Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Hand from villian\'s perspective (Reshef)

[ QUOTE ]
because once hero does this on the flop [3bets], it's very unlikely that the K6 wins without improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

true but isn't there something to be said for cleaning up his K outs, especially when utg looks alot like AK?

but i agree for the most part that maybe the cap is overdoing it since hero has a SD hand 100% of the time.

however, the other thing i forgot to mention is the implied odds thing that you mentioned - you can't put him on a flush so if hero would have raised the turn like he should have it lets Reshef b/3bet.

plus, these are exactly the types of hands that tilts your opponents and forces them to spew against you...but that concept has already been beaten to death in this thread.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 AM

i don't think utg looks like AK at all (just calling preflop, coldcalling the flop), but i never really knocked the hand in the OP anyway, other than pf and the flop cap. my main thing was the K2 one vs. heisenberg where there is just no justification for wasting that many bets in a single hand.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 AM

i counted no less than 3 separate players who capped flush draws oop against me in my session tonight... and once it was when I had a worse hand hoping to take a free card...

it seems like thats just the thing with spewing; reshef obviously picks a lot of good spots as well as [censored] spots and nobody is able to post the hands when it actually works
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you need to raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on FD. Sure he could have a lower set, but I think he has the FD more of the time here. Plus I just felt that way instictually.

Someone said the cap disguises his hand so he get's to 3 bet the turn if I raise... but really considering the pf action and the player I don't think his hand was disguised very well. Considering how popular capping draws on the flop has become in the last 2 years, and the unlikelyhood of him having a queen, in my mind it was either FD or set, and probably not set.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i counted no less than 3 separate players who capped flush draws oop against me in my session tonight... and once it was when I had a worse hand hoping to take a free card...

it seems like thats just the thing with spewing; reshef obviously picks a lot of good spots as well as [censored] spots and nobody is able to post the hands when it actually works

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted one where he won the pot. His play was beyond retarded, but he still won.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Please explain how my play in this hand is exploitable by Reshef in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your range after 3betting the flop and betting the turn contains no draws, then he can exploit you by folding a lot of weak hands on the turn and river - hands that he would have to call down against someone who might be semi-bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are often 3betting this flop and barreling this turn vs. this opponent with merely draws, then you really suck at this game and a good player is going to bury you.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 AM

Pokerbob

How many 10s of thousands are you up on this person?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted one where he won the pot. His play was beyond retarded, but he still won.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he means no one is able to post one that works because they would have folded in the actual hand if his spew had worked...which is a good point.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How many 10s of thousands are you up on this person?

[/ QUOTE ]

On my laptop PT, he is up $555 on me in 73 hands. $290 of which came from 2 hands where I had AA. Since he is up on me, his play must be correct.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM

So you have such a strong opinion based on 70 or so hands...

cute