Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Best Speech in Movie History

Meatballs:

TRIPPER(Bill Murray): And even if we win, if we win, HAH! Even if we play so far above our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days; even if God in Heaven above points his hand at our side of the field; even if every man woman and child joined hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Mohawk because they've got all the money! It just doesn't matter if we win or if we lose. IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 AM

How has this not yet been said?

"I've had it with these god-damn snakes!"

S.L.J - Snakes on a plane, 2K6
Old 04-07-2006, 12:35 AM

This is a world where everybody's gotta do something.
You know somebody laid down this rule, that everybody's gotta do something.
They've gotta be something
You know, a dentist, a pilot, a narc, a janitor, a preacher, all that.
Sometimes, I just get tired of thinking of all the things that I don't wanna do.
All things that I don't wanna be.
All places that I don't wanna go, like India, like get my teeth cleaned.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:47 AM

I really like that, what movie is it from?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:51 AM

Barfly
Old 04-07-2006, 12:51 AM

All right now, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:54 AM

greed is good, etc.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [censored] we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get chills everytime.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't know if it's the best but this speech made True Romance worth watching. From the scene where Coccotti(Christopher Walken) is interrogating Worley(Dennis Hopper) on his son's whereabouts.

Clifford Worley: You're Sicilian, huh?

Coccotti: Yeah, Sicilian.

Clifford Worley: Ya know, I read a lot. Especially about things... about history. I find that [censored] fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not. Sicilians were spawned by [censored].

Coccotti: Come again?

Clifford Worley: It's a fact. Yeah. You see, uh, Sicilians have, uh, black blood pumpin' through their hearts. Hey, no, if eh, if eh, if you don't believe me, uh, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, uh, you see, uh, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are [censored].

Coccotti: Yes...

Clifford Worley: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much [censored]' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that [censored] gene. Now this...

[Coccotti busts out laughing]

Clifford Worley: No, I'm, no, I'm quoting... history. It's written. It's a fact, it's written.

Coccotti: [Laughing] I love this guy.

Clifford Worley: Your ancestors are [censored]. Uh-huh.
[Starts laughing, too]

Clifford Worley: Hey. Yeah. And, and your great-great-great-great grandmother [censored] a [censored], ho, ho, yeah, and she had a half-[censored] kid... now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant.

[All laugh]

Coccotti: Ohhh!

Clifford Worley: Huh? Hey! Hey! Hey!
[motioning with his hand three times]

Coccotti: You're a cantaloupe.
[shoots Cliff in the face]

[/ QUOTE ]

How th eF did it take this long to post this one?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:31 AM

The first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title was James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams. Someone posted it earlier in the thread, and that's the answer.

Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday is also good, but the thing that is so good about that one is the actors' faces while he's giving it.

Mel Gibson in Braveheart is another good one, but just in terms of tying the movie together. I still get chills listening to it even though I've seen the movie 100 times.