Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

I have never been to Costa Rica but if its anything like South American countries and I have been to quite a few...then he really in no physical danger at all. Just because he's white and American doesn't mean they'll kidnap him.

My advice would be, to just be careful with your money don't flash it around and try to blend in as much as possible. Cabs with company logos on them or those that are affiliated with a company are much better then random cabs obviously. Usually the nicer the cab the safer you will be.

Most people do this regularly traveling to European countries or cities like New York and Baltimore. You would actually be surprised how well Costa Rica looks and I would bet 100 dollars its not as backasswards as some of you might think.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM

Going > not going

and those are the only two real choices here.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, we can just wait around and see what AP tells us is actually going on down in CR these days.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

[/ QUOTE ]
wait, there isn't a third option?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hire someone to beat scott tom's face in
Old 10-25-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1) If you are a witness to Popcorngate at the WSOP: make a call to the Vegas police. Stealing $10k raised for a children's hospital (!) is, unsurprisingly, a very serious criminal offence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested to see this investigated. As far as I can tell from reading these threads (and I suspect I'm reasonably up-to-date on everything) there was not even the pretense of any investigation into this claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I visited the 2006 WSOP and paid a buck for popcorn at the AP booth. (I wanted to watch the end of the World Cup game on their big TV.) I don't remember if there was a notice posted or if they told me as I bought it that the buck would go to charity.

Does anyone have a photo? Without some sort of evidence that they were claiming this money would be given to charity, I don't see what a call to the Vegas police would accomplish.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i think you missed my point, but i was just being a smartass anyway
Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Going > not going

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i think you missed my point, but i was just being a smartass anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

no no i got it, i was just trying to be funny but i failed
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I visited the 2006 WSOP and paid a buck for popcorn at the AP booth. (I wanted to watch the end of the World Cup game on their big TV.) I don't remember if there was a notice posted or if they told me as I bought it that the buck would go to charity.

Does anyone have a photo? Without some sort of evidence that they were claiming this money would be given to charity, I don't see what a call to the Vegas police would accomplish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not doubting that there was this fundraiser - but it is a huge leap to go from:

"Absolute ran a charity fundraiser"

to:

"Absolute stole money intended for a charity fundraiser"

I think it is safe to assume that there was some sort of popcorn fundraiser - that's just too specific and too bizarre to be made up. However, to go the next step - and allege that the money was stolen when there is literally zero evidence of that is just wrong.

Simply because it is theoretically possible does not make it likely (let alone proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're pretty much the biggest idiot in the pack, but banning you again gets you martyred in your own head and I'd rather just make fun of you at this point. So why don't you go ahead and spell out exactly what ulterior motives we have, how much we're getting paid to whitewash AP immediately after burning them hard, and whether Serinda Swan is in on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I don't give a damn what you think of me. You can feel all smug and superior about your million bucks if you want. I'm not impressed. For a millionaire, you sure are childish with all the name calling, though.

Second, banning me would lend credance to what I'm saying, as you wisely have figured out. You see, you guys have put yourselves waaaaaay out there with this thing. In doing so, you have left yourself open to all kinds of things. What you haven't thought about, and I have, is that being paid anything by absolute or profiting in any way from this whole mess could potentially get you in trouble. It doesn't matter about the reality of your motivations. I don't know you, I don't know what they are or would be beyond the obvious wanting to keep your gravy train going.

How would it look if Absolute Poker brought a suit against you for blackmail? You see, that's the kind of thing that you open yourself up to here. Going to Costa Rica, accepting fees and expenses, working feverishly to destroy Absolutes reputation if they don't pay up, the inside informers, with-holding of information from the public, etc., etc. It might look very bad if someone put that all in front of a jury.

You haven't thought this through, have you? It's a catch 22 and a huge risk because they make the rules and you have no real power. But, I'm sure your million bucks is safe and Absolute as an entity would never come after it in court because of your efforts to damage their business. But, what do I know, I'm the biggest idiot of the pack?