Old 02-08-2007, 07:45 AM

Default Re: The Well: B00T

Poste delited by Ratamahatta.

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try playing the non Pinny side of an arb for like $100 bucks or whatever until you become Canadian (full trip report on how you accomplish this please) and maybe you'll get an idea on what you're missing without worrying about the variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I'm doing now. 6-3 last night, so I'm clearly a long-term 60%+ winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

real men go 7-2, i don't think you can hack it
Old 02-08-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b00t,

gonna pay attention in 2p2 keeper this year?

bug

[/ QUOTE ]

An honest answer.... Nope.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:14 PM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything

[ QUOTE ]
until you become Canadian (full trip report on how you accomplish this please)

[/ QUOTE ]

are you actually planning this? the rx people made it sound like more trouble than it seemed at face value, but then again pinny pulling out was good for most of their bankrolls.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM

not until i get multiple trustworthy people posting here or fezzik's place about how it's done and that it is fairly easy and without any major legal pitfalls, in other words not [censored] likely. an easy, safe, quick money transfer system is far more important to me than pinnacle, that's the main reason I'd do it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:35 PM

did you begin drinking heavily when pinnacle pulled out of the market? i guess your real estate assets and other businesses give you solid backing, but it sounds like your primary occupation for 2006 was crushed that night. i am surprised you are only now beginning to think about methods other than arbitrage for exploiting soft lines?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did you begin drinking heavily when pinnacle pulled out of the market? i guess your real estate assets and other businesses give you solid backing, but it sounds like your primary occupation for 2006 was crushed that night. i am surprised you are only now beginning to think about methods other than arbitrage for exploiting soft lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying it was an awful day, was the understatement of the year. I bowled the worst I bowled all year (whatever Thursday, 1/11? I have some other streams of income, but nothing near what it once was.

I guess that coincides with your other question. I never thought about it in the sense of formulating a plan to do it. I never had a reason to. I was perfectly content with the amount of money I was making with scalping.

Scalping takes plenty of time as is. The opportunity cost for me just isn't worth it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not until i get multiple trustworthy people posting here or fezzik's place about how it's done and that it is fairly easy and without any major legal pitfalls, in other words not [censored] likely. an easy, safe, quick money transfer system is far more important to me than pinnacle, that's the main reason I'd do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The establishing of foriegn residency is a shaky topic around here. People have done it, people are in the process of doing it. That much is fact. I am not at liberty to discuss this, much less on a public forum as to a step-by-step guide.

Passports take forever to arrive, that is all I am willing to say on the subject for the time being. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 PM

From what I have read you seem to be mostly involved in scalping lines and the sort but do you think it is possible to turn a good profit by betting moneyline favorites all the time? I know you would have to risk a lot to win a little amount but for something like NBA games with a spread over 10 points could this be done-Games like that the favorite is almost always going to win
Old 02-08-2007, 09:53 PM

you never know unless you try.