Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Adanthar, nat et all,

Have you consulted a lawyer about possibly going down there? Might want to ask him if certain legal rights are given up by accepting funds from AP on this deal, regardless of how little it might be.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar, nat et all,

Have you consulted a lawyer about possibly going down there? Might want to ask him if certain legal rights are given up by accepting funds from AP on this deal, regardless of how little it might be.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the 12th time, no funds are being accepted from AP. That whole scenario changed partway through the post.

Also, in terms of AP taking legal action against me while I'm down there, I think that's even less likely than me being targeted. Obviously both are possible. I just don't think they're likely to happen. If AP seriously tried to get me thrown in jail down there or sue me or something like that I really just don't see how it would benefit them to stir up a ton of negative publicity.

Either way, it's yet to be seen what will end up happening.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:13 PM

Cliff notes?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar, nat et all,

[/ QUOTE ]
For the 12th time, no funds are being accepted from AP. That whole scenario changed partway through the post.

Also, in terms of AP taking legal action against me while I'm down there, I think that's even less likely than me being targeted. Obviously both are possible. I just don't think they're likely to happen. If AP seriously tried to get me thrown in jail down there or sue me or something like that I really just don't see how it would benefit them to stir up a ton of negative publicity.

Either way, it's yet to be seen what will end up happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well. I gather you are a rich rich guy. Why not hire a lawyer anyway? Just to help sort out what things you can/can't do; couldn't hurt right?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 PM

I have a lawyer. I will ask him about this scenario.

Also, another thing to remember is that I am not against AP. I'm against an AP that cheats and lies. I'm for an AP that does not do that. Why would they put someone in jail who could turn out to be a big supporter of theirs down the road?

I don't even know why I'm discussing this, I can't think of what I could possibly be charged with let alone a good reason for why they would want to do that.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 PM

It's not about going to jail or anything. It's about what cards you're able to use down the road if AP decides to do this sort of thing again - a lawyer can tell you what legal angles you might have at your disposal now vs AP supposing you wanted to pursue action against them later, and whether you forfeit those rights by doing certain things.

Even if you are absolutely sure you won't ever go after AP, it is nice to have options open and at least present the threat of doing so, so that AP knows they can't do this $hit again. Make sense?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, another thing to remember is that I am not against AP. I'm against an AP that cheats and lies. I'm for an AP that does not do that. Why would they put someone in jail who could turn out to be a big supporter of theirs down the road?

[/ QUOTE ]

TILT TILT TILT [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about going to jail or anything. It's about what cards you're able to use down the road if AP decides to do this sort of thing again - a lawyer can tell you what legal angles you might have at your disposal now vs AP supposing you wanted to pursue action against them later, and whether you forfeit those rights by doing certain things.

Even if you are absolutely sure you won't ever go after AP, it is nice to have options open and at least present the threat of doing so, so that AP knows they can't do this $hit again. Make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
I see. Well, I'm not some sort of crazy vigilante. I have to be honest -- it bothers me to see people who I consider friends to be playing on AP every day since this whole thing went down. It really makes me wonder what the hell I put any time in for. I guess I did it so poker sites would be clean in the future, but this whole episode has basically proven to me that it really doesn't actually matter that much. Most people don't care about the poker site's reputation as long as they keep winning or they think they're going to win. That isn't how I thought it would turn out.

At this point, I'm trying to do whatever I can to make sure that AP is the best site it can be going forward. The idea of them crashing and burning is basically completely unrealistic. I don't plan on going after AP, especially not in a legal arena. All of the information that I have is simply hearsay and will probably never prove to be of any real use.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to be honest -- it bothers me to see people who I consider friends to be playing on AP every day since this whole thing went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's depressing.

[ QUOTE ]
Most people don't care about the poker site's reputation as long as they keep winning or they think they're going to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

So is that.

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, I'm trying to do whatever I can to make sure that AP is the best site it can be going forward. The idea of them crashing and burning is basically completely unrealistic. I don't plan on going after AP, especially not in a legal arena. All of the information that I have is simply hearsay and will probably never prove to be of any real use.

[/ QUOTE ]

And again, so is that.
I think I'm going back to bed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I see. Well, I'm not some sort of crazy vigilante. I have to be honest -- it bothers me to see people who I consider friends to be playing on AP every day since this whole thing went down. It really makes me wonder what the hell I put any time in for. I guess I did it so poker sites would be clean in the future, but this whole episode has basically proven to me that it really doesn't actually matter that much. Most people don't care about the poker site's reputation as long as they keep winning or they think they're going to win. That isn't how I thought it would turn out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit puzzled by this. You WANT AP to survive?

I've just spent a little time going through KGC's gaming regulations, I can't imagine a more serious breach of the rules than to a) allow or fail to stop insider cheating and b) fail to keep proper gaming records. If those two offences don't lead to revocation of AP's licence then what does a girl have to do to get revoked around here?

Seriously, I can't see that your going to Costa Rica will achieve anything other than making you their PR agent and giving the company a better chance of surviving. I mean, really, why do you think they invited you?

If AP does survive, it basically means that the gaming commission have no teeth and this kind of thing can and will happen again.