Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: The Well: Snakekilla88

[ QUOTE ]

Could you post some examples of 2nd barreling and the situations in which do you think is correct to make this moves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($609)
Button ($641)
Hero ($695.25)
BB ($104.60)
UTG ($204.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $21</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $66</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $45.

Flop: ($138) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $96</font>, MP calls $96.

Turn: ($330) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $256</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $586

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $586. </font>
-I don’t remember my read exactly, but here is a spot where I feel like a player might have called flop light and that a 2nd barrel gets him to fold a lot of hands he might have stuck around with. Knowing when to fire the 2nd barrel is an art, but as long as a 2nd barrel will be…
- Respected (fold out worse hands that might have stuck around on flop)
- You are representing a hand that is possible for you to have. (Like to explain this better I will post hand below)

CO here is DereckCJ90, pretty solid and is not a huge NIT when it comes to 3betting.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($805)
SB ($596.60)
BB ($839.40)
Hero ($1051.90)
MP ($816)
CO ($600)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $66</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $48.

Flop: ($141) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $110</font>, Hero calls $110.

Turn: ($361) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO…
-I think if you want to avoid difficult situations you can fold preflop. Now if DerreckCJ90 bets turn here I probably will go broke. He is the type of player I would expect to check behind with AA here, so if my line of thinking is correct he is not really representing anything other then a ten if he decides to 3bet here. I don’t expect him to have many TcXh hands when I raised UTG. So only point 2nd barreling here would be pretty bad against a thinking opponent.

[ QUOTE ]
Got any fun/interesting hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Some people don’t like this hand, but more I look at it the more I don’t mind it but cc river will definitely lead to a better situation. Villain is MrTeddyKGB.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

BB ($830.25)
Hero ($1645.75)
MP ($537)
Button ($1001)
SB ($705.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $18, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $34</font>, Button calls $34.
Given the speed in which he called flop it indicated to me he had a good but not great hand. (Quick call a lot of time can indicate a good but not great hand, that cant raise but doesn’t want to fold so his only real option is call.). So I defenitely still feel like im trailing the hand. I plan on betting the turn.
Turn: ($113) 3 (2 players)
Turn: ($113) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $88</font>, Button calls $88.
The 3, should not have helped him at all.. At this point I am pretty confident that he has a weaker ace then me. On turn I have the right table image right now to bet this and get called by worse.

River: ($289) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $166</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $861</font>, Hero calls $695.
On river its hard to think he ever does this with a set, two pair etc. I'd think sets and two pair should of raised on earlier streets. So this is usually the 5 or nothing. The main reason I called is this looks like a good situation for him to bluff. He had a hand that wanted to go to showdown, but realizes he is probally beat so bluffs on a scary board
Final Pot: $2011

Heres my most whackiest hand I think I ever played. No use in explaining the history, but its just a cool hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (2 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($594)
BB ($811.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, BB calls $12.

Flop: ($36) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $78</font>, Hero calls $33.

Turn: ($192) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $498</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $990

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $990. </font>
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 PM

hu for bankrolls? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

seriously, you seem to have won very consistently since moving to cash game play. i assume you must have very good tilt control. thoughts on avoiding/controlling tilt?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:32 PM

Thanks for doing this. I will see if I can think of any good questions.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $18, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($45) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $34</font>, Button calls $34.
Given the speed in which he called flop it indicated to me he had a good but not great hand. (Quick call a lot of time can indicate a good but not great hand, that cant raise but doesn’t want to fold so his only real option is call.). So I defenitely still feel like im trailing the hand. I plan on betting the turn.
Turn: ($113) 3 (2 players)
Turn: ($113) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $88</font>, Button calls $88.
The 3, should not have helped him at all.. At this point I am pretty confident that he has a weaker ace then me. On turn I have the right table image right now to bet this and get called by worse. I'd think sets and two pair should of raised on earlier streets

<font color="green"> why do you think he should have raised a set or 2 pair on this flop?

What A-x hands do you think he ccs OTB to your UTG raise</font>
Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey snakekilla do you have any favorite fish that actually resemble "baby shark's" more so than actual fish? if so, how much money would you say they have padded your roll with?

i was also wondering if you hit it really big and start making sick cash(not that you aren't making sick cash right now - i'm talking like 6 figure months or even weeks or days), would your parents then maybe approve poker? or is it just the principal of gambling online that turns them off?

gl at the tables buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol! Yeah, props to you for finding that personal ATM machine, but he refuses to play cash games anymore. I had a nice run though, somewhere between +5-7k probably off him.

If I was having 6 figure months, then yeah they would probably approve [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. If I told them I wanted to be a professional poker player and dropped out of college, I am sure they would eventually get over it. I am not on my parents chain or anything, since I already manage to play a lot of poker despite their disapproval but I try not to mention anything poker related to them.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you think he should have raised a set or 2 pair on this flop?
What A-x hands do you think he ccs OTB to your UTG raise

[/ QUOTE ]
An Ax type hand I am beating based on his quick timing on the call. Pretty sure Teddy 3bets AQ+ preflop so most likely Ax where x is lower then jack. I know my comments said he should have raised on earlier streets but I meant before the river, since he is still capable of calling this flop with two pair or set but I doubt he gets to river with two pair and set and value overbet pushes.

[ QUOTE ]
1 bday date?

2 w/r @ 200nl over # of hands?

3 longest breakeven?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. May 5
2. I have reformatted my computer a couple of times so I cant give you exact numbers, I have probably played close to 150k hands somewhere between 4 and 5 in a 2-3 month span.
3. Longest was probally over like 40k hands and it killed my winrate and made me want to cry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I wasn’t playing great, but it was a sick stretch and hard to stomach.

Going out to dinner, be back later.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pic?

[/ QUOTE ]
I will take one tommorow.

[/ QUOTE ]

major bump.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the members who is now boomshakalaka now on 2p2 said he probably would and that I should wait a few hours and he ended up just wasting my time with me the whole night and never gave me a dime &amp;#61516;.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you heard about me
But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me
No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see
That I'm a [censored] P-I-M-P
Old 11-01-2007, 05:27 AM

FTR SN?
Sounds like you arrived into poker when i did only via the American route, me being a eurowhore and watnot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 AM

biggest pot ever won?