Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
The Colts' slump last year coincided with Dallas Clark's injury. When he's not in the game it's just too easy for teams to play a zone against us. That's what they're doing anyway but it's not too effective when they're leaving the middle wide open for Clark to catch 6 passes for 75 yards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that Stokley was out as well and they chose not to use Moorehead that much. So effectively the Colts went with two WRs (for a team that uses 3 to 4) and two TEs (Fletcher and Utecht).

Also bear in mind, they sorta won the Super Bowl so "slump" is something of a relitive term [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Cody
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 PM

Clark was back for the playoffs though. And I'm also not at all a fan of Utecht as a receiver although he's a really good blocker.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so what's up with Dallas Clark? is he basically a WR now?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's still a TE but occasionally motions out out to the slot to take advantage of his speed against (usually) a OLB or even a nickel CB. Oh and sometimes he just lines up out there as a 3rd or 4th WR. Oh and sometimes he lines up in the slot but runs reverses. Oh and sometimes he actually lines up on the line in a traditional TE spot.

In all seriousness he's really become a major offensive threat for IND. It's hard enough to stop Marvin and Reggie but add Clark (and the years he's spent with Manning in the same system year in and year out now) and it's easy to see why they move the ball so well (I guess thier stats would be better but they don't run up the score like some other teams [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so scared of Dallas Clark this week. Is there anyway he doesnt get 100+ 2td? I just don't see how the Jaguars can answer him and not get run over by that front 5 and Joey Addai. Ugh...Colts -3 looks like an amazing bet.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM

AFC South Week 7 in Preview:

OVERVIEW: Two divisional games this week will certainly help clear up the AFC South picture a little better. The two games bear a striking similarity with two offensivly minded teams traveling to play teams with defensive strengths.

TEN (-1.5) @ HOU

The Titans and Texans both come in with losses their previous week, and both are still very much in contention for a WC spot in the AFC, so a big game from both teams is likely. That said, HOU is outclasses here, so unless VY doesn't play (listed day-to-day now) it's likely to be those Texans that need the heroics.
The TEN Defense has been its saving grace this year, with several players playing above their level. It will get another big test this week when QB Matt Schaub brings the 6th ranked pass offense to town. Still, lacking WR Andre Johnson, things look bleak for HOU's chances for victory and subsequently, staying in the playoff hunt.

TEN 20-HOU 13

IND (-3) @ JAX

Plenty of story to be found in this game. Another big test for the Colts and the beginning of a tough 4 game stretch (@JAX, @CAR, NE, @SD). Moreover, JAX is only a game behind the Colts for the division lead and is looking to prove themselves on the national stage. Everyone is aware of the Colts attempts to remain perfect, and, oh yeah, there's the issue of history. Last time these teams played JAX's running back core ran for 1.2 miles against a beat-up Colts team and embarrassed the would-be champs 44-17.
All of that in mind, this game has the makings of one of two things: a JAX upset, or an IND blowout and hype for the Nov. 9 game against the undefeated Pats. Playing at JAX certainly doesn't favor the Colts, but most other in-game issues do. The Colts offense has outperformed the JAX defense and is moving the ball at an almost unstopable pace. Meanwhile the IND defense is much improved from the last time they met, and with a stifling preformance here, they have a chance to announce (on Nat'l TV no less) that last years playoff run wasn't a fluke and they're for real.
I'll go ahead and jinx the Colts by picking them to win convincingly here.

IND 33-JAX 17

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lacking WR Andre Johnson and playing on the road

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice write-up but the game is in Houston.

Pretty bold prediction on the Colts game as I can't remember the last time our offense had a big day against them. Seems like every time we beat them it's because they fail to score 20. I say we win a close game 24-17.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lacking WR Andre Johnson and playing on the road

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice write-up but the game is in Houston.

Pretty bold prediction on the Colts game as I can't remember the last time our offense had a big day against them. Seems like every time we beat them it's because they fail to score 20. I say we win a close game 24-17.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about sir, those words appear nowhere in my post (hey at least I got it right in the heading).

Cody
Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 AM

I hate the Texans for letting Rob Bironas, Bironas them.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:39 AM

I'm pumped. Let's just somehow find a way to keep it close & we might pull it out. I'm even going to pull out the MJD avatar.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 AM

Let's Go, Jaguars!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM

LETS GO GO GO GO!!!! I hear ya TFG, gonna be one hell of a game. MoJo power!!

Can't wait until I get out of class at 4, gonna be getting ready right after that.