Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: 2007 Silver Slugger awards

"Victor,
Are you good at NL? Not an insult serious question."

ive played nearly 100k hands lifetime and winrate is just under 4. i made 60k at 2-4 thru 5-10 and lost it all back at higher. i could improve a lot but im a winner.

anyway, u guys are right but that was fun ya?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 PM

kinda curious why my nl skillz matter. how bout my limit game? or stud8?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For those saying Braun, extrapolate his stats to a full season and you basically get Miggy Cabrera. That's a fantastic season, but Wright and Jones still had better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Braun should have won, as there were some excellent seasons by other 3B, such as Wright, Chipper, and Cabrera, but I'm confused how you can say "extrapolate his stats to a full season and you basically get Miggy Cabrera."

Playing in 44 fewer games, Braun and Cabrera had the exact same number of runs and HR. Cabrera had more RBI and a better OBP because he walked more. But Braun's OPS was still better.

So, again, I have no problem whatsoever with Wright winning the award (and I like him a lot - he's a great player), but aside from more strikeouts and fewer walks (which resulted in a lower OBP), Braun's extrapolated numbers would outpace Cabrera's by a significant margin.

It was nice to see Chipper have a great season. To me, it seems like he's been forgotten because of the Braves decline.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kinda curious why my nl skillz matter. how bout my limit game? or stud8?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I was thinking of accepting your challenge and I am terrible at limit and stud8.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 PM

ive never played stud8 in my life. im sure youre better than me at nl. i just find bad players. like really bad.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For those saying Braun, extrapolate his stats to a full season and you basically get Miggy Cabrera. That's a fantastic season, but Wright and Jones still had better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Braun should have won, as there were some excellent seasons by other 3B, such as Wright, Chipper, and Cabrera, but I'm confused how you can say "extrapolate his stats to a full season and you basically get Miggy Cabrera."

Playing in 44 fewer games, Braun and Cabrera had the exact same number of runs and HR. Cabrera had more RBI and a better OBP because he walked more. But Braun's OPS was still better.

So, again, I have no problem whatsoever with Wright winning the award (and I like him a lot - he's a great player), but aside from more strikeouts and fewer walks (which resulted in a lower OBP), Braun's extrapolated numbers would outpace Cabrera's by a significant margin.

It was nice to see Chipper have a great season. To me, it seems like he's been forgotten because of the Braves decline.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ehhh, I thought that might be misinterpreted and almost edited it. What I meant was after you extrapolate Braun's stats out to a full season, he and Miggy would have about the same VORP.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ehhh, I thought that might be misinterpreted and almost edited it. What I meant was after you extrapolate Braun's stats out to a full season, he and Miggy would have about the same VORP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I see what you mean.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"But he's not better than Posada, which is what you are saying. "

mikeys hypothetical player is not similar to vmart and obv not better than posada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mikey's point was to show you that a player could have an absolutely sh!tty year yet still hit 20 HR's and have 100 RBI's.

Look at it this way. Would A-Rod have 150+ RBI's if he batted 1st or 9th in the line up? Would Jeter score 100+ runs a year if Clemens and Wang were batting 3rd and 4th in the line up?