Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: AlwaysAir: The Aftermath

Classic "be a douchebag first, ask for forgiveness later" post in typical 2+2 fashion. It happens all too often. Well done AA.

DLizzle and others,

3-bet.net is a great site with great coaches. I for one attribute 100% of my success at mid-stakes+ to jkrantz. I've made a lot of money because of his teachings and his involvement running 3-bet.net will allow that knowledge to be spread to those who seek it.

KoW
Old 12-14-2006, 02:24 PM

Shouldn't coaches have to post proof of being significant winning players over a large sample? Or does everyone just throw money at all the people who parrot everything that comes out of respected posters' mouths?
Old 12-14-2006, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone just throw money at all the people who parrot everything that comes out of respected posters' mouths

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

In all seriousness, what do you think would happen if you sign up for coaching and get a coach that you think is an idiot? You don't pay and you don't go back. It's in everyone's best interest for the coaching to be high quality...
Old 12-14-2006, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should coach AE?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I should

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO, yer killing me....
Old 12-14-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cliffs Notes: AlwaysAir figured out that he can still make money as a coach if he salvages his rep here somehow, and has decided to put his scamming talents toward a heartfelt apology. I, for one, will have his baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo. and to really make amends, he should pay some money to 3 bet coaches whose reputation and business he's hurt by making 3 bet known vaguely as "that site where coaches steal money."
Old 12-14-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone just throw money at all the people who parrot everything that comes out of respected posters' mouths

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

In all seriousness, what do you think would happen if you sign up for coaching and get a coach that you think is an idiot? You don't pay and you don't go back. It's in everyone's best interest for the coaching to be high quality...

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is if you need coaching you may not be able to tell the difference between someone who's good at internet forums and someone who's good at poker. They don't need to be a clear idiot to pass on all the mistakes that make them "run bad" all the time.

The fact that someone who seems to have lied about some of his credentials, and is now nearly bust, was coaching (even if he did a good job of it) is bothersome.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 PM

phoenix,

the thing is, someone doesn't need to be an excellent player to be an excellent coach, and they dont even need to be an excellent player in order for them to have an excellent understanding of the game. some people understand the game, communicate well, and are great coaches, but just suck "in the heat of the moment"/tilt bad/do any number of other stuff that might make them a losing player. but that doesn't mean they can't teach someone else ot beat the game.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is if you need coaching you may not be able to tell the difference between someone who's good at internet forums and someone who's good at poker. They don't need to be a clear idiot to pass on all the mistakes that make them "run bad" all the time.

The fact that someone who seems to have lied about some of his credentials, and is now nearly bust, was coaching (even if he did a good job of it) is bothersome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoenix my ability as a player and as a coach isn't what is questioned in this thread - it's more my integrity/maturity I guess.

Me being semi bust means 2 things:

a) I still have a substancial amount of money to be able to play - just not 25/50 let's say/

b) I have alot of other other ventures in motion that require investment
Old 12-14-2006, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And dont worry I wont be coming back

[/ QUOTE ]
Knew it was too good to be true.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And dont worry I wont be coming back