Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Well, I am still at the strugling with Wes Montgomery stage in a guitarist development ... hehe [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

welcome to the good side

[/ QUOTE ]

So hows SSNL coming along Jonyy ??

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't ask me but I'm running over 10ptbb/100 at NL50 over 7k hands since I have started my experiment. And I feel that I ran average cards-wise. (just a few set-under-sets and only 2 KK<AA and AA<KK situations.)
Old 08-22-2007, 07:45 PM

That is cool ... even if the sample is meaningless [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PSA: For anybody that's moving up to NL100

I think one of the biggest things I'm noticing is that there are people who will constantly call your raises if you're the CO and they're the BTN. People are much more positionally aware and play better postflop.

What I'm trying to say is, if you plan on raising, have a plan for the hand before the flop, not after it.

Also, don't play in a vacuum. Don't say to yourself "oh this is in my range, I have to raise it." Probably some of the most robotic talk I've ever heard. Don't be static, BE DYNAMIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition johnny, at NL100 and NL200 people mess with your cbets a lot more when you're in the CO or the BTN. One other thing that I've been struggling with (and exploiting other TAGs with the same problem) was that my IP coldcalling range for preflop was exclusively suited connectors and medium-small pocket pairs. This range makes handreading sooooo easy for the preflop raiser and adjusting it is a must to succeed. Still haven't figured out the best way to do it though.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think one of the biggest things I'm noticing is that there are people who will constantly call your raises if you're the CO and they're the BTN. People are much more positionally aware and play better postflop.

What I'm trying to say is, if you plan on raising, have a plan for the hand before the flop, not after it.

Also, don't play in a vacuum. Don't say to yourself "oh this is in my range, I have to raise it." Probably some of the most robotic talk I've ever heard. Don't be static, BE DYNAMIC.

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition johnny, at NL100 and NL200 people mess with your cbets a lot more when you're in the CO or the BTN. One other thing that I've been struggling with (and exploiting other TAGs with the same problem) was that my IP coldcalling range for preflop was exclusively suited connectors and medium-small pocket pairs. This range makes handreading sooooo easy for the preflop raiser and adjusting it is a must to succeed. Still haven't figured out the best way to do it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold call less (and/or add a few AK/AQ calls) ???
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM

I don't cold call much, I like to be in control, haha.

The type of people I like to mess with are people that cbet 90%, so much free $$$$. Float flop, they check turn, we bet, thanks for moniez robot
Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calling AK IP
Old 08-22-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i vote sunny mehta should never have a sticky. their extremely long username is tearing up the forum

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....sorry bud....I used to just be "coltrane", but had to change it to my real name once I wrote the book for 2p2 (and me being sentimental I didn't want to drop the old school user name)....although, maybe I should've just been on the cover of PNL as "coltrane"..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you play like him ? (and will there be a tribute record from you too like Pat Martino's Think Tank ?

[/ QUOTE ]

or John McLaughlin's "After The Rain"..... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna play like Archie Shepp, but I'm not even at Cannonball Adderley yet. As for Coltrane, lol.

Trig: Imagine beautiful, faultless, tilt-free, spew-free 19/15. It should be very possible to play a really, really controlled and profitable game at that point.

This last few weeks I've been obsessed with a specific element of a 19/15 type game: focusing intensely on cutting out the losses, because playing this style, the wins should take care of themselves.

Dumb calls, silly bluffs, hopeless 2 barrels, tilt, playing when tired and other miscellaneous silly things - these ruin a great TAG game. Throw in a focus on vb'ing villains to death, and I honestly think this should carry one beyond 100NL (as Neilsio's vid showed).
Old 08-22-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calling AK IP

[/ QUOTE ]

cold-call less if you have to call with AK to balance, like 3-bet Scs with your AK to balance them.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:14 PM

ohoh, here it goes

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($170.75)
SB ($119.15)
BB ($112.05)
UTG ($100)
Hero ($103.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($8.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($18.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, Button calls $20.

River: ($78.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $64.65 (All-In)</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $13.85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac 6c (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $143.15. </font>
Closed Thread