Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxim Afinogenov? Otherwise not bad, although the duck hunt and roasted duck jokes are far from original.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxim Afinogenov? Otherwise not bad, although the duck hunt and roasted duck jokes are far from original.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was sent to me by a friend, thought I would pass it along. Agreed on the last part (I went to the University of Oregon so I'm plenty used to it).
Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 PM

The face-off between the hockey clubs from New York State’s No. 1 and No. 2 cities set the stage Monday for a possible friendly wager between Mayors Byron W. Brown of Buffalo and Michael R. Bloomberg of New York City. But when Brown’s office called to set one up, Bloomberg’s office declined. “I hope Mayor Bloomberg’s reluctance to wage a bet is not a sign of his lack of confidence in the Rangers’ chances against the Sabres,” Brown said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/101/story/60585.html

Lame!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The face-off between the hockey clubs from New York State’s No. 1 and No. 2 cities set the stage Monday for a possible friendly wager between Mayors Byron W. Brown of Buffalo and Michael R. Bloomberg of New York City. But when Brown’s office called to set one up, Bloomberg’s office declined. “I hope Mayor Bloomberg’s reluctance to wage a bet is not a sign of his lack of confidence in the Rangers’ chances against the Sabres,” Brown said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/101/story/60585.html

Lame!

[/ QUOTE ]

bloomberg didn't get rich making bad bets
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Anyone know the name of that Irish song they play before the Sabres go on the power play? it was the same some people talked about in the sopranos thread. They played it in the Cleaver episode.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:11 PM

You guys are being a little drastic to all say Ducks in 5. Vancouver matched up against Dallas in a way no other teams in the first round did. It was like matching the exact same team up. Vancouver will be a lot more successful in certain areas against the Ducks than they were against Dallas. I'm really pulling for a Canucks win in 7 or 6, though this is by far the toughest team for VAN to play against in the Western Conference. They can hang with the Sharks and Wings, but the Ducks are pretty sick, IMO.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Dammit, looks like Buffalo have woken up.

As a Sen's fan, I do not like this at all.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM

Sabres are playing easily their best game of the playoffs. I dont think I've seen them play this well since they started the season with that long unbeaten streak.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sabres are playing easily their best game of the playoffs. I dont think I've seen them play this well since they started the season with that long unbeaten streak.

[/ QUOTE ]

they're not even playing that well - that's the scary part. they just played rope a dope with the Rangers, made some bad plays, but drew a ton of power plays and finally started dominating.

they remind me way too much of the 2001 devils - almost too good.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are being a little drastic to all say Ducks in 5. Vancouver matched up against Dallas in a way no other teams in the first round did. It was like matching the exact same team up. Vancouver will be a lot more successful in certain areas against the Ducks than they were against Dallas. I'm really pulling for a Canucks win in 7 or 6, though this is by far the toughest team for VAN to play against in the Western Conference. They can hang with the Sharks and Wings, but the Ducks are pretty sick, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only place that the Canucks have an edge is in goaltending and with Giguere's playoff history that's minimal at best.

Offense - Ducks
Defense - Ducks
Powerplay - Ducks
Penalty Kill - Ducks
Physical Play - Ducks
Current Team Health - Ducks

I could probably go on for awhile longer. With the injuries the Canucks have tonight (Salo, Bieksa, and morre) and the 1 day rest, the Canucks are going to get slaughtered tonight.