Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 01:01 AM

Default Re: The refs have drastically favored the Heat so far.

[ QUOTE ]
FH, do you really think the better team lost that series?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, but I think it was a great series and to say Dallas is clearly better because they won it doesn't make much sense to me, it could clearly have gone both ways.
I also think the Spurs are much better then they showed this year.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as for who's better when they're on their "A" game, all 4 teams left are very very good. The only team i've ever seen that i thought was absolutely unbeatable when they were on was UNLV in 1990. Everyone else is debateable, and it's not really a good debate, just people waving their dicks in the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mavs played better on offense and SA played poorly on defense...that is why the Mavs won. Its not a knock on the Mavs...it is a knock on the Spurs.

If the Spurs had played great D then they win the series...they didn't so they are fishing right now.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhh Nobody had more than like 8 points in that game beside Shaq and Wade..and Wade had 16 total points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yeah that incredibly deep team, like Walker the guy that we ran out of town b/c he was maybe the biggest cancer to ever step on American Airlines hardwood--yes even worse than Bradley, at least Bradley didn't single handedly lose games for us. Mia is basically a two man show and the pace of the game is going to be too fast for Shaq and Dallas is too deep for Wade, Wade simply can't win the series by himself...this is why Miami looked absolutely ridiculous from tip off to buzzer against Dallas.

[ QUOTE ]
So either that means that Dallas was the greatest defensive team in the history of basketball for that one game or MIA had a god awful game on offense and defense....and it was a complete aberation. I'd go with the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Dallas was extremely smothering on the defensive end that game, dominating the boards and the turnover game, and yes even beat in pts in the paint. Every facet of the game Miami has been beaten by Dallas in all of their meetings, they are simply outmatched and not even close to as good of a team and it is simply mind boggling as to how you can't see this?

[ QUOTE ]
The Spurs played poor defense against the Mavericks...though credit goes to the Mavs players for hitting their shots.
In every win the Mavs scored 104 or more points.
Spurs are not going to win if they are playing that poorly on defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it was the poor defense of the Spurs and not the never ending bench of faster and more skilled players that Avery ran out their that ran right by the Spurs defense and got into the paint each possession? Is this what you think? The only thing that kept them in the series was Duncan's dominating play inside, and the fact that for some reason recently you aren't allowed to stand middle men up anymore allowing a guy like Duncan (who is already dominating as is) even more room to work with. Other than Duncan SA was simply outmanned. Ginobli had a couple good games that were timely but overall Dallas was quicker and more skilled ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. Go ahead and look it up, I have posted it all year when all the Dallas haters said they were an offense only team, you can dig those threads up, but Dallas is one of the best all around defensive teams in the league and has been all year.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, but I think it was a great series and to say Dallas is clearly better because they won it doesn't make much sense to me, it could clearly have gone both ways.
I also think the Spurs are much better then they showed this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

All this could be caput if Ginobli had done the obvious thing instead of trying to draw the foul with his off balance lay-up and pass the ball to the corner where a wide open Robert Horry was standing.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
darko, you're putting way to much blame on the refs, if they wanted to [censored] Dallas there's a clear foul on Duncan left uncalled in the last possession of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between a subtle bump that Tim Duncan initiates every possession that puts the opposing team in the penalty at the start of the second half and so basically it is two free throws every trip down, at one point in the third quarter Tim Duncan had more free throws than the entire Dallas team...even Barkley at halftime was wondering wtf was going on and he loathes the Mavericks and wants to take jabs at them at any chance----and a minor touch at the last seconds of the game that would decide the series...we have discussed this before and I think you were an advocate of calling a foul if it is a foul, and for one I didn't even think it was a foul and secondly I have yet to know anyone who thought it was a bad no call, if that foul was called it may have gone down as the worst call in NBA post season recent history.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:19 AM

I'm with Darko on this one. And I'm definitely not in the "the best team always wins a 7 game series" camp (Detroit was better than SA last year). I just think the Mavs showed that they were the better team. They outplayed them for most of the series, had them on their heels, and overcame home court disadvantage and missing one of their key players for a game. The two teams were really really closely matched, but I think it's clear enough that if either team was better it was the Mavs.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:21 AM

TDarko the anger in your posting makes it obvious how hardcore for Dallas you are so I'm not really gonna sit here and argue with you.

Does Dallas play better D? Yes..against a great team are they a stud defensive team? Hell no.

Every win against Dallas by SA in fact the majority of their wins are when they hold a team under 100 points, and it is usually 85-95 points. It is not because the offensive team just had a poor night, it is because the Spurs didn't play great D. The offensive players have an effect on this but against a great D that normally hold teams to 90 points or less...if you give up 119 it means your sucking it up on that end of the floor.

If it goes above 100 then they have to try to outscore and against a team like Dallas that most likely will mean they lose the series.

Dallas is a very good team. They are no where close to a GREAT team because they can't play that amazing defense that the Spurs/Pistons of past years have played. Defense will always be their weakness. They are always going to score unless a better D shuts them down.

THE KEY to the Miami team is AWalker. If he has a good game we are gonna win the game. Period. Even if Wade/Shaq play great we still can lose. If Walker shows up and is the solid third option...HEAT WIN.

He is by far our biggest X factor...he may have been a cancer on your team but he's played well on the Heat and is a HUGE reason the Heat are where they are.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:23 AM

the original question was subjective so maybe I'm just biased but I believe this spurs can do better than what they did this year in the playoffs.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:27 AM

charlie, you make a huge post about how the mavs need a good D to be considered a great teams then you write that little paragraph about the heat, doesn't that seem strange to you?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Darko on this one. And I'm definitely not in the "the best team always wins a 7 game series" camp (Detroit was better than SA last year). I just think the Mavs showed that they were the better team. They outplayed them for most of the series, had them on their heels, and overcame home court disadvantage and missing one of their key players for a game. The two teams were really really closely matched, but I think it's clear enough that if either team was better it was the Mavs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phoenix you just supported my point. The BEST team does not always win.
Pistons were the better team last year but SA beat them.

SA was the better team in my view but Dallas outperformed them.

They scored like 110 or more in several of their wins...great offense by Mavs but terrible defense by Spurs.

Pistons are the better team but the Heat are outperforming them

Heat are playing good...Pistons are playing bad.

If the Pistons play good and the Heat play good...Pistons win.