Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: kanye? 50? new chamillionaire...

Arrested Development fans would like "Industry Groupie".
Old 09-22-2007, 08:53 PM

I just bought it on your reccomendation (I do things like buy items based on opinions of complete strangers)

Great choice.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just bought it on your reccomendation (I do things like buy items based on opinions of complete strangers)

Great choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I feel like such an [censored] for saying this considering I haven't bought a CD in at least 5 years, but very nice. I mean, someone has to buy the albums for the artists to do what they do and stay around so I can listen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In all honesty, I'm glad you saw the thread, got the album, and enjoyed. Oh, and "Industry Groupie" is seriously [censored] awesome. It completely reminds me of one of those sick ass Jay-Z/Nas/Kanye songs where theres just so many metaphors/sick punchlines/whole premise of the song is dope.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 AM

Pharoahe Monch is pretty sick too. I like his new song...real good beat.

The 2 Talib albums I have are "Quality" and "The Beautiful Struggle". They came out in that order. I rather Quality, but they are both real good. He's had albums before those, but I haven't checked out much of them. I have listened to Black Star though, which is made up of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Hard to go wrong mixing 2 artists of their talent together.

I love Nas and Jay-Z. I've been listening to Jay-Z's "Blueprint" lately and pretty much anything by Nas, from "Illmatic" to "Stillmatic" and "Hip Hop Is Dead". Can't go wrong imo. I really like the song "The World Is Yours" off of Illmatic.

Papoose is also a nice artist. Charades is his best song imo. So creative.

Any Blackalicious/Gift of Gab or Hieroglyphics fans in here?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:47 AM

Quality is the best by far from what I've heard of Talib.

I've probably listented to the Black Album more than blueprint.

Stillmatic is one of my favorite CD's of all time. I went on vacation to St. Thomas / St. John's one summer and if you asked me what I remember the most about that trip, is listening to Stillmatic every single second I was awake.

From what I've heard of Blackalicious (only a few songs, the alphabet one, etc) are really good. I remember DL'ing the CD, but only ended up listening to it twice or so through and then just listening to the songs that made me get the CD in the first place.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:53 AM

"Blazing Arrow" is Blackalicious's best CD imo. Every song is good. "Chemistry Calisthenics" is a pretty sick song. It takes the alphabet idea except uses chemistry formulas and stuff.

Hiero is nice as well. Definitely worth a peep.

I think every song on "Stillmatic" is good. Can't really go wrong.

Listened to Atmosphere? Sage Francis? I don't listen to them as much, but they are some other good, talented artists.

Also, Aesop Rock is awesome. I've been listening to his stuff before he just started getting MTV promotions. His new CD sounds good, but I can't find it stores.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Great choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, I feel like such an [censored] for saying this considering I haven't bought a CD in at least 5 years, but very nice. I mean, someone has to buy the albums for the artists to do what they do and stay around so I can listen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In all honesty, I'm glad you saw the thread, got the album, and enjoyed. Oh, and "Industry Groupie" is seriously [censored] awesome. It completely reminds me of one of those sick ass Jay-Z/Nas/Kanye songs where theres just so many metaphors/sick punchlines/whole premise of the song is dope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Industry Groupie is a ridiculously good song. So glad I picked up this disc and I probably never would have if not for this thread. Thanks man.