Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Give Up Poker For True Love?
yes 293 72.35%
no 112 27.65%
Voters: 405. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Monday night game is going to give us something we haven't really seen before, the Colts in a revenge game. The last time they played the Jags they got embarrassed, easily the worst loss since the playoff shutout against the Jets in '02. The Colts playing angry could be downright scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. The Manning Colts are the most mechanical team I've ever seen. When they blow a 21-0 lead to Oakland they lost to them again in the dome the following year. When they lost to the Marino/Fiedler Dolphins at home they lost again at home like 4 times in a row. The Pats games, well obv. When they beat a team 4 times in a row they never take them lightly the 5th time. They're just not a team that really feeds off of the emotional intangible stuff. I think this is part of why they're more consistent than other teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you just referenced is ancient history.

The Oakland games were 2000 and 2001. There are 7 players players left from the 2001 season that are on the active roster, and that is including the punter and long snapper. There is not a single defensive player left from the 2001 team.

Hell not only are the colts an entirely different team, they aren't even in the same division they were back then. Games played in the Jim Mora era have no relevance to the current emotional state of the Colts.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
long snapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've had Justin Snow that long?? My god, did not know that.
Talk about job security.

Cody
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Monday night game is going to give us something we haven't really seen before, the Colts in a revenge game. The last time they played the Jags they got embarrassed, easily the worst loss since the playoff shutout against the Jets in '02. The Colts playing angry could be downright scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it could, I'm kind of hoping that whole superbowl thing made them forget that the Jags did that to them. But, the media seems to be doing their best to remind the Colts that it had happened.

The more I think about this game the worse it looks for Jacksonville. Peyton must be licking his chops right now looking at our safety play. Dallas Clark should go for 150 2 TD's on Monday with the way the Safeties are playing. Unless Clint Ingram can keep him in check, which might asking a whole lot outta a LB with Joey Addai coming back healthy.

Ugh...think the Jags can get Darius back for one series just so he can lay a big hit on some unexpecting reciever over the middle to wake up the Jacksonville crowd? Is that possible?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
long snapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about job security.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
You are more right than you know, he is signed through 2012.

Its a shame that someone like him gets no recognition at all for doing a great job year in and year out. The NFL ought to make a change so that when a kicker is selected to the pro-bowl, his long snapper and holder go too
Old 10-17-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
long snapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about job security.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
You are more right than you know, he is signed through 2012.

Its a shame that someone like him gets no recognition at all for doing a great job year in and year out. The NFL ought to make a change so that when a kicker is selected to the pro-bowl, his long snapper and holder go too

[/ QUOTE ]

2012 that's awesome.

And yeah I agree 100% with the PB issue. I always thought it was kind of like the battery in baseball, they work together (not that Ps and Cs get to be all-stars together). It's such a thankless job, you only hear about it when it goes bad (just ask Romo) so a PB would seem fitting.

Cody
Old 10-17-2007, 04:29 PM

Jaguar Fans,

Spicer was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TNM,

I love that idea for the long snapper/holder for the pro bowl. I'm actually curious how they decide who gets those jobs now, but that idea is a good one and should at least recognize those positions. The only time you hear those peoples names is when a mistake happens, like Trey Junkin for the Giants, long time long snapper, one of the best ever and makes one mistake and we know his name.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:36 PM

so what's up with Dallas Clark? is he basically a WR now?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TNM,

I love that idea for the long snapper/holder for the pro bowl. I'm actually curious how they decide who gets those jobs now, but that idea is a good one and should at least recognize those positions. The only time you hear those peoples names is when a mistake happens, like Trey Junkin for the Giants, long time long snapper, one of the best ever and makes one mistake and we know his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

The don't send a long snapper to the pro bowl. They just have a regular center do it, and I imagine there is a gentleman's agreement that DTs take it easy on them during those snaps.
The holder is usually just a punter or QB that made the pro bowl since most of them have held FGs at some point in their careers.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what's up with Dallas Clark? is he basically a WR now?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's still a TE but occasionally motions out out to the slot to take advantage of his speed against (usually) a OLB or even a nickel CB. Oh and sometimes he just lines up out there as a 3rd or 4th WR. Oh and sometimes he lines up in the slot but runs reverses. Oh and sometimes he actually lines up on the line in a traditional TE spot.

In all seriousness he's really become a major offensive threat for IND. It's hard enough to stop Marvin and Reggie but add Clark (and the years he's spent with Manning in the same system year in and year out now) and it's easy to see why they move the ball so well (I guess thier stats would be better but they don't run up the score like some other teams [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Cody
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 PM

The Colts' slump last year coincided with Dallas Clark's injury. When he's not in the game it's just too easy for teams to play a zone against us. That's what they're doing anyway but it's not too effective when they're leaving the middle wide open for Clark to catch 6 passes for 75 yards.