Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Micro Stakes Limit Holdem (almost dissertation)

[ QUOTE ]
It also vindicates the perception of quite a few people here that a new type of player has emerged and we need a conter-weapon

[/ QUOTE ]

Remy, I understand where you are coming from and yes, I people arent going to argue that the games have changed. They have LDO. I assume you are treating these changes as a catalyst to getting better at poker.

The thing is, which I believe Ive already tried to make or at least to ellude to is, that you need to adapt BUT you need to do it the RIGHT way. Too many people adjust the wrong way and make it worse... eg LRR AKs its a drawing hand WTF???.

The tone of your OP suggests that you are searching for adjustments but are very likely adjusting too much and in the wrong spots. Yes, I realise this is quite a vague comment but so is much of this thread. Or maybe you and others are partially the victims of variance. FWIW when the games get tougher and "easy money" is harder to come by then of course there will be more rough times as our payoff hands get less payoff. Such is life.

Im hesitant to make general statements but I will say this...I do think that most adjustments we need to make to beat these newer breed of tougher players should be made POSTFLOP. Also I think that you need to have clear reasons for making them. IMHO most "did I play this right?" hand posts that have FPS get shot to bits because the reasons WHY the OP pulled on his fancy pants where off the ball or just not clear/logical/required.

From what Im seeing these days (either on the forum or at the tables) I think that basically people try and pull too many moves too often whereas for me you should just try and play solid poker with some variation.

so hang in there and be careful..."if it aint broke, dont fix it"

ozi
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Im hesitant to make general statements but I will say this...I do think that most adjustments we need to make to beat these newer breed of tougher players should be made POSTFLOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree with this. My plan is to raise just as much as I do preflop, but make only subtle and minor corrections against certain players postflop.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 AM

lol.. just looked at my 6-max stats.. I'm 28/18/2.15.

omg, does that make me a slag? or is that just if I played that at full ring?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In 6m that makes u look like a TAG that prolly limps (or coldcalls)* a little too much in comparison to raising (this would tend to mean ur playing in some soft games where ppl are open-limping a lot).

*not actually saying you open limp or cold call.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:19 AM

Fine for 6-max, I guess [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
In FR I'd be jotting down notes on your SLAGGy a$$ real fast [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually, your AF is too low to be a SLAG. Get over well over 3 and we'll talk. PFR is also too high for FR SLAG.

My FR stats ~ 18/6/2.2 = TAGGy a$$
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In 6m that makes u look like a TAG that prolly limps (or coldcalls)* a little too much in comparison to raising (this would tend to mean ur playing in some soft games where ppl are open-limping a lot).

*not actually saying you open limp or cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

My stats are always 29/19, the high VPIP also correlates with feisty blind defense.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My FR stats ~ 18/6/2.2[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remy, your PFR %age isnt great.....you dont raise enough preflop which could explain why people always fold when u raise. seriously.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:50 AM

It's cumulative stats, soooo many hands from the old loose-passive days (myself being loose-passive). I've been raising and stealing much more in the past months. I believe I'm around 8-9 lately.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:09 AM

meh and sigh. oldstataments.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's cumulative stats, soooo many hands from the old loose-passive days (myself being loose-passive). I've been raising and stealing much more in the past months. I believe I'm around 8-9 lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think that's low. The "old numbers" I used were 16/8 -> 18/10 -> 20/12. The reason these numbers are "old" is because I haven't played FR in quite a while, and I don't know how much things have changed. However, the information I pick up from reading posts seems to indicate that you should be opening up more preflop to take advantage of the preflop-chart-reading players, so maybe 16/10 -> 18/11 -> 20/13 might actually be better.