Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
from the GamingAssociates website:

Gaming Associates is the exclusive technical consulting organisation to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. We are the Accredited Test Facility* (ATF) for the Commission, providing technical services in relation to all systems assurance. If you have any questions then please contact the Commission or our Kahnawake Project Manager at kgc@gamingassociates.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Independent Auditor ftw?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are the Independent Auditor that KGC is supposedly having audit their sites on a monthly basis. I think it might be useful if more people read this page:

KGC Regulations
Old 10-17-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh.. and don't get too excited about the independent auditor. I'm already calling shenanigans with it.

By the time the auditor examines their system, they can easily cover up or remove any damning evidence.

For example, they could disable Account 363's superuser access. They could fix it so there is absolutely zero evidence that the account ever had such access.

Obviously AP would not readily invite a third-party investigator into their computers and files if they weren't 100% sure they'd come out smelling like roses.

The only way I would accept the validity of this "audit" is if the auditor works in conjunction with a player representative who helps direct what is actually examined. I will volunteer for this job, but as long as any trusted 2+2er is selected for it, I'll be just as happy.

What I don't want to see is this auditor being led around on a leash by AP, and subsequently coming out giving them a favorable report.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really, really think the Abso security dept is too stupid to be able to do this.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh.. and don't get too excited about the independent auditor. I'm already calling shenanigans with it.

By the time the auditor examines their system, they can easily cover up or remove any damning evidence.

For example, they could disable Account 363's superuser access. They could fix it so there is absolutely zero evidence that the account ever had such access.

Obviously AP would not readily invite a third-party investigator into their computers and files if they weren't 100% sure they'd come out smelling like roses.

The only way I would accept the validity of this "audit" is if the auditor works in conjunction with a player representative who helps direct what is actually examined. I will volunteer for this job, but as long as any trusted 2+2er is selected for it, I'll be just as happy.

What I don't want to see is this auditor being led around on a leash by AP, and subsequently coming out giving them a favorable report.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really, really think the Abso security dept is too stupid to be able to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha c'mon man you don't have to be smart to lie.. they're already shown that
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM

Also, Gaming Associates (GA) also audits for people other then the KGC. Check out this page:

GA Jurisdictions

/edit I'm not saying I think they are good at what they do, just that I think they actually are independent. Theoretically, if they were actually doing their job, they would have uncovered all this [censored] long before we (the community) did.

I'd bet most of my roll that the audit finds nothing.

at the present moment I am having visions of an Absolute Poker version of the "Team America: World Police" scene where Kim Jong-Il gets Hans Blix thrown into a shark-tank.

How about they start off by hiring a TRULY independent auditor, and not one working for the gaming commission that they pay a steep licensing fee to?

This looks like they're already posturing to make this fall in their favor, rather than actually making an attempt to get to the bottom of it.

Most interesting about their statement, however, is their claim that Scott Tom hasn't worked for them in "over a year". Then why was he spamming crap about AP as recently as June, 2007?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think they have at least 1 smart guy they use for matters like this, lol. ur being a bit naive imo.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"remedies equitable" is a correct form of the term. It's just that the two words are so far away from each other in the sentence that it sounds weird. I agree the whole statement looks rushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. The statement is still obviously rushed, and there's no excuse for some of the other grammar mistakes. This is really the end of this detour, though, and I'll drop it.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha c'mon man you don't have to be smart to lie.. they're already shown that

[/ QUOTE ]

when have they lied? they said that the play was suspicious, but they thought it was just a string of extraordinary luck. Although no real poker player believes that this is realistically possible, plently of non poker people I've explained this too IRL have expressed this same feeling.
Closed Thread