Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL AUGUST [EMO] THREAD PART 2 ***

Goofy is starting to sound like my mother
Old 08-23-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually run a computer algorithm which selects the 6 most likely numbers for a given week. What it does is extrapolate past data, giving more weight to numbers that came up recently and comes up with the most likely outcome. It turns the lottery from a negative expected value proposition to a positive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAH please say your leveling us? LOLOLOLL
Old 08-23-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually run a computer algorithm which selects the 6 most likely numbers for a given week. What it does is extrapolate past data, giving more weight to numbers that came up recently and comes up with the most likely outcome. It turns the lottery from a negative expected value proposition to a positive one.

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAH please say your leveling us? LOLOLOLL

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAH please say you're leveling us with this last post Chris? LOLOLOLL
Old 08-23-2007, 01:33 PM

goofy: kolo don't be a man [censored]
goofy: you need to have more self-respect than that
goofy: don't just hop into bed with the first guy that buys you a drink and whispers sweet nothings into your ear
Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM

All you snowboarders out there. Need some tips.

I've been like 3 times now (couple hours each time) and am fine on both edges and can change between heel and toe relatively comfortably. What I'm bad at is actually controlling direction and getting the board to go where I want it to. I've seen beginner videos where people go down regular foot forwards and just go heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe in a controlled manner all the way down. I keep going from regular to goofy and back etc because I don't have enough control over the board. Any tips?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been like 3 times now (couple hours each time) and am fine on both edges and can change between heel and toe relatively comfortably. What I'm bad at is actually controlling direction and getting the board to go where I want it to. I've seen beginner videos where people go down regular foot forwards and just go heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe in a controlled manner all the way down. I keep going from regular to goofy and back etc because I don't have enough control over the board. Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to get out of the habbit of just rocking back and forth when you go down, try smaller hills and try going just regular or goofy (which ever feels more confertable) and remeber that the board and body will follow where you are looking. (ie. where you point your shoulders.)
Old 08-23-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have the same problems ... a coworker was an instructor and he just said imagine like you're turning a headlight in the directions you want to go ... it didn't seem like it would make much different, but I started doing it and it worked

I don't know ... practice will get you there
Old 08-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Winner Take All FFB League
Two spots left in 8 man league...1st come 1st serve

$315 buy-in.
Best record during regular season gets auto bye into Superbowl
2 thru 5 play out playoffs to go up vs. regular season winner
1st pays $2000
2nd pays $400

pm me your aim/email/name etc if interested so i can add u to league
Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM

Yeah I think I stop looking where I'm going as soon as I feel a little out of control, this is probably a lot to do with it.

Also noticed that having a pretty big fall smashes my confidence to total sh*t. Bailed pretty bad right on my ass and my next couple of runs were total crap. I think concentration and confidence seem to be a huge part of it.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't quite get it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

if you are regular footed and are on your heel edge and start to turn to the left then why don't you just transfer to the toe edge and hence turn right? i think i am missing something
Closed Thread