Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Dumbest cashier ever? (TR kinda-sorta)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I loved being a dick to people who were dicks to me...
Some would bitch because I didn't give them a $5 bill and my answer would always be "I'm sorry, I don't have enough to give out. If you want change, you can go to the customer service desk and they will do it for you."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever said that to me, I'd be all over you.

ME: Can I get a $5?

YOU: Sorry, I don't have enough to give out.

ME: What does that mean?

YOU: Sorry?

ME: You don't have "enough"? That means you have "some", right? At least one? If so, why are you saving it? For when a customer needs a $5 bill, right? Isn't that time NOW?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any manager will back you up on this. We are not a bank and you are always told to never give change. Most cashiers do it as a courtesy or because they don't know any better.

You could get over me all you want. You're just wasting energy and I have the last laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they back up an [censored] cashier over a paying custemer who just wants a $5?

I do not believe your storys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice I would only not give you the change you wanted if you were a dick to me. Ask any cashier... you are told to never give change and the reason for it is mostly because of potential scams (like my above post) and cashier error.

So once I give you back 5 $1's, a manager is going to not give me crap for not giving you a $5 bill for your 5 $1's. I might get a little heat from them for not giving you a $5 bill in the first place but that's not something I'm going to get written up for.

Moral of the story... don't be a dick and you'll get what you want.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:43 PM

Im in subway waiting to order
There is one guy working complaining to a customer that he hates his job blah blah blah and that his boss takes out any money that the reguster is short from his check. He says this happens all the time.
The customer tells him thats what his boss is doing is illegal and he should file a complaint with whatever state department is in charge of such things.

When I go to pay for my order which is b/w 6 and 7 dollars I pay with a 20 and get 16 dollars and some random change back.Normally I would say something but apparently this guy does it all of the time.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:53 PM

iggy,

I have been a cashier during highschool, and I understand where you're coming from. Going out of your way to give a guy 5 ones instead of a five is a huge dick move. I won't ever be a cashier again, but it has more to do with hate of people in general then it does with hate of customers. At 2 jobs that I had as a cashier I was accused of stealing money, and at both of them it eventually was proven without a doubt that I wasn't stealing. One time it was a fellow worker who was a junior manager who stole from my register to pay for an abortion, and another time a coworker just felt like getting "rich" the easy way.

Both times I continued to work for the company for a period of time after they accused me, and then cleared me of their charges, but it turns you off to your bos pretty quick when the idea that you could even be able to do such things crosses their minds.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you pocket the $20?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not as easy to pocket money at a register as you think it might be. I could have pulled it off but I wasn't going to risk my job and possible law trouble over $20.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be where I work. Helps that no clerk has a particular register and there's only two of them.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They sent an apology and a $25 gidt cert., but I can't get change on it. So now I'm waiting for an occasion when I can buy $25 worth of KFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be patient, that time will eventually come and it will be a glorious occasion.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The French bread story is kinda funny, but I can see how that could happen. You get so used to your routine with the customer that you don't make the connection before the words come out of your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of similar to that one.

Me at McDonalds: I just want an order of large fries.

Cashier: Would you like fries with that?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was living in korea and used to go to mcdonalds a lot for dinner. it was usually just the easiest thing to do because of the language barrier. i always ordered the same thing, cheese burger meal with the cheeseburger plain. they always got it right until this one time. first, i got the food and it was just a normal cheese burger with everything on it. so i went back and told them, they said sorry, and made me a new one. it was exactly the same. so i went back again and told them, they said sorry and made a new one. this time they gave me one with no meat and no cheese, only a bun with pickles mustard and ketchup on it. so i went back again, and they gave me bun with just the meat ,a loogie, no cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-08-2007, 09:37 PM

Last week I'm in a D'Angelo grinder shop and I pay for my phone order. It comes to like 7.81. I give him a ten and look for the 81 cents in my pocket. But, I didn't have it, because who has 81 cents in their pocket, right? So I just give him a penny instead.

him: (somewhat condescendingly laughing) "nah, man, it's 81 cents, not 1 cent"

me: "I know"

him: staring at me for a second; "ok, i'll take the penny"

me: k thx ship the change pls

him: hands me back 2 dollars and 19 cents change.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:42 PM

I worked at CVS for like 4 years and for some reason I can only remember 1 dumb customer story... pretty quick, but a classic

*on phone*

me- "sup? this be cvs!"
lady- "what time do you guys close?"
me- "we're 24 hours m`am"
lady- "oh, so what time do you open?"
me- "..." *laughs* "we're 24 hours m`am!"
Old 07-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Cashiering is hard guys.