Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Best/Worst Date ideas and experiences

[ QUOTE ]

nlsoldier and i had been together for 2 days and he got me cirque de soleil tickets and put them in the arms of a stuffed animal. i think this would also be appropriate for a slightly longer but not too serious relationship (even though he was already hooked for life by then)

[/ QUOTE ]

were you guys friends or did you know each other beforehand? if you didn't, this seems like it would be crazy soon after like 1 date...
Old 02-06-2007, 08:53 AM

I'm on the road this month, so Valentine's Day will be spent in Houston. The interesting part is that I do know plenty enough people there, obviously, from my time living there. The question is, how easy would it be to get laid, and would this be best accomplished by going to a bar and picking up singles, or by calling a couple of girls I know who happen to be single at this point in time?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

nlsoldier and i had been together for 2 days and he got me cirque de soleil tickets and put them in the arms of a stuffed animal. i think this would also be appropriate for a slightly longer but not too serious relationship (even though he was already hooked for life by then)

[/ QUOTE ]

were you guys friends or did you know each other beforehand? if you didn't, this seems like it would be crazy soon after like 1 date...

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe we hadn't even met a week before. it was crazyyyyy, but clearly it worked, cause that was almost a year ago!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm on the road this month, so Valentine's Day will be spent in Houston. The interesting part is that I do know plenty enough people there, obviously, from my time living there. The question is, how easy would it be to get laid, and would this be best accomplished by going to a bar and picking up singles, or by calling a couple of girls I know who happen to be single at this point in time?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it wouldn't be that hard to do either way, but if you have a girl in mind that's single i think you should ask her out. girls like to be asked out, and especially don't want to be alone on vday, so you might as well pick a good one in advance rather than just try your luck at a bar (which as an aside won't be too hard because the single girls will probably be feeling a little insecure).

tc
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 PM

this seems to be as good as any other place to ask this, so here it goes...

girl i always had a thing for in high school (but if i was single, she was in a relationship and vice versa) is now single (has been for a while) and has gotten back in touch with me in the last month or so through facebook and whatnot. do i ask her out for vday? while we are pretty familiar with each other, it would pretty much be our first date. thoughts?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:06 PM

raptor,

aw, your best dates are with daliman! jk, but i totally agree about early dates needing activities. if you don't know the girl so well, at least you could be like, bowling, or whatever when she's talking about how boring she is.

nath,

if you go to a bar, you will probably be able to find a chick to nail. if you have a particular girl in mind, you should ask, and soon.

kkc,

ask her out. if she says yes, then discuss day. it could be your 2nd date by vday if you get moving soon, or you could just arrange (comedicly if necessary) to make your 1st date on vday.

on fondue,

fondue sucks. it's supposed to rule, but really, fondue joints suck. mostly because all the "good" fondue places actually are like, overproduced crap. also, fondue main dishes are usually mediocre at best. fondue desserts however, rule. knowing a few good restaurants in your city that have good fondue desserts is super clutch, because then you can eat good food and have fondue for dessert. (in chicago, frasca and bin 36 are a couple of such places.)

c
Old 02-06-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your sole objective is to get laid, then going to bars on V Day is the way to go AINEC. If you have game or a good personality, this is basically a sure thing. My friends that are chicks always go to bars on V Day if they aren't seeing anyone. They are depressed and just looking to meet someone so they won't be alone next year. I have tried telling them that it's a bad idea bc dicks like me will pick up on it and close the deal.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that valentines day is just like omaha 8 or better--people who try to get too fancy with it are wasting their time.

Stick to the basics--roses, chocolate covered strawberries from godiva, nice quiet dinner with a view.

Tay, I suggest that you take her home after dinner, and demand she wrap herself in festive green plastic wrap. Get the video tape rolling, bend her over a chair while tearing away the green plastic and become the next internet celebrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd like 5 different times

[/ QUOTE ]

poty
Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 PM

This reminds me of that V day in HS where my friend drove me around and I held up a sign saying I had no valentine or something and would she be mine. It actually sorta almost worked....and then I accidentally showed it to a fat girl and our experiment quickly ended soon after, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 02-06-2007, 07:54 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

aquarium ftw.