FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB2?
Henry vs Houston 8 88.89%
Washington vs CLE 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Did He Touch Home?

[ QUOTE ]
one is an infamous bad play which cost the 'cursed' bosox a monster playoff game, one is a perhaps blown close call by an umpire which may have decided a one game playoff for the wildcard between the ROCKIES AND THE PADRES.

They are similar in the general sense that they both happened in baseball games and people will bitch about them... They are not similar in any interesting sense you retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, I love how you people are bandwagoning on 1 thing I said wrong (and yes I own up to it), but there really is no call for personal attacks.

They are similiar in the fact that each play should not be singled out that cost each team the game. There were other series of events that led it up to that point that could have been totally avoided and to blame it on 1 person or 1 call in that particular instance to say a certain team "stole" a game is totally insane and unfair.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 AM

There was one shot where it looked like his hand got over the catchers foot and hit the tip of the plate, but there was a lot of dirt. The ump had the perfect view if this is what happened.

And WTF no high def cameras for the home double?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 AM

At first I thought he completely missed the plate, but after watching a few replays it looked like his hand swiped the plate right under Barrett's foot. IF there had been instant replay, probably too inconclusive to reverse.

And LOLOL at thinking Barrett was illegally blocking (or "obstructing") the plate.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was one shot where it looked like his hand got over the catchers foot and hit the tip of the plate, but there was a lot of dirt. The ump had the perfect view if this is what happened.

And WTF no high def cameras for the home double?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to change the subject but i didnt get to see any of the game just the highlights. Was the game in HD?

A friend of mine was telling me that the playoffs on TBS will not be in HD. Any truth to this? This would piss me off!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 AM

Even if we bring in NASA, and they demonstrate conclusively that Holliday did not touch the plate, it's hard to call this a "blown call" given the ump's position, the speed of the play, and the fact we actually have disagreement in slow motion replay. Just like we accept balls and strikes cannot be 100% consistent (ie: some calls are essentially "wrong" given prior calls), you have to accept some reasonably small margin of error in official rulings. And it's hard to think this play doesn't fall within that. So, whoever said the Rockies' run is now "tainted" - please.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 AM

NH Hoffman.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At first I thought he completely missed the plate, but after watching a few replays it looked like his hand swiped the plate right under Barrett's foot. IF there had been instant replay, probably too inconclusive to reverse.

And LOLOL at thinking Barrett was illegally blocking (or "obstructing") the plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

god you're such a retarded douchebag. his very next post had both the rule and a statement that he was wrong and in no way blocking (or "obstructing" [make sure to include quotes for patronizing effect!])
Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holliday said he got stepped on. Barrett's foot gave way after he tried to block off Holliday's hand. So it's possible he got his hand in, but it sure looked like he didn't. The on-deck batter's look makes me think he felt Holliday didn't touch home, but maybe that was just a reaction to there being no call by the umpire.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me Holliday's reaction was that he didn't touch either. He looked kind of upset and for some reason I thought that he thought he was out. I can't trust the catchers reaction because he didnt hear a call and just kept going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Holliday even said he wasn't sure if he touched it.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Holliday said he got stepped on. Barrett's foot gave way after he tried to block off Holliday's hand. So it's possible he got his hand in, but it sure looked like he didn't. The on-deck batter's look makes me think he felt Holliday didn't touch home, but maybe that was just a reaction to there being no call by the umpire.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me Holliday's reaction was that he didn't touch either. He looked kind of upset and for some reason I thought that he thought he was out. I can't trust the catchers reaction because he didnt hear a call and just kept going.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus Holliday even said he wasn't sure if he touched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like his face hit the dirt hard enough for him to think he was in France for a few moments there.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 AM

WTF How are there so many posts in this thread? He obviously didn't touch the plate. It looked pretty clear in the replay. Ump missed the call.