Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

lulz^^^
Old 06-28-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The newest poker after dark episode had a fun rousso moment.

Rousso got pissed when she tried to bluff gabes nuts on turn with a 6 high FD and after gabe announced reraise, howard lederer said 'WOW' because of the big pot and rousso got all pissed and started asking who said it. ahhahaha

howard just explained he wants to see big pots and rousso comments that 'you have never seen one' totally pissed because her bluff went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I need to see that. Guess it was after the whole friendly atmosphere of trivia questions Howard was trying to answer from his sister.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:34 PM

honestly if your gonna get this upset over someone insulting or questioning your play just quit, seriously quit your not gonna make it.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never let anyone talk down to my girlfriend, and anyone who respects theirs wouldn't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, lets keep beating this dead horse

If you really RESPECT your girlfriend you will let her handle verbal altercations ON THE JOB herself.

When Carly Fiorina was crucified by everyone at HP before she was forced out do you think it would have been appropriate for her husband to have come in and threaten people for saying bad things to his wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU! (And Daliman, and others).

I didn't think there were any women left who went for the whole neanderthal thing - still less any men who still thought it was necessary/attractive. The last time I dumped a guy for this kind of testosterone-driven attempt to demonstrate alpha-maleness was 15 years ago - I guess I've just been lucky to avoid the dorks.

Sure, if some lairy drunk was hassling me or something I'd be pleased if my boyfriend didn't immediately run in the other direction - but if a colleague insulted me and he thought he needed to step in because I couldn't handle it ... he'd be dumped.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Well, I'm not a tournament insider and I've never met Ms. Rousso, but when she made her first post, there had already been many out-of-line, petty snarks at her, and she handled herself with class. She said what happened and didn't dignify some of the impertinent comments with a response. That's quite impressive for someone who's--what, 24? She expresses herself well and I think she presented herself well overall. She seems to have gotten very angry at the table, but I can see myself doing the same. If Been wants to talk trash, he can, but he should expect a reaction.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 PM

WHERE ARE THE GOOD POSTS
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If she is really French, it makes sense that she would have subjective realities concerning ethics and morality issues. It is my experience that products of a Socialized state either become indoctrinated with the notion that any act is justified within the context of some self-important end or they just plain don't give a [censored] about right and wrong and the consequences of their immoral behavior (in this case, lying about an incident to the point that someone else is physically threatened).

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, what nonsense. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm not a tournament insider and I've never met Ms. Rousso, but when she made her first post, there had already been many out-of-line, petty snarks at her, and she handled herself with class. She said what happened and didn't dignify some of the impertinent comments with a response. That's quite impressive for someone who's--what, 24? She expresses herself well and I think she presented herself well overall. She seems to have gotten very angry at the table, but I can see myself doing the same. If Been wants to talk trash, he can, but he should expect a reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see yourself telling your bf to go beat up arron?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see yourself telling your bf to go beat up arron?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, being a straight male, maybe not. But to answer what you're implying, No, I don't think that's appropriate, if that's indeed what she did. I'm just saying I can't honestly say I wouldn't have tilted after that, and I think a lot of people would like to think they'd handle themselves a lot better than maybe they really would. You think you've got a great hand, a bad card comes on the turn, you have the discipline to lay it down, and you have to hear how lousy you are for ten minutes?