Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/29

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, all of them? I thought they only had last week's episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately all of them, plus, I believe you can also watch them with "commentary" turned on too, but I haven't checked that out yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually took most of them off last week for some reason. Now it's only Episode 1 and Episodes 15+.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 PM

Dammit. DVR variance means I got 24 and DwtS instead of the first part of DwtS, 24, AND Heroes. I guess I'll have to catch the show I most wanted to watch tomorrow on a smaller screen. Anyway, Dancing with Wookie update coming in a bit.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, all of them? I thought they only had last week's episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately all of them, plus, I believe you can also watch them with "commentary" turned on too, but I haven't checked that out yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually took most of them off last week for some reason. Now it's only Episode 1 and Episodes 15+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, you could access the other episodes earler today... I doublechecked when I posted. There was an option to select episode groupings where it now says when the latest episode will be up. Maybe it will go back to that after the latest is available.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Last night's episode was very good, though I think that the married couple was overreacting to an "in-the-moment" kiss during vulnerablity. That Joe guy (just like a guy) tried to turn around what he did and throw it back @ her about how she had feelings for som1 else too. Nice, believable touch there.

That argument scene was great and I like how they went back and showed what actually happend when the kiss occured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good scene and I agree about the overreaction to the kiss. Yeah he shouldn't have kissed her but it was just a kiss and he immediately realized his mistake. The whole thing with him and Sarah is just a mess now. They are headed for divorce. The argument in the kitchen made me cringe! What was Joe thinking?! I just wanted to shake him. A little too realistic for me if you know what I mean. I don't like listening to arguments [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I love this show. It's one of my favorites. I think the writing is really good and the acting is some of the best on any series. I get into all the sibling fighting and the shots they take at each other. To me it's pretty realistic and I appreciate the writers ability to show the complicated side of sibling relationships.

One thing I didn't agree with is how they have Sally Field's character inviting Rebbecca to stay at her home. No way that would happen after learning that Joe had kissed Rebbecca. No way.

There are a lot of lighthearted moments on this show and it's actually quite funny. Rob Lowe is a great actor and Calista Flockhart isn't as annoying as everyone says. I want more people to watch!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NBC is playing Along Came Polly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Great great flick! (Alec Baldwin is hilarious as Ben Stiller's boss)

Two thumbs up for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

katy, you didn't watch Desperate Housewives last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I flipped back to it during commercials. DH is beginning to bore me.

Sniper, did you watch the Bachelor? Who is your favorite and what's your prediction?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 AM

Dancing with Wookie, 4/30/2007

Ah, the first real 2 dance week. Now is when we'll really see what are stars are made of. I expect Apolo to shine here. He's my overall favorite.

Laila is up first, and everyone is starting off with the standard round. LOL @ Maksim never having made it to the 2 dance rounds. Hmmm. Laila's samba rehearsal looked much rougher than I expected. I thought that would be a good dance for her. Her quickstep, to me, looked mediocre by her standards. Her footwork was solid, but her posture and frame weren't there. Her head looked to be just forced to the right rather than being in that position as a natural extension of her frame. Changing her head from right to left looked pretty shady, though. Her 29 was a total shock to me, and very generous. I was thinking 27. I guess the judges were looking much more at her feet thank her frame.

John's foxtrot, well, was about what I expected. He has poor posture and a worse frame. Surprisingly, he was pretty good about when he was supposed to step on a heel vs. when he's suppose to step on a toe. His steps are still much too small, and the lock steps, where you cross your feet underneath you, never came together. That said, I agree with the judges that his character was great. I think his score was a little high, but it was his best performance.

Ah, here's Apolo. He's got foxtrot. Wow. I can nitpick, but that was great. His posture, footwork, arms, and as Carrie Ann said, musicality, were all great. His partner gets the most credit for the musicality, but I thought that if Laila got a 29 for her routine, Apolo's was an easy 30. And then the judges were hard on him. Ugh. His steps were fairly easy, but his technique was outstanding. That 26 was a slap in the face given Laila's routine. I cry [censored].

I should confess I liked Apolo's song. I danced a foxtrot to that song as a part of the medly my team won the national collegiate formation event with.

Seeing Ian mess around with BRC was pretty funny, but we'll have to see his dance. His dance was probably his best dance to date. I liked a lot of the choreography, except for Bruno's mouthwash step. His posture and frame could still use some polishing. He turned a little too far away from Cheryl in promanade position. I think the 27 was fair on an absolute scale, but not relative to Laila and Apolo. I'd rank them Apolo, Ian, then Laila.

Will BRC get an 8 this week? I hope so. He is the most endearing character. Man, just when I thought he was starting to look good, and dance, the dance was over. He's going to get wrecked by the judges. He was little more than a dancing pole, but when he did start dancing, he actually looked like he had some potential. With some more of his own dancing, he could have done well, but instead, he was (perhaps a little harshly) destroyed with a 17.

Let's see what Joey can do with is foxtrot. Can he overcome his ballroom posture problems? Well, I liked it, but I guess I should bet against it being scored above Laila, regardless of what I think. His posture and footwork were much better. I do agree with Len that there was a little too much schtick and not quite enough foxtrot, but he did good. His 29 was fair relative to Ian, but not to Apolo and Laila. I'd have tied Apolo and Joey at 30, Ian at 27-28, and Laila at 26-27.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/23

ok, back to Bachelor... first, katy comments...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about this Sniper. I thought with most of the previous shows the bachelor didn't propose marriage at all but rather picked a girl just to date, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess looking back most have gone the gee lets date for a while route, rather than full blown proposals. But based on the pre show media blitz this time, it sounds like he finds someone.

[ QUOTE ]
Hm, so you think test driving the girls makes a lot of sense eh? I thought it was pretty weird but I will try to keep an open mind and look at this from the guys point of view.

See if I were on the show as the Bachelorette, I would probably zero in on one or two guys that I had some real chemistry with and test drive them a little [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] but i sincerely doubt I'd want to test drive all the others. Don't know. Maybe I'm kidding myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe our definition of test drive is different, as I don't think he's really doing all that much testing, at least up to this point.

[ QUOTE ]
If I were a guy I'd pick Stephanie W. I kind of think he will choose Bevin or Tessa though. Who do you like Sniper?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I like Danielle... but I don't think he does, as much as he likes the others at this point.

I'll summarize tonight's episode in another post...
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 AM

Why is Len being so hard on Apolo? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] What is wrong with that Brit?

To my untrained eye, Joey looks phenomenal. Is his technique proper? Does he do the footwork correctly?

Unfortunately, only caught a second of the scene with BRC and Ian. What did I miss? Did BRC give him any good advice?

Lol. Why are we all so fascinated with BRC's dancing? Even the judges said they really look forward to him. It's the funniest thing that we are so captivated by this odd guy. And I can't believe how he just stood there during his waltz and just posed. Is it that hard to teach the average guy the basic moves for the waltz?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:31 AM

Laila's samba looked much better than in rehearsal. Her posture was good. She need to settle into her hips more to get them moving bigger and more circular, but that was really quite good. I guess she's going to get a 30, and I guess that's reasonably fair by tonight's standards. I thought her arms could still use work, too, but that's nitpicking

John was MUCH better at rumba than I expected. His footwork was improved, and his arms were way better than I expected. His hips weren't really there, but the choreography was good. I thought that this was going to be a really rough dance for him, but I agree w/ Len. This was his best. I was thinking 24, not 22. I think I liked it better than his foxtrot.

And now, more DVR variance. I get cut off in the middle of Apolo's dance. He looked spectacular. My friend played spoiler a little and told me he was again under appreciated by the judges. If so, I cry rigged. His quality of movement and crispness of step just looks better than anyone else's. I guess I'll have to continue my assessment tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 AM

Joey looked great tonight. I think I may have developed too much of an attachment to Apolo at this point, but he and Joey both are great dancers. I'll have to see Joey's latin dance when it's online tomorrow, but I expect that will be good for him. I don't know why the judges seem to be so hard on Apolo. He looks outstanding out there, and I don't know why he got such a crappy score for his ballroom.