Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should I do now on tilt?
Smoke some more pot, talk some more trash on BBV? 9 20.93%
Move up, lose, reload, ad infinitum 24 55.81%
Quite poker forever or err just stop playing for the day 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: ****OFFICIAL**** LOST Season 3 Finale Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
Lost has jumped the shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking this, when I was dumb enough to think Jack's flashback was a flashback. I was thinking "WTF how many twists can they add to people's flashbacks? This is dumb."

But it turned out episode was the natural progression. No sharks from what I can see.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM

has anyone considered looking at the events of the flashforward some more? One thing I was thinking of is that there are three groups: dharma, "the others", and "the bad guys". I don't think its been shown that "the bad guys" and dharma are the same group, although it wouldnt suprise me TOO much if they were (the only confusing thing would be if they WERE dharma, how come they didn't know the exact coordinates of the island?).

Anyways, back to my speculation. It has been shown in previous episodes that somehow "the others" can manipulate people, things, time?, etc. Is it possible that the stewardess showing Jack the newspaper with it turned to the obituaries part was THEIR doing? As well as preventing Jack from killing himself?

Also, in the next 3 seasons, I wouldnt be suprised if we switched from a "island is present, flashback to past" to a "future is present, flashback to island/post-island" type of situation. I could see the plot revolving around Jack attempting to go back to the island (which is now controlled by the "bad guys") with the help of "the others" and trying to regain control. Reminds me of the quote that Jack's tatoo is of ... anyone remember the exact wording?

oh and yeah, JACKS DAD IS DEAD.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 PM

I think it's pretty likely that the person in the coffin and the one who was referred to as "J Bentham" in the article is Jacob. It's definately not someone of the losties and since Jacob has to be an integral part of the show and the guy's first name starts with a "J"...well, it's pretty damn logical.

That'd suggest that Jack and Kate both get to know Jacob before they leave so the unlikely plot twist of them both leaving the island at the start of next season is probably not going to happen. I think they're going to stay on the island for at least the next season and I must admit I think it's pretty weird to think that they would be off the island in the series in any other form than in the flashbacks/flashforwards.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was very suspicious how the LIVE video feed from Penelope came in almost immediately after the jammer was cut off. Could Ben be behind this, since he's trying to convince everyone that Naomi is a bad guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.

[ QUOTE ]
Something not mentioned -

Is there anything to Ben saying "Every living thing on this island is going to be killed?" Or am I in locke-didn't-blowup-the-sub territory?

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF brought up the same thing, but I don't think there's much to it.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Has nobody mentioned Bens' MAP!? I lol'd at that thing for like 15 minutes. Dude pulls out a china-marker. Draws 2 straight lines. Then that's it. WTF was that?

Also, jack pulling up with his aviators on with "scentless apprentice" blasting was pretty classic. Then he just like walks across the street.

I would be willing to guess that Jack's attempted suicide may have been his attempt at making it back to the island.

I can not WAIT for this show to explain how naomi assumed all the people in flight 815 died but now they are apparently going to make it off the island.

Also - Jack (in the 'flashback') - becomes like his father.
Kate - becomes like her mother. Think about it, "he's going to wonder where I am" is NOT something the Kate we know from the show would say.

And finally - why does jack want to go back is good enough of a question to get me to watch the last 48 episodes lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
whoa guys, I think we all need to relax for a moment and consider Occam's Razor before we start throwing around all of these ridiculous theories.

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of defeats the purpose of this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

the Occam's Razor thing was kind of a joke. I guess you had to be here for the Season 2 threads...

I was hoping at least somebody would appreciate the reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did.

Everybody clammoring that people are overthinking is kinda taking the joy out of this thread. That said, there's some tragically bad ideas in this thread.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has anyone considered looking at the events of the flashforward some more? One thing I was thinking of is that there are three groups: dharma, "the others", and "the bad guys". I don't think its been shown that "the bad guys" and dharma are the same group, although it wouldnt suprise me TOO much if they were (the only confusing thing would be if they WERE dharma, how come they didn't know the exact coordinates of the island?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, see my earlier Season 4 speculation that the Losties + The Others will team up against the new Boat people ( probably Dharma )

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, back to my speculation. It has been shown in previous episodes that somehow "the others" can manipulate people, things, time?, etc. Is it possible that the stewardess showing Jack the newspaper with it turned to the obituaries part was THEIR doing? As well as preventing Jack from killing himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is another off the deep end theory ... anything is possible, but I really don't think so.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, in the next 3 seasons, I wouldnt be suprised if we switched from a "island is present, flashback to past" to a "future is present, flashback to island/post-island" type of situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, already been speculated. My guess is possibly starting with season 5, but not season 4.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can not WAIT for this show to explain how naomi assumed all the people in flight 815 died but now they are apparently going to make it off the island.

[/ QUOTE ]

The theory that makes sense to me is what someone said earlier about Naomi being connected with Dharma and/or Penny's Dad (Mr. Widmore, who has connections to Dharma). She knows about Desmond, but Desmond did not come to the island from the plane.

Like a lot of others, I will not be surprised if they do not make it off the island as quickly as Jack's flash forward, and Desmond's premonition, would lead us to believe.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty likely that the person in the coffin and the one who was referred to as "J Bentham" in the article is Jacob. It's definately not someone of the losties and since Jacob has to be an integral part of the show and the guy's first name starts with a "J"...well, it's pretty damn logical.

That'd suggest that Jack and Kate both get to know Jacob before they leave so the unlikely plot twist of them both leaving the island at the start of next season is probably not going to happen. I think they're going to stay on the island for at least the next season and I must admit I think it's pretty weird to think that they would be off the island in the series in any other form than in the flashbacks/flashforwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can not understand the logic that goes behind someone thinking that it could POSSIBLY jacob in the casket. ITS NOT POSSIBLE. ask yourself WHY jacob would be off the island? why would they even LET him off the island? The same can be said for ben.

theres a difference between finding the subtle/awesome clues in lost (like anagrams, playing things backwords, etc, etc) and RETARDED SPECULATION based on zooming in on props that the writers aren't intending to be examined so closely (like juliet's "sisters" medical chart, sub not blowing up, etc). For people who have watched all of lost, it should be obvious to tell when something is just a production mistake, and when its not. Although i have stated in previous threads that this may just be a method that the writers use to keep the internets confused and off talking about things that are no where near what is going to happen.

Let's stop and think back to the other lost threads. Has there ever been wild speculation that turned out to be true? I really can't think of one. There's a difference between

Naomi is an OTHER!! I MEAN OMGBBQ HOW DID MIKHAIL FIND THEM LOL!!
Naomi is not actually working with Penny. but possibly dharma or another group.

But i give major props to the producers for being able to create a show that causes its viewers to WANT to make these wild speculations, and actually believe them to be true!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just realized that we never actually saw the woman in the car crash. And Jack was very adament about wanting to do the surgery himself.

Any chance that its someone we know? Claire and Aaron maybe? Juliette's sister and her kid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't we see her lying in bed?

[/ QUOTE ]

The new chief of surgery referred to her as "Mrs. Arlen"