Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (week of 4/16)

I just watched my TiVO of this, and rushed to this board to read all the posts about drunken Mike, thinking it would be like when Tilly checked the full house. And what do I find? A dry board? Disappointing.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:22 PM

I did like when Sheiky said something like "Damn its 4AM I need some steak and eggs". That sounds like something that a poker pro should write on his tombstone.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:57 AM

After watching Cunningham check the "idiot end" of the straight to Jaunda's 2 pair on the river and then hearing Sheiky only make a minor angry comment; I now have more respect for Sheiky. He also was very calm (obviously burning inside)while talking to Shana after he was eliminated.

I can't imagine Matusow not calling Cunningham and Juanda "idiots" for about 20 minutes if he was still in the game after those checks on the river occurred.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After watching Cunningham check the "idiot end" of the straight to Jaunda's 2 pair on the river and then hearing Sheiky only make a minor angry comment; I now have more respect for Sheiky.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does him continuing to be a complete ass, even in hands he is not involved in, garner more respect?

If you're saying he was justified and should've been even angrier, you don't understand how the hand played out.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 AM

Watching Juanda and Cunningham play heads-up for what essentially was 3-straight episodes (Sheikhan was dead money on the Wed. and Thurs. night shows, just waiting to bust) was probably the greatest 3 hours yet of Poker After Dark. Those guys are just incredible. You could see them feeling each other out hand after hand -- it's a shame it had to end by Juanda sucking out on a 3-outer on the river, because up until that point there was plenty of play. After that, the blinds got so high that it stopped being about poker and turned into push-bot coin flipping.

Still... amazing skill from those guys. How depressing it is to realize that I'll never be as good as Juanda or Cunninghim no matter how long I play holdem.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:18 PM

That is three hours that you saw. Blinds are 40 minutes. The last episode was just the all in hands over the last 3-4 blind levels.

For example, after sheiky got eliminated, blinds were 1-2k. Remember Juanda limping in with 1k then AC going all in and JJ said what a waste of 1k. So basically it was 1-2k, then 2-4k, 3-6k, then 4-8k. the 2-4, 3-6 were full levels. Combine the 1-2 and 4-8 for another full level...they probably played 2 hours heads up in the last 1/2 of the episode.

Not to mention when MM, BG, DB got eliminated by tuesday...they were virutally playing heads up for like hours lol.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:34 PM

Wish we could have seen more hands from those last three levels.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:06 PM

Every time I watch Allen play, I am more and more awed by his game. Great player...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After watching Cunningham check the "idiot end" of the straight to Jaunda's 2 pair on the river and then hearing Sheiky only make a minor angry comment; I now have more respect for Sheiky.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does him continuing to be a complete ass, even in hands he is not involved in, garner more respect?

If you're saying he was justified and should've been even angrier, you don't understand how the hand played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really. You wouldn't have value bet on the river with the straight? Even though Jaunda showed strength by over betting the pot on the turn and the river I would have bet out hoping Jaunda would have a set and call or even go all-in representing the 7 or 3 for the straight.

In a first place or nothing tourney and the way Jaunda was tight with his chips I would risk calling any all-in bet on the river after his initial check. If he has the 7 and beats me, so be it. Juanda bet strong until the river so he might have missed his flush draw or had a pocket pair that turned into a set. Based on Jaunda's betting pattern, Cunningham just showed timidity (one of M.Konik's favorite words) by not value betting on the end.

Cunningham was quick to call all of Juanda's bigger than the pot bets, so Cunningham should have realized that Jaunda feared him once John checked the river, but it could be that Cunningham was too tired to put himself through a possible Juanda reraise for all his chips decision.

If Juanda did have the 7,I doubt he would check it on the river. I might expect that from Freddy Deeb or another tricky player but not John.

With his quick calls, Cunningham played like he had something at least of average strength so Juanda would have bet the top straight if he had it.

It looked like both players were playing to muscle out Sheiky even though it was a winner take all tournament.

Sheiky was right to complain. It looked bad.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 PM

can sum1 post the order of emilination please?