Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Collusion in canterbury 30/60 game?

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, sometimes I play horrendous poker... we've addresed that, thanks. But you know what else... I can't shoot a free-throw to save my life. But everytime Kobe, Shaq, or Walton chucks one up... I can tell you with about 99% accuracy whether or not it's going in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a horrible analogy.

It would be better to say that while watching basketball, you see nothing wrong with throwing up a 1/2 court shot, as typically the shot is uncontested.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, sometimes I play horrendous poker... we've addresed that, thanks. But you know what else... I can't shoot a free-throw to save my life. But everytime Kobe, Shaq, or Walton chucks one up... I can tell you with about 99% accuracy whether or not it's going in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of liked it...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of liked it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make a challange if somebody really thinks they can predict Shaq's success with 99% accuracy. No way.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of liked it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make a challange if somebody really thinks they can predict Shaq's success with 99% accuracy. No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant make any sense out of the analogy.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 PM

this is retarded. you played in the game for 4 hours. you don't know enough about the game/players/style of play to even comment.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of liked it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine why, it doesn't even come close to making your point for you, plus its absurd on its face. You most certainly could NOT predict it that well. But that isn't the point. What PBob is saying is that you DEMONSTRABLY suck at a specific skill, and that skill is "paying attention to what is going on at a LHE table and making rational sense out of it." The evidence for this is the stupid plays you made. He is then saying that, since you DEMONSTRABLY suck at this skill, it is thus IMPOSSIBLE for you to detect collusion of the type you are talking about. You may be right, there may be collusion, but it is purely coincidence that you stumbled upon it. You simply do not have the skill necessary to pick it up. If you did, you could not possibly limp K6o in that spot after as many years and hours of LHE experience as you've accrued.

But you might be able to shuffle some chips. Thats pretty analogous to your silly free throw trick.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:03 AM

I don't personally know anyone at the CP 15 or 30 game that colludes, but I have sat in games with a bunch of unknowns that were definately TRYING to collude... miserably. I don't even care if people collude doesn't bother me. But it definately happens in every established poker room, and considering that CP is as large as it is... not that outrageous to come to the conclusion it happens there too. If you can't spot obvious collusion you shouldn't be playing poker anyways.