Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

And, HEY, 1000 posts. Go me, I'm instantly a better poker player for it.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Gem from dbeckham. He's the SB. Button was super passive so I made the fold anticipating dbeckham to have some idea of poker.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has Jc Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
SB has Qc 8c (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Button wins 13.50 BB. </font>
Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Find more spots eventually? not at the rate I'm going - I used to be 25/15 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

and at the table good ~30/20ers just don't seem to play many hands that I don't.

So if they're not playing hands that I'm not and my numbers are too low then there's only one solution. I will raise from the BB more when its limped to me: vpip+, pfr+, no more hands.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference between 30/20 and 25/15 isn't that noticeable because it often only a result of one or more of the following:

a) 3-betting button raises lighter in small blind
b) Open raising lighter on the button
c) calling lighter in the BB
d) 3-betting cut off raises lighter on the button

In my data base im 29.1/20.4 @ 5/10.
@ 3/6 I was 23.4/15.6.

All the changes in my preflop play were a result of a,b,c,d.
I've actually tightened up my play in certain areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was gonna ask chez what his general ranges were in those spots vs different opponents
Old 04-06-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gem from dbeckham. He's the SB. Button was super passive so I made the fold anticipating dbeckham to have some idea of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also obsessed w/ free sd raising and does it in real bad spots.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Find more spots eventually? not at the rate I'm going - I used to be 25/15 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

and at the table good ~30/20ers just don't seem to play many hands that I don't.

So if they're not playing hands that I'm not and my numbers are too low then there's only one solution. I will raise from the BB more when its limped to me: vpip+, pfr+, no more hands.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference between 30/20 and 25/15 isn't that noticeable because it often only a result of one or more of the following:

a) 3-betting button raises lighter in small blind
b) Open raising lighter on the button
c) calling lighter in the BB
d) 3-betting cut off raises lighter on the button

In my data base im 29.1/20.4 @ 5/10.
@ 3/6 I was 23.4/15.6.

All the changes in my preflop play were a result of a,b,c,d.
I've actually tightened up my play in certain areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was gonna ask chez what his general ranges were in those spots vs different opponents

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks both, this is very helpful. I can't give ranges (which may be part of the problem) as it depends so much on what I'm thinking at the time.

I want to say I'm very agressive open raising on the button but looking at my stats I have a raise first in on button of 16% which sounds low - how low is it?

I'm losing 0.18BB/hand in the BB. How bad is that? (0.1 from SB)

Not sure if there's any stat for 3 betting button vs co -but I try and must try harder.

I've had huge trouble 3betting from SB, I seem to get into horrible situations and struggling to see the merit in it.

Edit: here's one
dbeckham open in co, BB is solid, SB is loose wierd. I fold JTo on button. Correct/weak? and what's the minimum hands I should 3bet?

Ta
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Button is dbeckham. I lost 200 BB today holla.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.80 BB

Hero has Th Jh (straight, jack high).
Button has Qs Ts (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Button wins 12.80 BB. </font>
Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is cardlogs. I don't know button. Did cardlogs bet the river to induce a bluff raise or what? I don't get it.

I just looked through cardlogs hands for March and April and he only lost more than 5 bb in one hand 3 times. 5.5, 5.5, and 7. This is over 1400 hands. So his ratio is 0.002.

Compare this to me losing over 5 bb in one hand 113 times over 27000 hands. My ratio is double his. I sucks.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Button checks.

River: (6.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

CO has Qh Ac (one pair, nines).
Button has Kc Kd (two pair, kings and nines).
Outcome: Button wins 10.70 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FU I've played so many hands like that it hurts. I always justify it later by bitching that KK weirdplayed me and woulda made the same if he'd just bet the turn like a good boy.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, did you really fold 2 pair there or did you cleverly edit it out?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cardlogs will make money but he is never someone i worry about as his tight by the book style makes him relatively straight forward to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I haven't had trouble with this dude. I've played 563 hands and have beat him for 5 BB+ in one of them, and 3-5 BB in four of them. Maybe it takes a nit to own a nit... Orrr, maybe I just haven't played him enough, and should avoid his ass.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 04-06-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd. I play this guy all the friggin' time, so thanks for posting this. I knew he was super aggro, but not to this extent - this is very illuminating...