Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's very true it's easy for me to say this sitting here. It takes some repetition in dealing with people in a calm rational manner all the time to be able to do so when your emotions are through the roof. You are worried about your kids safety and treating the kid like scum isn't the best way to make the situation better in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right but when it comes to my kids, I'm not there yet. Not with someone that does something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't anything wrong with this.

Howard Tressong and niss's advice sums up the thread.

The only real solution to this problem is being next to your kid when she's playing in the street. You can't prevent other people from being dumb.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only real solution to this problem is being next to your kid when she's playing in the street.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if the car speeds round the corner it takes out both of them? I like the way you think.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The only real solution to this problem is being next to your kid when she's playing in the street. You can't prevent other people from being dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, because not having a toddler play in the street is a totally preposterous notion
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only real solution to this problem is being next to your kid when she's playing in the street.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if the car speeds round the corner it takes out both of them? I like the way you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny
Old 09-08-2007, 01:12 AM

After reading most of thread, I think your subject line is appropriate. Your neighbors are morons, and so are you. You, for letting your kids play in the street and your neighbors for running the stop sign and getting pissed when you complained. The only good thing about the situation is that there is a good chance that your kids will get run over and improve the gene pool.

I'm old enough that when I was a kid, no one ever heard of a bike helmet, and I rode in cars routinely without a seat belt, but my parents didn't let me play in the street. On balance, I think this enhanced my survival probabilities enough to more than make up for the lack of bike helmets and seat belts.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only good thing about the situation is that there is a good chance that your kids will get run over and improve the gene pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

if anyone was wondering about the best way to get banned for a few days, here is exhibit A
Old 09-08-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading most of thread, I think your subject line is appropriate. Your neighbors are morons, and so are you. You, for letting your kids play in the street and your neighbors for running the stop sign and getting pissed when you complained. The only good thing about the situation is that there is a good chance that your kids will get run over and improve the gene pool.

I'm old enough that when I was a kid, no one ever heard of a bike helmet, and I rode in cars routinely without a seat belt, but my parents didn't let me play in the street. On balance, I think this enhanced my survival probabilities enough to more than make up for the lack of bike helmets and seat belts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you're really, really smart. You don't seem to be able to interact with other human beings well, but what can you do right? Seriously, do you not have kids? Or have any idea how parents feel about their kids? You just said you hope someone's kids die, and not some random person, but a member of our 'community'. Bravo.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:57 AM

You let toddlers play in the street at dusk? I don't know what to say. I'm really quite speechless. You may have all the rights and laws on your side, but you're obviously a complete idiot. And the excuse that the people who live there know is insane. What happens if a nice speedy delivery service van arrives? Or a pizza delivery car? Oh sure, you may have the law on your side but it will be scant comfort to your injured, maimed or God forbid dead child.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet another angry parent. Woop dee [censored] doo. Join a club with other people who share your skewed world view. I think I agree with you more or less but it's hard when you have that aura of wanting the world to suddenly change just because you have spawned some grotty little pups. However I'm sure anyone else with kids will be happy to nod and wag their finger along with you all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. This 'think of the children' mentality ruins it for the rest of us, with anti-gambling legislation and 1:30am last calls. First they exaggerate the threat to their own kids (only natural, its science, and I'm sure I'll be the same way) then explode when others don't share their hysteria over sex/drinking/gambling/driving-fast, wanting all of society to change so that their kids aren't 'hurt,' instead of just not letting them play in the damn street. Damn rants.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:19 AM

(It seems I need to present my credentials before presenting my opinion, so let the record show that I have three kids, ages 7, 8, and 10.)

It's been a long, long time since a poster made me genuinely angry, but OP managed to pull it off. The more of his posts that I read, the angrier I got. When he started quoting statutes, I went right out of my mind. "I was right! I was right! I got my kid maimed, but I was right!!! That stupid driver is in jail now! I showed him!!!"

If a teenager drove down my quiet street at 25 mph, I'd kiss him on the mouth! And I'd nominate him for some sort of Safe Teen Driver award.

You're saying that your kids are in grave danger if there is a car that is approaching at 25 mph, AND a car traveling at 25 mph probably cannot react in time to stop after seeing your kids.

I wouldn't dream of letting my children play in such a dangerous spot. If I did, I can't imagine blaming somebody else if--no, not "if", WHEN--the very predictable disaster inevitably occurred.

I'll take one last crack of getting through to the OP (the last line of this post is a paraphrasing of a line from the OP):

WIFE: You're an idiot!

HUSBAND: No I'm not! You don't have a leg to stand on.

WIFE: You took all our money out of the bank?

HUSBAND: Yeah.

WIFE: You went to that branch in the scary neighborhood?

WIFE: You walked down the street of that ghetto with all our money???

WIFE: And you carried it in a laundry basket, so that everyone could see you were walking around with armloads of cash?

HUSBAND: That's right.

WIFE: You got mugged! Now we have no money!

HUSBAND: But it's not my fault! I wouldn't have lost all my money if not for that scoundrel who BROKE THE LAW! There's no law against carrying a display of money through the ghetto. I'm not the one breaking a law, it's the kid that robbed me that's breaking the law.