Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/29

Brothers & Sisters is another strong newbie from the fall.

Last night's episode was very good, though I think that the married couple was overreacting to an "in-the-moment" kiss during vulnerablity. That Joe guy (just like a guy) tried to turn around what he did and throw it back @ her about how she had feelings for som1 else too. Nice, believable touch there.

That argument scene was great and I like how they went back and showed what actually happend when the kiss occured. The show before they cut away and the audience had to just assume they kissed (obv.) but w/o any context after the lead up. The Rebecca girl (the recently discovered sister the family didn't know they had) was playing "victim" all the while she wanted it more than he did. Then like a woman scorned...it gets back to the wife.

It's a good show; rich, white ppl just as flawed as every1. Then before their family's loss, just as naive to everything around them as they could be. Maybe a bit of overacting in a few spots, possibly, but mostly tolerable. I thought I would bail on this 1 back in the fall but each character has a chance to keep changing and growing.

Also, Calista Flockhart is solid enuff. I never caught Ally McBeal so I was never aware of her appeal, but she does have that magnetic quality about her. Her and Rob Lowe make a good on-screen couple btw. Sally Field plays the naive mother of the family and she's enjoyable too. No one character dominates the show and that makes this show really good and genuine.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:24 AM

Tonight nothing. But I'm mentioning a day early my happiness that Veronica Mars is finally returning to air Tuesday night. Yessssss.

I don't think I ever watch Monday primetime tv unless it is football. Have I been missing out on anything spectacular the last couple years?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:51 PM

AJ,

Monday is the biggest night of TV for me every week. Granted, my enthusiasm for ballroom dance is considerably higher than that of the average 2+2er, but even w/o that, Monday is a big night with Heroes and (to a lesser degree nowadays) 24. Heroes started off pretty slow with a lot of character development. It's also been caught up in some less interesting and seemingly irrelevant story lines. However, these last few episodes have been outstanding, and the plot has been a lot of fun. If you like superhero stories at all, it's worth catching. However, it might just be one to get on DVD at this point. You've missed out on a whole lot.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it might just be one to get on DVD at this point. You've missed out on a whole lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also get caught up on the older episodes on the web. I believe all the older episodes are available on the network's site.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh, all of them? I thought they only had last week's episode.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, all of them? I thought they only had last week's episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately all of them, plus, I believe you can also watch them with "commentary" turned on too, but I haven't checked that out yet.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/30

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Monday April 30

Looks like Drive got cancelled (final 2 episodes to air this summer)... booooo

8-9:45pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars:
Seventh round competition, including ballroom and Latin dances.

9pm FOX - 24: Day 6 1-2am
CTU searches for a lead on Cheng from Audrey, and acting President Daniels believes there may be a leak at either CTU or the White House.

9:45-11pm ABC - The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman:
Andy and four of the six remaining bachelorettes visit an LA elementary school, where they get down and dirty for a good cause, rebuilding a playground for the kindergartners. Andy also spends time with all six aboard his yacht, turns winmaker during a one-on-one encounter, goes kayaching with another, and dines with a bejeweled bachelorette in a japanese garden on a third. Then he bestows roses on the four ladies who will take him home to meet the folks.

Worth noting...

8pm FOX - House: repeat
A 16-year-old who crashes his ATV suffers severe burns. Then he develops heart trouble and brain dysfunction, and has a seizure as well. Meanwhile, it's payback time for a doctor who ratted out House for cheating in med school 20 years ago: The doc has come up with a migraine therapy House thinks is bogus, and he sets out to prove it---by experimenting on himself.

9pm NBC - Heroes:
String Theory - Hiro is disturbed by the grim future he discovers where those with special abilities are hunted and considered threats to society. He attempts to return to his own time, but is caught up in a battle that involves a host of new and oddly familiar faces.

10pm NBC - Real Wedding Crashers:
Pranks are pulled at real weddings in this six-part hidden camera show.

10pm CBS - CSI:Miami
Burned - Horatio is forced to fire a member of the team when the CSIs personal problems taint an investigation in a case involving revenge and a scorned ex-lover.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Kirsten Dunst talks about Spiderman 3

11:35pm NBC - Jay Leno:
Eric Bana previews his upcoming film "Lucky You"
Old 04-30-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NBC is playing Along Came Polly [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Great great flick! (Alec Baldwin is hilarious as Ben Stiller's boss)

Two thumbs up for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

katy, you didn't watch Desperate Housewives last night?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:31 PM

Heroes 4/30 thread in OOT
Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like Drive got cancelled (final 2 episodes to air this summer)... booooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like letting a show find it's audience in four weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Really ticks me off. Fox cannot be trusted. I especially feel bad for Natan Fillion . I remember him from One Life to Live, (my soap opera days are long gone), loved him in Firefly, and would really like to see him in a series on a regular basis.