Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

If I could quit playing poker while drinking I would be up at 1/2 or 2/4 by now..unfortunately every time I have a drink...the poker game just calls to me.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does playing 30/20 show a complete lack of understanding?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'm just mad because I've been running like crap for so long now. At the least it shows they understand nothing about the rake or the tendencies of their average opponent. And an aggression factor of 3? Haha.

AGL:SFHG:LKJHGLKJHEIUHRGKSDFJGK:JSGKJHFGK:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

A 45/5/1 cold calls, no big surprise there.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Well, he raises me so this is either the jack or some kind of draw so thanks for letting me 3-bet here.

Turn: (7.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

What? No way a 45/5/1 is playing a T here and I have to call down.

River: (13.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Js 7s (two pair, jacks and tens).
Hero has Qs Qh (two pair, queens and tens).
CO has Td 8c (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: CO wins 16.75 BB. </font>

Wow, thanks passive donk for picking this one time to go aggrospewdonk on me. I thank you for trying to throw away your money. It's too bad Stars won't let you.

I quit after this hand because I felt a little bit of tilt as you can see. I played well for the session though. I've gone over sessions and stats and everything looks good. I'm not making any tilty raises or weird adjustments to my game. This is fun:

Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of the increased selection pressures upon the player pool, the NL games have gotten tougher just like the limit games have. Could it be that your inexperience is mistaking sound plays for awful ones? Or is it that the limit games are so dry that almost anything seems juicy in comparison?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is B.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh man i forgot!

Yesterday I set a personal record by calling the river 4 times with jack on an AKxyz board knowing full well this man had no pair no draw.

I lost all 4 times to queen hi.

Four times I did this in one day.

[/ QUOTE ]
a modified clarkmeister idea would be to raise every time you think about calling the river with less than A high.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 AM

Hobbs - yeah i immediately thought of josh's "when you're not sure if you should call, raise"

basically the 1st part of my session was me hand reading well and not acting on it. was a weird feeling.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If I'm villain I'm never raising this turn with the intent of folding to a 3-bet unless my hand can't beat your's.

[/ QUOTE ]

i worded poorly the assumption i was conveying. i should have said that if you're villain here and you're raising for a free sd, with ace hi to small-mid pp, any pair, you're likely gonna fold if you get 3 bet. didn't mean you specially follow this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these kind of raises typical at 3/6 or did you have a read that he pulls these moves?

[/ QUOTE ]

can't answer the first part of your question satisfactorily. typical for some villains and not for others. typical at some sites and not others.

about villain--my only read was his stats and the fact that in a steal situation on that board ranges are wide for both of us. i can't weigh his range all that goot in that spot since i don't believe we had much history (and i like to set an 'image'), so i leave it wide and will sometimes use some creativity (aka poo fling).
Old 10-18-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

a modified clarkmeister idea would be to raise every time you think about calling the river with less than A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

and in aggro internet games get called immediately.

that concept may be all goot and dandy for live play, where everyone loves to make heroic laydowns especially on teh river, but not for dis here teh internets.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:51 AM

gosh. so i'm multitabling, and on one table over 134 hands my wasd is zero wtfomgfekhgothdam.

on another table over 95 hands my wasd is 22%

at another table where i just sat, over 40 hands, my wasd is zero.

conclusion: multitabling is for people who love to lose money and who would like to lose it the quickest way possible.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:16 AM

So... just realized ive had 6 consecutive losing days online... until today.

Sethy comes and sweats me today to see if im spewing like crazy or what.
In 2 hours I make 2.5k$ 4 tabling mostly 10/20 and a bit of 5/10.

Contemplating offering to pay 0.25BB/100 of my hands to anyone who sweats me consistantly good [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

thnx sethy
Old 10-18-2007, 06:36 AM

Heis,

I sweated ScaryTiger pretty good in the WCOOP event. He doubled up exactly one hand after I started watching.
Closed Thread