Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: About the forums.

I've noticed that Mike Haven is a pretty frequent ATF poster. This is arguably the best forum on 2+2 (the General Texas Hold'em forum might have a small edge). That said, I think more of a feeling of community would help the forum grow.

Long story short, I'd like to see an "Ask Mike Haven" thread. If you are to shy to do it I would be willing to make an "Ask edfurlong About Mike Haven" thread, but that seems a little silly.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 AM

I would agree that ATF is the best forum here. It has an inherently valuable purpose, and always contains interesting material both from the individual forum's "core members", (tuq, to name but one), and from the "Moaning Minnie" visitors who fly in in a tizz, [cue albatross photos, please, Sniper], drop their load, are placated, and then fly off into the sunset, once again happy with life. Nothing is as pleasurable, I'm certain, as they closedown in the evening, for all the regulars to know that they have helped soothe a furrowed brow that day, and that somewhere in the world another person is smiling instead of scowling as they 'phone out for pizza.

To be honest, it reminds me of the early days of Twoplustwo, twenty or thirty years ago, when the Zoo was it, and there were only as many members of the whole caboosh as there are of ATF. Not to be too nostalgic, but thinking of those days, and the fun and banter between the likes of Dynasty and Vincent Lepore fair brings a tear to my eye. I'm not one to shout, "Bring back the whip!", but, really, you young'ns don't know what it's like to be punched in the nose by your teachers.

As for an "Ask" thread, much as I feel honoured by your suggestion, whether it was direct or via yourself, there would be so little truth in any of the answers that you'd start thinking Neteller ain't so bad after all.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:47 AM

Think you're tone deaf?

Fantastic online test in this (O/T) AIW thread.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would agree that ATF is the best forum here. It has an inherently valuable purpose, and always contains interesting material both from the individual forum's "core members", (tuq, to name but one), and from the "Moaning Minnie" visitors who fly in in a tizz, [cue albatross photos, please, Sniper], drop their load, are placated, and then fly off into the sunset, once again happy with life. Nothing is as pleasurable, I'm certain, as they closedown in the evening, for all the regulars to know that they have helped soothe a furrowed brow that day, and that somewhere in the world another person is smiling instead of scowling as they 'phone out for pizza.

To be honest, it reminds me of the early days of Twoplustwo, twenty or thirty years ago, when the Zoo was it, and there were only as many members of the whole caboosh as there are of ATF. Not to be too nostalgic, but thinking of those days, and the fun and banter between the likes of Dynasty and Vincent Lepore fair brings a tear to my eye. I'm not one to shout, "Bring back the whip!", but, really, you young'ns don't know what it's like to be punched in the nose by your teachers.

As for an "Ask" thread, much as I feel honoured by your suggestion, whether it was direct or via yourself, there would be so little truth in any of the answers that you'd start thinking Neteller ain't so bad after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

You're right.....It really is too bad that so many of the posters here never got an opportunity to experience 2+2 in the 'old days', as they would have so much of a better idea of what this site was really about and how it got to where it is.

When the Internet Forum was truly the "Zoo" and Granny, Lori and many of the other legacy posters were active was a special time, and I miss it and continue to hope that the site will somehow gravitate back to some of those values.

The pure beauty of 2+2 back then was it's free-flowing, no-holds-barred approach to posting.

As it's grown larger, and there has been an active attempt to "manage" it's content, it has lost much of its' spontaneity, and IMO, it's inherent value.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 PM

Mike - with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?
Old 02-02-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know his* work, but I'll certainly keep your kind suggestion in mind for when we overtake BBV in the rankings.

*or her
Old 02-02-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with ATF's increasing popularity, you may want to bring in another mod to help handle the traffic. May I suggest jman220?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know his* work, but I'll certainly keep your kind suggestion in mind for when we overtake BBV in the rankings.

*or her

[/ QUOTE ]

....sounds like a reasonable qualifier to me, although I might be a bit more comfortable with.......

....when a squadron of winged monkeys make an orderly exit from the Queen's [censored].

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*or her

[/ QUOTE ]

....sounds like a reasonable qualifier to me, although I might be a bit more comfortable with.......

....when a squadron of winged monkeys make an orderly exit from the Queen's [censored].

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

goldurnit Mike!!

Now you've gone and complicated it all by changing my qualifier from his Holiless to the Queenie!

Do you see why?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM

For the pleasure of 2+2ers with lots of life experience (and maybe miles on the clock, maybe not):

A different kind of trip report

And its follow up

These two are probably two of the best starting posts ever in the Lounge.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:30 AM

Some brilliant work in THE OFFICIAL Ms Paint Round 2A THREAD.