Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Play poker for a living? Doubt it. A great hobby to have though.

[ QUOTE ]
The best is when he points out SBrugby winn9ng 3 mill and losing 2 mill, im okay at math, i think thats up one million..not too bad. People need to realize, that as a skill game, some have it, some dont. Some are bad, some okay, some good, some great! Thats how it is...admit it to yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games he's playing can certainly be beaten, and for a lot more bb/100 than Brian Townsend can beat the nosebleed stakes for. That kind of variance is insane. No reason why a good player can't destroy NL25 for rediculous rates longterm.

Also, I'm still not sure what game OP is playing, FR NL25 one second, then 2/4 LHE the next.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 PM

RIGGED
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 PM

must be that 'variance' that's keepin everyone down...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its great that you've got the courage to quit because you arent happy how things are going (im being totally serious). So many people just end up as degen rakeback grinding losers because they cant admit to themselves that poker isnt for them. kudos for not being one of these people. Good luck in your future endeavors and I actually envy the enjoyment you will get from playing poker simply as a hobby

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for being considerate. I wish I could be breaking-even and a "grinding for rakeback" loser. What kind of person do you need to become in order for poker to be for me? I really would like to make a living at it.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:14 AM

You just have to be a consistent winner, but even then the swings are ridiculous. You can tell from your comments you are very inexperienced at the game. Your jumping from bonuses, to NL, to limit. You dont seem to grasp that poker is ALL about wins and losses. Nobody wins every day...its just that the days we win add up to more than the days we lose. 600 bucks? thats nothing, but you cant go from NL to 2/4 limit and expect to win right away. Even experienced players are rusty when they come back....
Play for fun...life is stressful enough...if losing 600 bucks in two days hurts, forget about playing for a living....you could have losing weeks or months. But, the idea is the wins and losses should balance out if your good nad youl just break even. If you're a great player, you'll come out ahead. If poker was beatable by anybody and everybody, nobody could win.
BTW, I dont play for a living, but i do play as my part time job...been doing it for 11 months, and Ive had 3 of those months Ive finished down!!! Thats just how it goes!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Op can you clarify this for me:

"After lots 6 months I built my br to about playing NL25 and NL50 to around $1,200 but started having variance at NL50 and NL100 so I was unable to achieve any significant profits and my bankroll got stuck"

ARe you saying it took you 6 months playing 6/hrs a day to build a roll for 50nl, playing 25nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the kind of arrogant claims that I cant stand about the guys on 2+2. As far as I know it took Chris Ferguson (with 5 fakin bracelets) more than that to get to $1500 so I fak off. http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge
Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Op can you clarify this for me:

"After lots 6 months I built my br to about playing NL25 and NL50 to around $1,200 but started having variance at NL50 and NL100 so I was unable to achieve any significant profits and my bankroll got stuck"

ARe you saying it took you 6 months playing 6/hrs a day to build a roll for 50nl, playing 25nl?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the kind of arrogant claims that I cant stand about the guys on 2+2. As far as I know it took Chris Ferguson (with 5 fakin bracelets) more than that to get to $1500 so I fak off. http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge

[/ QUOTE ]

He had A LOT less to work with. You're comparing apples and penguins. This is another sign of your less-than-basic understanding of the game.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so if I can play 10 hours a day

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that like more hours than a "real" job? And any decent profession will gross you more than 4k a month anyways.

This is a funny post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another ignorant and arrogant claim from the gods of poker. Correct me if I am wrong, but Leatherass (stoxpoker blogger) built his bankroll and makes most of his profits doing just that. http://www.stoxpoker.com/contributor-biographies. Go read about it and then eat a bag of shet.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at sbrugby, the best online player today, won 3 million this year and lost 2 million..

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] OP fails to grasp the simple mathematics requisite to beating online poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go tell that to Sbrugby
Old 10-11-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it took you 6 months to build up a to a 1200 roll? and i thought i sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/chris-ferguson-challenge