FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

guys, hate to point out the obvious but..

there is no reason why four individuals using the same basic rule set cannot have identical preflop and post-flop stats over significant samples. bots automate the execution of simple rules developed (for the time being) by humans. if they're potentially bots they're potentially four (robotic and dull-witted) humans. if they don't make strategic adjustments based on board texture or their opponents then their post-flop stats will be much smoother and less variable.

i'd just like to point out that this is why it is essentially impossible to detect bots programmed by anyone competent. they wouldn't do anything that a human couldn't conceivably do and they'd be supervised at all times. how could they ever be detected without invasive software scanning?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 PM

I really don't care what you think BluffTHIS, your whole MO is to play devil's advocate to the hilt.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 PM

So you guys have a "staking agreement" where each of you gets told exactly how to play by "The System" on your yellow notepad, and have identical stats on everything over 100k+ hand samples, while the sweatshop owner helps with big decisions, with your preflop folding "scripts" (basically a bot, not a human controlling preflop), and you honestly believe nothing is wrong with this?

If this is allowed, online poker is on its way to being over as we know it.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:16 PM

just to butt in here:

I don't think these are bots.

I don't think what's being done is wrong, just stupid. Strip-mining poker like this is obviously only possible at a mid/low limit at full ring - nor are these guys taking gobs of money out of the game with this strategy. I don't think it portends anything for the future or viability of online poker - just some clever people coming up with a silly and boring way to make some money.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 PM

Man am I going to have to read another 500 posts to catch up on tommorrow?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what part of it being a "system" don't you undestand. We created it together, and studied it together. And then we try to give each other advice during our sessions...all of this will create identical numbers...and all of this is allowed by FTP T&C

[/ QUOTE ]

DOESN'T EXPLAIN POST-FLOP. ANSWER THE [censored] QUESTION ADDRESSED TO YOU EARLIER ON THIS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not discuss post flop strategy for obvious reasons. You are asking me to tell you how we play. That will never happen

[ QUOTE ]
So you guys have a "staking agreement" where each of you gets told exactly how to play by "The System" on your yellow notepad, and have identical stats on everything over 100k+ hand samples, while the sweatshop owner helps with big decisions, with your preflop folding "scripts" (basically a bot, not a human controlling preflop), and you honestly believe nothing is wrong with this?

If this is allowed, online poker is on it's way to being over as we know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah - look out full ring players at no limit 200, you've got a marginal winner sitting in your game!

nation himself can't beat higher than NL200, so what makes you think his lackeys can?

nation,

Nice dodge of the critical issue in assessing the stats. You have no non-laughable answer so you and your bud aren't going to reply.

Van Veen,

You are ignoring the far greater number of postflop siutations that have to take into account:

1) hu or mulit-way
2) board texture
3) betting on multiple streets
4) stack sizes
5) turn and river cards.

There are infinite variations.

PLUS if they do in fact have all that figured out, then why aren't they on 10/20 instead of 1/2?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM

Chuck,

Approximately what month did you start your team play?

You mentioned Full Tilt looked into dozens of accounts, were any of these part of your team? Were there more members of the team besides the other three?

Why did 1ForTheThumb stop playing? Why didn't 0_Drunkenboxer start from the beginning? Did he used to play by himself and join the team?

Why would you guys get up when I logged in? Am I mistaken about this?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will not discuss post flop strategy for obvious reasons. You are asking me to tell you how we play. That will never happen

[/ QUOTE ]

let me guess, it goes like this -

if i have an overpair i get my money in

if i have a set i get my money in

otherwise i fold

ldo

look out for the big scary secret post-flop strategy - don't let strassa or durrrr get a hold of this, it might totally destroy high stakes no limit as we know it.