Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: $7.50 (tax not included) or $8.00/$8.25 (tax included)

[ QUOTE ]
As a kid I hated getting small amounts in change.

I remember really liking a store that sold baseball cards w/ tax included.

I'd say it makes a big enough difference in terms of making the customer happy that you should include tax. $8.25 sounds good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap you still post?? Which one of you liked the tax included?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just skimmed the replies so maybe this has been said already but ..

I would have tax included. Now you hand them back 3 quarters right? So what you need to do is have something for sale that costs/takes quarters

Arcade machine, gumballs, a jukebox, whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

BIMO

[/ QUOTE ]

We currently have a pinball machine, one of those claw machines with the prizes inside, a 3-1 arcade game, and a soda and snacks vending machines. We are considering a air hockey table as well. Gumballs is a great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

golden tee is a must for anyplace that you can fit it.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a kid I hated getting small amounts in change.

I remember really liking a store that sold baseball cards w/ tax included.

I'd say it makes a big enough difference in terms of making the customer happy that you should include tax. $8.25 sounds good IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap you still post?? Which one of you liked the tax included?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL CAN HE GET A GROUP DISCOUNT FOR HIMSELF? IS THIS THING ON?

He's been back posting for like a year, where have you been?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:02 PM

It has been considered, guids, but costs around $7k. Also, I know that GT appeals to people our age (I'm 27, don't really know about you) but most of our customers will be under the age of 20. Personally, I'd love to have the machine there, but given the unknown marketability of it and the high initial cost, I don't think we'll be doing it.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has been considered, guids, but costs around $7k. Also, I know that GT appeals to people our age (I'm 27, don't really know about you) but most of our customers will be under the age of 20. Personally, I'd love to have the machine there, but given the unknown marketability of it and the high initial cost, I don't think we'll be doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you get Golden Tee 05/06 off ebay for like 2k? I know someone who has it in his house, maybe you can't do that for commercial use?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 PM

I think air hockey is a great idea. It appeals to a wide array of ages and is very popular from what I have seen.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Have a quarter slot at the beginning of every hole. It turns on a magnet that pulls the ball (get some magnetized balls) into the hole as long as it's within 4" or something.

Anyhow, how is maintenance on a Golden Tee machine? The fact that people are hitting the ball as hard as they can and likely punching the machine regularly seems like it could be a net loss for a while.

It seems like you could consider an area set aside as an arcade, and have some third party put the games there and maintain them. Then they pay you some % of the money for the location. That kills the initial cost of the machine as far as you're concerned, and they can stick whatever they want there.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably find a gaming company that will stick a Golden Tee in your place and split it with you. A friends family owns a small bar and they have the brand new Golden Tee hooked up to the net and everything and it costs them zero dollars.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably find a gaming company that will stick a Golden Tee in your place and split it with you. A friends family owns a small bar and they have the brand new Golden Tee hooked up to the net and everything and it costs them zero dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Ive bought a few machines and opened up lines of credit based on the machines. If a place is hard up for cash, Ill give them 2 to 5k, and put a machine in their place. I get all the profits, until double the loan is paid back, usually takes about 2 or 3 months. Usually this only works out if the bar owner is a cokehead, becuase cokeheads tend to run very busy places, but are always short on cash.

most vending companies will def put one in for a split of the profits. I will say this, of ANY other type of buziness, vending is the shadiest and you are much more likely to be dealing with people who you might not want to be dealing with.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just skimmed the replies so maybe this has been said already but ..

I would have tax included. Now you hand them back 3 quarters right? So what you need to do is have something for sale that costs/takes quarters

Arcade machine, gumballs, a jukebox, whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Def agree with this, unless everyone else includes tax and you want to appear as the cheaper option without actually being cheaper.