Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
But, what do I know, I'm the biggest idiot of the pack?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would it look if Absolute Poker brought a suit against you for blackmail? You see, that's the kind of thing that you open yourself up to here. Going to Costa Rica, accepting fees and expenses, working feverishly to destroy Absolutes reputation if they don't pay up, the inside informers, with-holding of information from the public, etc., etc. It might look very bad if someone put that all in front of a jury.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol stop
Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 PM

please martyr Exsubmariner.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doubting that there was this fundraiser - but it is a huge leap to go from:

"Absolute ran a charity fundraiser"

to:

"Absolute stole money intended for a charity fundraiser"

I think it is safe to assume that there was some sort of popcorn fundraiser - that's just too specific and too bizarre to be made up. However, to go the next step - and allege that the money was stolen when there is literally zero evidence of that is just wrong.

Simply because it is theoretically possible does not make it likely (let alone proved beyond reasonable doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Just saying that I'd have a difficult time even showing there was a fundraiser, much less that the money was never actually given to charity, so the calls for us to phone the Vegas police about it are probably premature.

Any ideas how to get more evidence for this issue?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently ranked 3rd in the world: 1. Greg Olden, 2. OnlinePro, and 3.........

Although his work in this thread may topple Olden in next weeks's rankings.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) If you are a witness to Popcorngate at the WSOP: make a call to the Vegas police. Stealing $10k raised for a children's hospital (!) is, unsurprisingly, a very serious criminal offence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested to see this investigated. As far as I can tell from reading these threads (and I suspect I'm reasonably up-to-date on everything) there was not even the pretense of any investigation into this claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I visited the 2006 WSOP and paid a buck for popcorn at the AP booth. (I wanted to watch the end of the World Cup game on their big TV.) I don't remember if there was a notice posted or if they told me as I bought it that the buck would go to charity.

Does anyone have a photo? Without some sort of evidence that they were claiming this money would be given to charity, I don't see what a call to the Vegas police would accomplish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grabbed a kernel as I was walking past and the girl started yelling at me for contaminating the whole bag. She seemed serious, so I gave her a dollar. The event confused me. Then I went back inside to play pokers. Which also confused me.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 PM

sooooo, are you guys going or not--I sincerely hope so because I think it would be very beneficial to all!! IF you ARE going, there are several MUST-DO's. Imsakidd has been to Costa Rica so I don't know if he's already shared this stuff or not but ---- ziplining in the rainforest(MonteVerde is where we did it) is awesome and please don't come home until you get this accomplished. Also Arenal Volcano must be seen (1 1/2 hrs from San Jose). My two cents fwiw. . . .
Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just realistic - it is most likely that AP will survive this in some form or another, so it would be in everyones best interest if they went forward in the best possible way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a pansy.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, banning me would lend credance to what I'm saying,

[/ QUOTE ]
It would only add to credence in the tin-foil hat world you live in.

There are two relevant reasons to ban you:
1) You have secretly unveiled the most bizarre marketing gimmick in the history of the world, and you need to be shut down to keep the secret

or

2) You're a bloody idiot talking crap.

Banning you does not increase the likelihood of #1 being true.

[ QUOTE ]
In doing so, you have left yourself open to all kinds of things.

[/ QUOTE ]
No - which I why I have made a personal point of answering every question/comment about me, and Adanthar + Nat have done the same.

[ QUOTE ]
What you haven't thought about, and I have, is that being paid anything by absolute or profiting in any way from this whole mess could potentially get you in trouble. It doesn't matter about the reality of your motivations. I don't know you, I don't know what they are or would be beyond the obvious wanting to keep your gravy train going.

[/ QUOTE ]
But no one is being paid anything by Absolute...

[ QUOTE ]
How would it look if Absolute Poker brought a suit against you for blackmail? You see, that's the kind of thing that you open yourself up to here.

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be laughed out of court, because there is no credible base to such an accusation.

[ QUOTE ]
Going to Costa Rica, accepting fees and expenses, working feverishly to destroy Absolutes reputation if they don't pay up,

[/ QUOTE ]
...except that this is not true.

[ QUOTE ]
the inside informers, with-holding of information from the public, etc., etc. It might look very bad if someone put that all in front of a jury.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it wouldn't.

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't thought this through, have you? It's a catch 22 and a huge risk because they make the rules and you have no real power. But, I'm sure your million bucks is safe and Absolute as an entity would never come after it in court because of your efforts to damage their business.

[/ QUOTE ]
What million bucks? AP hasn't paid anyone a million dollars.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this last claim.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would it look if Absolute Poker brought a suit against you for blackmail?

[/ QUOTE ]

by all means, let's have a site whose owners are afraid to reveal their identities bring a suit in a US court and see how that works out?

Also, somebody please itemize the gravy train that Nat and I have going. Wait, I got it: I've spent about ten days not playing donkaments so far, so I guess I'm down lots of Sklansky bucks but up a lot of actual money. Thanks, AP!