Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: TV cooking contest shows

It's usually on at 10 p.m. PST, if I recall correctly. But it may sometimes be on at 9 p.m. PST depending on how many reruns they show before it. Should be today tho.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 AM

The show was a reunion show. Had select people from all 3 seasons...was kinda dumb especially since I was looking forward to seeing a new episode tonight. At least Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is on tomorrow night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Yeah, big disappointment. I like how the Simpsons guys refer to clip shows as their "cash-in" shows. Top Chef was cashing in, here.

It was cool to see that Sam was doing well, though, with his new restaurant. And that the Southern guy kicked off first still seemed in good spirits and hadn't offed himself like his dad. Camille was looking even hotter than usual, but they didn't give her a chance to say anything that I recall. Interestingly, the host had strabismus, and I don't recall ever seeing that on a t.v. host before, or pretty much anywhere on t.v. or in the movies before. Hard to believe times might actually be changing.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Tonight Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is on BBC America, is anyone watching this show? It's one of my favorites, much better than HK I think.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 PM

Wish I could. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much it. Chicken sandwich and onion rings. Why it was so tasty, I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the people eating it were 15 years old?

[ QUOTE ]
I kind of got thrown by Bonnie's goat cheese with greens salad. I haven't heard of kids being big fans of either salad or goat cheese before.

[/ QUOTE ]

That might've been one of the worst ideas in the history of TV cooking shows. lol dumblondeaments
Old 07-28-2007, 08:03 AM

I just saw the RKN episode with the old couple who owned a roadside pub. That guy was hilarious with all those ridiculous plates from ebay.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:01 PM

I gotta catch that thing when it gets to Netflix.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just saw the RKN episode with the old couple who owned a roadside pub. That guy was hilarious with all those ridiculous plates from ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol that poor old guy had 2 days off in like 18 years, except for the few days he had bypass surgery. It's amazing how Ramsay gets most of the places turned around so they don't have to close.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 AM

Just saw the latest episode of Hell's Kitchen. Very good. Now that the show has gotten through the real obvious junk contestants, it has been getting better and better.

Tonight we went down to two. SPOILER BELOW

SPOILER HERE:

We started with Rock and Jen and Bonnie left. The first challenge was a recreation of American comfort food classics, shades of the other shows. Each person picked a covered dish and then it was revealed what they got. Bonnie got franks and beans, and was kind of flustered as to what to do with it. I don't blame her. Jen got fried chicken. Rock got spaghetti and meatballs.

They each made three portions, and their moms were brought in to judge. Winner was the person who had the ingredient with the most potential to be dressed up, I thought: Jen. She made a stuffed chicken roll which Ramsey himself implied wasn't much like fried chicken. All moms chose it unanimously. Jen got a lunch out with Ramsey and his mom, and her mom, and a grand to go shopping for kitchen supplies.

Then came the main challenge. That, besides not screwing up in general during service, was quality control and expediting at the front of the kitchen. Ramsey brought in sous chefs and told them to screw up a couple or few dishes for each chef. And the person eliminated was Jen. The elimination seemed fair, because she did let a few dishes go through that weren't properly prepared -- like spaghetti with crab that had no crab in it.

Ramsey was very complimentary to everyone this time.

I have to admit I'm surprised Bonnie has lasted this long. She seems to have improved in her general organization skills very dramatically, as she seemed completely out of her element many times earlier in this season. Now it really does seem fair to say she seems to be holding things together as well as anyone. If anything, she's been getting along best with her peers among the four and then three that remained. Of anyone, she seemed to be getting on last nerves the least.

But I can't picture her as strong enough to run her own ship, while Rock seems to have natural authority and a certain helpful calm in his manner. I can see Bonnie getting too flustered and breaking down. Unless I'm mistaken, she also has less cooking knowledge than Rock.

It will be an interesting final. Both of these people are naturally very likeable -- as was Jen. It looks like it will have to do with designing a menu and handling the design of a restaurant -- or mock restaurant for the evening, as it were.