Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul on CNN at 7EST tonite (5/16)

Good god, i know that Ron Paul didn't pause that lone mid-sentence, but it was CLEAR as hell that he was talking about two different time-frames with respect to American Foreign policy, 9/11 and Iraq.

It was sad to see Rudy go for the no-meaning emotional pander and have the audience eat it up. Reminds me of a certain Family Guy episode where Lois is running for mayor and wins the vote by answering every question with: 'nine eleven'.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me just add that if the media were biased against Ron Paul, I would say that is a good thing. When I read an MSM source, I want to hear about the most important stories. Since Ron Paul has no shot, he is not an important story.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a whole, maybe you right, but on individual basis i think you just need to look at the hatchet job they're doing to Paul to see exactly how biased news media can be.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course! Let the cries of racism and anti-semitism begin!

I notice you don't link to the actual statements by Ron Paul, only to people who use the cherry-picking out-of-context meaning-distorting quote-mining techniques of creationists.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I said was that this is the type of thing that the media are going to focus on if he gains any traction. If those quotes are bogus or taken completely out of context, then he won't have quite as much to worry about, obviously.

However, if Ron Paul actually belives that 95% of black men in Washington D.C. are "semi-criminal or entirely crimnal" then he deserves the critcism. That is really an absurd statement that he should explain.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 PM

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/...st=newsmichigan

"COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The chairman of the Michigan Republican Party said Wednesday that he will try to bar Ron Paul from future GOP presidential debates because of remarks the Texas congressman made that suggested the Sept. 11 attacks were the fault of U.S. foreign policy."

GOP Thought Police FTW!

But remember, it's those dastardly liberals who embrace political correctness.

"But DVaut1, the Republican party doesn't have to tolerate anyone it doesn't want in its debates!". Granted. But this sure does reek of "Ron Paul will be barred from future GOP presidential debates for crimethink."
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 PM

How does any thinking person not realize that 9/11 is a direct result of US foreign policy? Is everyone (excluding R. Paul) in the GOP an idiot?

Why do they think that there have been no big terrorist campaigns against Canada, Mexico, <insert_non_US_country_here>?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course! Let the cries of racism and anti-semitism begin!

I notice you don't link to the actual statements by Ron Paul, only to people who use the cherry-picking out-of-context meaning-distorting quote-mining techniques of creationists.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I said was that this is the type of thing that the media are going to focus on if he gains any traction. If those quotes are bogus or taken completely out of context, then he won't have quite as much to worry about, obviously.

However, if Ron Paul actually belives that 95% of black men in Washington D.C. are "semi-criminal or entirely crimnal" then he deserves the critcism. That is really an absurd statement that he should explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he did. In the newsletter that you didn't link to, and that your sources only cherry-picked from.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he did. In the newsletter that you didn't link to, and that your sources only cherry-picked from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched but couldn't find his original newsletter. Apparently you think I am intentionally not linking to it because I want to smear Ron Paul. Dude, I couldn't find it in the search I did. If you could, please link to it.

I think you are in denial. Because you worship the guy you are willing to assume that any critism is "cherry-picked" and out of context.

I like Ron Paul and am glad he is allowed his say in the debates to provide alternative points of view. However, I am guessing the quotes attributed to him are genuine. I am willing to bet on it. If those are all fabricated, I will donate a large sum to the charity of your choice.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does any thinking person not realize that 9/11 is a direct result of US foreign policy? Is everyone (excluding R. Paul) in the GOP an idiot?

Why do they think that there have been no big terrorist campaigns against Canada, Mexico, <insert_non_US_country_here>?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hit Canada? Why hit Mexico? Why hit anywhere when you can attack the beacon of Freedom in the world, the country that represents democracy and equality, the United States of America. It's a much more powerful message to attack the symbol of freedom in the world.

(That's just a POSSIBLE reason, could also have to do with foreign policy)
Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

This DailyKos diary entry by PHenry (which I came across in a Google search for background on these quotes, I swear!) provides some useful information on the context of some of Paul's more controversial quotes, and why primary sources are (thus-far) hard to come by.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This DailyKos diary entry by PHenry (which I came across in a Google search for background on these quotes, I swear!) provides some useful information on the context of some of Paul's more controversial quotes, and why primary sources are (thus-far) hard to come by.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read the same thing and was going to link to it. As you said, this explains why I couldn't find a direct link to Ron Paul's report. Apparently he won't release his past reports, and there are very few in the hands of anyone but his supporters. So Borodog, if you are concerned about people taking quotes out of context or cherry picking his words, please ask Ron Paul to release all his old reports so we can see for ourselves.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I searched but couldn't find his original newsletter. Apparently you think I am intentionally not linking to it because I want to smear Ron Paul. Dude, I couldn't find it in the search I did. If you could, please link to it.

I think you are in denial. Because you worship the guy you are willing to assume that any critism is "cherry-picked" and out of context.

I like Ron Paul and am glad he is allowed his say in the debates to provide alternative points of view. However, I am guessing the quotes attributed to him are genuine. I am willing to bet on it. If those are all fabricated, I will donate a large sum to the charity of your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't worship the guy. For one thing, he's a politician. For another, he believes in the magical power of the Constitution, a document that I believe is a blueprint for infinite government.

For the record, this is the article, which Paul claims was written by a staffer and not himself:

http://groups.google.com/group/soc.c...668bd3662b0fa5

I haven't had a chance to read it.