Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: 6 Teams to not make the playoffs- OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
Cleveland may be my best hope. Damn that missed FG against Oakland looks costly. Other than that though, their two losses were to Pit and NE- very justifiable, and they played NE as well as any other team has(not saying that much I know).

Their out of division schedule the rest of the way:

@St Louis
Seattle
Houston
@Arizona
@NY Jets
Buffalo
SF

In division, they still have one game against each team. However, all of their reamaining divison games are on the road.

If they can go 1-2 in those 3 divional games, then they'll have to go 5-2 in those other games to finish 10-6. Not likely, but I think its possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like they'll be favored in 5 of those games, no? Just winning 1 of the 3 division games will be tough though.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:46 PM

i'm going to take a minute out of my busy schedule to laugh at you coolmoedee. And I don't even know who you are.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

ahahahahahahahahaha.

i will also bet you eleventy bazillion dollars that chicago does not win their division.

If you'd like to, we could ask Perf to let us do Sports Betting Survivor. I'll bet you on one of your absurd claims like Chicago winning the division, and the loser of the bet is never allowed to post in sports betting again. that'd be pretty awesome.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cleveland may be my best hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may be my only hope now. Big loss by Oakland against KC. Tennesee still looks strong though, and if Jacksonville loses tomorrow that'll help.

Baltimore clearly isn't that good of a team(and I'm a fan) and Cleveland has already beaten them once. I dunno, I'm feeling kinda confident in them now....

Pit 4-2
Balt 4-3
Cle 3-3
Cincy 2-4
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 AM

Cleveland 7
3-3 in a middling division. Not a huge chance, but still some chance that they take the division.

Oakland 7
2-4 and alst in the division. Too early to say stick a fork in them? Probably not.

Houston 5
3-4 in a terrific division. They're done.

Atlanta 5
Last time i pick the hometown team as my sleeper. You are safe with this one. 1-6 does not equal playoffs. Done

Buffalo 5
You are safe with this one. 2-4 does not equal playoffs. Not winning the division. Done.

Miami 4
You are safe with this one. 0-7 does not equal playoffs. Done.

Tennessee 3
4-2 in a loaded division. If the season ended today, they have a wild card. Obviously a threat. This could be a very interesting team down the stretch.

Detroit 2
4-2, if the season ended today they are tied with WASH for the second NFC wild card. Definitely have a shot to make it in.

Kansas City 2
4-3 and in the lead of their division. SD looks to have regained form, so they are not necessarily the favorites to win their division, however. Getting a wild card will be tough with JAC and TEN playing well, as well as competing with other middling teams, so this one should be very interesting.

Green Bay 1
LOL 5-1 UR screwed.

New York Giants - 1
5-2, in a good division. If the season ended today, they are the first wild card. Not a lock, but looking very good at this point.

If i was ranking teams on likelihood of postseason birth, i would go

Green Bay
NYG
Tennessee
Detriot
KC
Cleveland
None of the rest are close.

6 teams i think are still in the hunt.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:13 AM

Omahahahaha- GB is making it, GG. even if they don't, the NYG will, and you have to sweat KC and CLE also.

Miami
Cleveland
Oakland
Green Bay
New York Giants
Kansas City

Kdog- sweating CLE and DET

Atlanta
Buffalo
Cleveland
Detroit
Miami
Oakland

NajdorfDefense- sweating CLE and DET

Miami
Houston
Oakland
Cleveland
Atlanta
Detroit

Lpmatt- sweating CLE and TEN

Cleveland
Houston
Buffalo
Atlanta
Oakland
Tennessee

Methodz- sweating CLE and TEN

Cleveland
Houston
Oakland
Tennessee
Buffalo
Atlanta

trixtrix- sweating CLE, TEN, and KC.

Buffalo
Cleveland
Houston
Tennessee
Kansas City
Oakland

Amerzel- sweating CLE

Atlanta
Miami
Oakland
Buffalo
Cleveland
Houston

Congrats to amerzel who seems to be the best bet right now, only sweating CLE, who is not likely to make it.

everyone is sweating CLE, who is not very likely to make it, but still has a chance. DET and TEN are crucial, and look to be betwinners for a.fisher at this point.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cleveland 7
3-3 in a middling division. Not a huge chance, but still some chance that they take the division.

Oakland 7
2-4 and alst in the division. Too early to say stick a fork in them? Probably not.

Houston 5
3-4 in a terrific division. They're done.

Atlanta 5
Last time i pick the hometown team as my sleeper. You are safe with this one. 1-6 does not equal playoffs. Done

Buffalo 5
You are safe with this one. 2-4 does not equal playoffs. Not winning the division. Done.

Miami 4
You are safe with this one. 0-7 does not equal playoffs. Done.

Tennessee 3
4-2 in a loaded division. If the season ended today, they have a wild card. Obviously a threat. This could be a very interesting team down the stretch.

Detroit 2
4-2, if the season ended today they are tied with WASH for the second NFC wild card. Definitely have a shot to make it in.

Kansas City 2
4-3 and in the lead of their division. SD looks to have regained form, so they are not necessarily the favorites to win their division, however. Getting a wild card will be tough with JAC and TEN playing well, as well as competing with other middling teams, so this one should be very interesting.

Green Bay 1
LOL 5-1 UR screwed.

New York Giants - 1
5-2, in a good division. If the season ended today, they are the first wild card. Not a lock, but looking very good at this point.

If i was ranking teams on likelihood of postseason birth, i would go

Green Bay
NYG
Tennessee
Detriot
KC
Cleveland
None of the rest are close.

6 teams i think are still in the hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis, except I think you are underrating how much AJ means to Houston. He is listed as day to day, and imo when he gets back they'll be a whole different team with the ability to have big plays and a quick strike offense. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Also keep in mind that the Jets, Chiefs, and Eagles were all under .500 after 5 or more games last season and they all made the playoffs. And the Cowboys were 4-4 after 8 games and made it. So while you can stick a fork in teams taht have 1 or 2 wins, I don't think you should write off any team that is near .500.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 AM

Also, just to note: As long as trixtrix loses I'm up on the year with the best(although for bragging rights I'd definitely like to win them all). And luckily for me, other than Omahahahaha, trixtrix is probably in the worst shape with 3 legit teams that could make it still(and even Oakland and Houston are still posibilities).

Basically I'm rooting against Jacksonville, Denver, Baltimore, and San Diego at this point. Pittsburgh faltering big time would be an added bonus, but I doubt that'll happen.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to take a minute out of my busy schedule to laugh at you coolmoedee. And I don't even know who you are.

Big win for the Bears! Watch out laughy boy.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

ahahahahahahahahaha.

i will also bet you eleventy bazillion dollars that chicago does not win their division.

If you'd like to, we could ask Perf to let us do Sports Betting Survivor. I'll bet you on one of your absurd claims like Chicago winning the division, and the loser of the bet is never allowed to post in sports betting again. that'd be pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 AM

Bears win!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This seemed like such an easy bet to pick 6 teams that don't make the playoffs. If I knew OP at all I would have made a nice little bet....My orginial post before the season started picked all these teams not to make it.
Clev.
Wash.
Minny.
Miami.
Gbay.
KC.
Oak.
Texans.
Det.
Atl.
Tbay.

To me all these teams are likely not to make it except for maybe GBay but even they will faulter im sure....why didn't I bet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll still let you in under special rules if you want....

You pick 9 of those 11 teams to not make the playoffs. If none of them make it, you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be -ev....so no, you can keep your money. Let me pick 5 teams out of that list and i'll bet you?