Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which are you?
Catholic 7 11.29%
Protestant 10 16.13%
Latter Day Saints 1 1.61%
Jewish 3 4.84%
Agnostic/Atheist 34 54.84%
Other 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: question

How did you get deposits to show up in PT?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - this thread should never be off the front page.

OK I'm looking at a course in Vegas Thursday February 28 - Saturday March 1st 2008. Anyone up for "Micros in Vegas II" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be able to float this. No promises just yet, though.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

OK I'm looking at a course in Vegas Thursday February 28 - Saturday March 1st 2008. Anyone up for "Micros in Vegas II" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man.. if Wookie gets out there, I'm definitely gonna have to go!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Variance: On Thursday, I'm giving a presentation to my lab group. On poker. This presentation will be 1-2 hrs long. We're doing this because when no one has any new research to present, we'll do a "fun" hobby presentation in the group meeting time slot instead.

Brag: Then afterwards, we're having poker night at my place. I plan on cleaning up.

Beat: I've got to give a 1-2 hr presentation that is interesting, informative, and is at least sufficiently convincing to a bunch of Ph.D. candidates and an M.D./Ph.D. that I'm giving them good advice about how to play poker well. Allegedly, I'm an "expert" on this subject, although I think it's in my best interest if my PI doesn't think I'm quite as good as I actually am. Naturally, my goal is to make my lab mates think they are good (or at least better) at poker, but to still leave me with an overwhelming advantage.

Currently, my plan is to provide a little history of poker, an overview of the rules of hold 'em, lolmaha, stud, razz, TDL, lolmaha/8, stud/8, and, naturally, five card draw, followed by some general poker strategy. The strat section includes one slide on expectation value, one on playing tight, one on odds and outs, one on reading hands, one one bluffing and deception, and one on betting for value.

Here's my challenge to the forum. I'll pay a $10 bounty to the person who can design one slide's worth of a presentation that is the most convincing bad advice presented as good advice. If a whole slide's worth of misinformation is too much, I'll pay $5 to whomever lays out at least one good bullet point's worth of misinformation. Extra consideration is given to entries that are not in direct conflict with information I was planning on presenting and that flow well w/ the presentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffing: The most powerful weapon in poker

When you have a losing hand, your only way to win is by bluffing at the pot.

Example: Hold'em -- Suppose there are 8 BB in the pot on the turn and you have no pair and no draw. You could check and fold, or you can bluff at the pot. You wager 1 BB to win 8 BB, so it only needs to work 1 time in 9 to be profitable. But what's even better is that you have *TWO* chances to bluff. Let's say you bluff the turn and get called. Now the pot has 10 BB in it on the river. Now your second bluff only needs to work 1 time in 11 to be profitable.

It's important that you bluff twice. Suppose that you think your opponent has a 10% chance of folding. If you only bluff once, he'll only fold 10% of the time. But if you bluff twice, he'll actually fold 19% of the time (1 - .9^2). So you almost double your chances of winning the pot by bluffing twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron is claiming the $10 prize for this one. Aussie's and Bravos's entries were both outstanding, but they lacked the beautiful simplicity and elegance of this deceptive slide. It's easy to grasp, and easy to work into my presentation. Implied odds and the value of PPs are two concepts that would take much more explanation on my part. It's a pretty long presentation at this point, so keeping things brief and simple when possible will be appreciated by both me and my audience when I finally get done describing what a flop is and we can get into the strat section.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:26 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Variance: On Thursday, I'm giving a presentation to my lab group. On poker. This presentation will be 1-2 hrs long. We're doing this because when no one has any new research to present, we'll do a "fun" hobby presentation in the group meeting time slot instead.

Brag: Then afterwards, we're having poker night at my place. I plan on cleaning up.

Beat: I've got to give a 1-2 hr presentation that is interesting, informative, and is at least sufficiently convincing to a bunch of Ph.D. candidates and an M.D./Ph.D. that I'm giving them good advice about how to play poker well. Allegedly, I'm an "expert" on this subject, although I think it's in my best interest if my PI doesn't think I'm quite as good as I actually am. Naturally, my goal is to make my lab mates think they are good (or at least better) at poker, but to still leave me with an overwhelming advantage.

Currently, my plan is to provide a little history of poker, an overview of the rules of hold 'em, lolmaha, stud, razz, TDL, lolmaha/8, stud/8, and, naturally, five card draw, followed by some general poker strategy. The strat section includes one slide on expectation value, one on playing tight, one on odds and outs, one on reading hands, one one bluffing and deception, and one on betting for value.

Here's my challenge to the forum. I'll pay a $10 bounty to the person who can design one slide's worth of a presentation that is the most convincing bad advice presented as good advice. If a whole slide's worth of misinformation is too much, I'll pay $5 to whomever lays out at least one good bullet point's worth of misinformation. Extra consideration is given to entries that are not in direct conflict with information I was planning on presenting and that flow well w/ the presentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluffing: The most powerful weapon in poker

When you have a losing hand, your only way to win is by bluffing at the pot.

Example: Hold'em -- Suppose there are 8 BB in the pot on the turn and you have no pair and no draw. You could check and fold, or you can bluff at the pot. You wager 1 BB to win 8 BB, so it only needs to work 1 time in 9 to be profitable. But what's even better is that you have *TWO* chances to bluff. Let's say you bluff the turn and get called. Now the pot has 10 BB in it on the river. Now your second bluff only needs to work 1 time in 11 to be profitable.

It's important that you bluff twice. Suppose that you think your opponent has a 10% chance of folding. If you only bluff once, he'll only fold 10% of the time. But if you bluff twice, he'll actually fold 19% of the time (1 - .9^2). So you almost double your chances of winning the pot by bluffing twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron is claiming the $10 prize for this one. Aussie's and Bravos's entries were both outstanding, but they lacked the beautiful simplicity and elegance of this deceptive slide. It's easy to grasp, and easy to work into my presentation. Implied odds and the value of PPs are two concepts that would take much more explanation on my part. It's a pretty long presentation at this point, so keeping things brief and simple when possible will be appreciated by both me and my audience when I finally get done describing what a flop is and we can get into the strat section.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just visualize you telling these outright lies to the future donks of America. Your eyes will be blinking like mad (btw a very good physical tell). I hope you internalize this crap long enough for ...

THE POOH/BAH CHALLENGE!!!!

If you and ADub can internalize this crap long enough maybe we can get up a nano game donktasticamentorjustdrunkernament like in days not long past like in the Party daze. Aww anyone can join, I'm just wanting to throw a Pooh/Bah bash for attaining my Pooh/Bahness. I don't deserve anything for having keyboard diarreah, but it's a milestone none the less.

Who's up for some donkalicious merriment?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:02 AM

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 8 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (8BB, 8 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (22BB, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

1. lolmaha
2. how'd i do? i think promo/equity raise turn and river crying call 1 are pretty reasonable, but i suck at teh o8.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 AM

if everyone calls raises pf then i raise pf but if not then limping is fine

flop is fine
turn is fine

river it's close, i could probably fold to the first bet but just calling then folding to the raise is fine too.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 AM

Hmmm, i gotta try this lolmaha sometime.

I might have a little dabble tonight after a glass of red or two!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man.. if Wookie gets out there, I'm definitely gonna have to go!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - I also heard from Buzz who says hes gonna try to get there too.

This is starting to have some serious potential [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 AM

hrmmm, just got a pop-up while playing at abs saying their new software has re-sizeable tables. bout time!
Closed Thread