Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: So I guess Stars isn\'t asking to show hole cards at FT\'s anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont really think this is a big deal when i won the big one i showed my cards and i dont really regret it. I think people over estimate the amount of people actually watch the final table replay and how long it runs for, which is only a week. I can see why players wouldnt want to give away info, but in the end u dont really give up much at all

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not so much about giving away the info (I probably would agree to it), but not being given the choice is what I don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Choice is an illusion created by those with power to control those without.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:26 PM

Is that a Matrix quote?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that a Matrix quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you a smarty.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is that a Matrix quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well aren't you a smarty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya that french guy that had the "key maker"... the choice woulda been nice but maybe this will help boost the total entries to the mill like the holecard cam did for tv poker. Like MBob said some numbers on actual views of said replay might be nice...

Showing FT cards is one thing but what i dont like is the demeanor that PS has taken on the matter, i derive this from their disclaimer whenever you enter the mill or a sat targeted at the mill...
"The final table of this event will be recorded and replayed. During the replay, all players' hold cards will be shown face-up. If you do not wish to be part of the replay, then please do NOT register for this event. Please click OK to confirm that you agree with this condition and continue your registration."
From this it sounds like they anticipated some negative blowback from this policy and are effectively answering those ppls concerns with "oh ya well then dont play u whiny baby". Sure is nice of PS to take advantage of its position as the top online poker room by shoving this down our throats. GG Stars
Old 11-08-2007, 05:37 PM

I like this idea.

How often you play final table. And how long? You data mine more just by watching few tournaments. This is only few hands. And on the bubble...

[ QUOTE ]
Any deal at the final table must leave at least $30,000 to be awarded to the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't wanna hijack this thread but can someone explain why is there this term?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not so much about giving away the info (I probably would agree to it), but not being given the choice is what I don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]
you don't have a choice whether you want to avoid the speed limits.
When there's a choice then all cheaters won't give permissions.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 AM

Shaniac and KneeCo are exactly right on this issue. The point is that Stars is changing their policy, with respect to their largest weekly tournament, without giving the players anything in return.

It's comparable to a rake increase: if Pokerstars said, from now on this will be a $200+16 tournament instead of $200+15, then of course we as players would make our objections known -- even though Pokerstars clearly has the "right" to charge a higher rake and players have the choice to not play the tourney if they don't like it.

I would say that as compensation for showing hole cards, PokerStars should give something extra to each player at the final table, perhaps 25000 FPP or something like that.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a big deal, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think its kind of wrong to tack on this requirement without giving anything in return to the players? What's the basis for being forced to reveal your hole cards in an online final table? Obviously it's a great marketing attraction for the site, so it'd be nice if they gave us something in return. Certainly they don't have to, and, since they hold all the strings, probably won't. In any case, it seems uncharacteristic and unfair of Stars to implement this sort of thing, and it doesn't sit well with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are giving you something in return. They are guaranteeing a prize fund of 1 million dollars! Any site that is willing to put that kind of money on the line should have the right to make a relatively minor requirement like this. If someone really doesn't like it, they can simply not play. I suspect the number of players that will choose to not play because of this is less than 5, and maybe 0.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shaniac and KneeCo are exactly right on this issue. The point is that Stars is changing their policy, with respect to their largest weekly tournament, without giving the players anything in return.

It's comparable to a rake increase: if Pokerstars said, from now on this will be a $200+16 tournament instead of $200+15, then of course we as players would make our objections known -- even though Pokerstars clearly has the "right" to charge a higher rake and players have the choice to not play the tourney if they don't like it.

I would say that as compensation for showing hole cards, PokerStars should give something extra to each player at the final table, perhaps 25000 FPP or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see at all why people would get worked up over this. The Sunday Million is a goldmine, and anything they do to encourage more players helps your bottom line.