Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
I appreciate what Nat has done up to this point probably more then anyone here, even considering I have never played 1 hand on Absolute. I just don't see what he has to gain by associating with these guys beyond this point forward. The only way he will ever be sure they are honest in the future is if he was actually working for them, which I dont see happening. And I'm not "accusing of him" of being paid by AP, thats basically what half this thread is about. He made an offer, they accepted.
And just because someone has money, doesn't mean they cant be "paid off". I know you are from Australia, but in the USA, things are a lot different here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I'm not Josem

anyway...what we have to gain is very concrete. There are several loose ends that can only be tied up in CR, both public and private. Additionally, the really big question is "was Scott Tom removed permanently or is he coming back?", and this, while not something we're realistically going to get a full answer to out of CR, is something that would be a lot easier to corroborate there.

With that said, BTW, the company is leaking info like a sieve, and if Nat, Josem and I somehow took million dollar bribes (I'll admit right now that I'd totally sell out for a mil), that secret would last about a week tops.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, the best part of all this is that AP's playerbase is down like 5%, which means that for all the outcry here, very little actually happened. Why would AP even try to bribe Nat when a single word of that would hit them harder than a superuser managed to do for a month?

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt if CNN ran a story about the 3rd largest poker company in the USA ripping off millions through elaborate cheating scams by the management/owners, and then ran a story a week later that Nat was now on the AP payroll, that the 2nd story would do more harm to the company then the superuser story.
LOL, I mean cmon man. Let's try and be serious here. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot more people who are playing right now on Absolute that have no friggen idea about the superuser, then there are who even know who Nat is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, I'm not on the payroll. I'm not taking any money from them. Read the thread please.

Maybe this should just be locked since the OP is way out of date and I can't edit my OP?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:32 PM

And I'd also be willing to bet that their base will be down more then 5% a month from now. This story is just spreading mainstream, and not to mention the fact that probably thousands of random donks throughout the AP community have recently had thousands of dollars gifted back into their accounts, most without knowing why.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else here concerned that Nat is now on the AP payroll

[/ QUOTE ]

my god, you're dumb. but okay, let me spell this out: Nat is a millionaire. He spent well over a week of his time, which is worth a lot more than most people's in this thread, doing very in depth research through contacts very few people have, and then helped uncover a seven figure scam. Result: exactly five days after the company got hit extremely hard and had a partial ownership turnover, you're accusing him of being on AP's payroll. With several poker businesses and a very long and profitable career in this field ahead of him, what do you think that Nat's reputation is worth to him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate what Nat has done up to this point probably more then anyone here, even considering I have never played 1 hand on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here b/c I have to clean the gatorade off my keyboard because i started laughing so hard.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:40 PM

yeah I'm gonna lock it eventually, just waiting on developments
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my god, you're dumb. but okay, let me spell this out: Nat is a millionaire. He spent well over a week of his time, which is worth a lot more than most people's in this thread, doing very in depth research through contacts very few people have, and then helped uncover a seven figure scam. Result: exactly five days after the company got hit extremely hard and had a partial ownership turnover, you're accusing him of being on AP's payroll. With several poker businesses and a very long and profitable career in this field ahead of him, what do you think that Nat's reputation is worth to him at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate what Nat has done up to this point probably more then anyone here, even considering I have never played 1 hand on Absolute.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading here b/c I have to clean the gatorade off my keyboard because i started laughing so hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so funny IKE?
Just because I wasnt the victim I cant be happy the bad guys were caught?
I was also happy when they caught the guy that raped my sister. Is that funny too?
Keep laughing and supporting the cause. YOu are doing a GREAT JOB!!
btw, did you get that 6 figure check from AP yet?? LOLOLOL
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so funny IKE?
Just because I wasnt the victim I cant be happy the bad guys were caught?
I was also happy when they caught the guy that raped my sister. Is that funny too?WTF?? LOL
Keep laughing and supporting the cause. YOu are doing a GREAT JOB!!
btw, did you get that 6 figure check from AP yet?? LOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Your claim of superiority of "thankfullness" while not trusting Nat to go to CR is what I find funny tbh.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM

I trust Nat , I guess I'm just so GD pissed at AP, I'm not willing to listen to anything positive anyone has to say about them. I just want them gone.
AP is tilting me hard right now.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM

It's morning in Australia, so to catch up on overnight posts:

[ QUOTE ]
With that said, BTW, the company is leaking info like a sieve, and if Nat, Josem and I somehow took million dollar bribes (I'll admit right now that I'd totally sell out for a mil), that secret would last about a week tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me give you the hot tip that if Absolute paid me a million dollars, I certainly wouldn't be turning up to my little government job at 7am and hanging around here until 10pm.

[ QUOTE ]
AP should be shut down and all the perpetrators (including those who knew about this but kept quiet) reported, arrested, prosecuted and jailed. That's not going to happen while AP continues to protect the ID of the perps, and refuses to report them to the relevant law enforcement (KGC doesn't count).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure - you know their names, so you should feel free to report them to the police. I posted the phone numbers for the police in an earlier post.

[ QUOTE ]
Finding out the entire place is run by crooks? The boss plays on 'God-mode' and steals millions?

[/ QUOTE ]
My impression is that Absolute are no longer run by crooks, and the boss no longer plays on God-mode. I'm certainly optimistic on this point, and recognise that people will have different views.

It really is just a value judgement either way.

[ QUOTE ]
They rob charity fundraisers too? Yes, that would qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen no evidence of this.

[ QUOTE ]
1) If you are a witness to Popcorngate at the WSOP: make a call to the Vegas police. Stealing $10k raised for a children's hospital (!) is, unsurprisingly, a very serious criminal offence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested to see this investigated. As far as I can tell from reading these threads (and I suspect I'm reasonably up-to-date on everything) there was not even the pretense of any investigation into this claim.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If you were affected by Potripper & Co; call the Costa Rican police. Theft is theft. (NB: Returning the stolen money doesn't negate the offence. Otherwise, robbing banks would be a lot more common...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Their phone number is in a previous thread.

[ QUOTE ]
3) If you think Mark Seif defrauded you out of money - and if you think he was in the US at the time of the alleged offence - call the Feds.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no credible evidence of this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP do not know what we know. Thus, if they're hiding something, they don't know if they will get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that is one of the main reasons they invited Nat down to Costa Rica?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I do not. I don't know of any credible evidence that this is even remotely true.

What are you suggesting? They'll interrogate him in some sort of bizarre Costa Rican torture hall?

[ QUOTE ]
I read 2+2 at least 3 or 4 times a week, and I didn't find out about it until just this week, so it's not really getting out there. I just happened to visit the Kill Phil forum which I haven't looked at in months and months and noticed a very small thread that mentioned it, otherwise I still wouldn't know anything about it as I never read the BBV forum. My son plays poker online...he didn't hear about it. His friends play poker online...they didn't hear about it. All my family and friends know I play online, if they heard something about, they would have mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
There have been over 25,000 absolute unique visitors to www.absolutepokercheats.com,

I can only guess at the hundreds of thousands of people who have read it here, or on other sites. It is not a small number of people who are aware of this.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif -

I can assume you are reading this. Can we please drop the defamation charges and insults towards those who question your play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark has every right to pursue those people who defame him without evidence.

Unlike the anonymous people in this thread, Mark's name will be forever linked with this situation.

It is all very well to sit behind an effectively anonymous computer screen and decree that Mark's reputation is not valuable to him, but people who do that are fundamentally wrong.

It's the same reason that I react strongly when people make unsubstantiated slurs against me, or Nat, or Adanthar. Our reputations are valuable to us, and as a result of our involvement, when you type our names into google forever into the future, we'll be linked to it. I guess we wear it - but it's not reasonable to expect us to wear any other fabricated slurs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On your thinking, if AP claimed that the sun will rise tomorrow, that would be reason to doubt it. Obviously this is an extreme metaphor

[/ QUOTE ]
analogy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark, better get permission for this from your bosses before you proceed into the courts. Could be a muddy stream.

[/ QUOTE ]
No - the situation at Absolute is not likely to help in a defence against a defamation suit from Mark.

What are you going to claim? That you called Mark a cheater because others cheated? That's just not credible.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't take unknown cabs...

[/ QUOTE ]

How many cabbies do you think he knows in Costa Rica?

I think the whole concern for physical safety is a bit dramatic and more of a product of Hollywood. Nat has already stated in his OP that he has considered this aspect in his decision to go.