Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

See my above EDIT. Hell, just click on his SN, and do a view of all his posts to see what I mean.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:38 PM

Guys, can we please stop letting shortline hang himself? I'm inclined to worry about other people for now than lynching shortline AGAIN and being wrong.

Iron_Yuppie is starting to really seem suspicious to me now. My wolf list, in order of likelyhood:

Iron_Yuppie
SynSid
BobOjedaFan

vote Iron_Yuppie
Old 05-05-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here's a statement I actually have faith in.

Synsid is notorious for making all sorts of weird speculations and generally making himself sound suspicious. Here are his posts:

From Day 1:

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'm finally here and have skimmed through the thread.

Top half/bottom half for seers looks fine. I can see why there's suspicion on TheBram - he IS acting the way he did the two times he's been wolves. Problem, for me at least, is that I've only played with him 3 times - one of which was his first game (I think) and the other 2 he was a wolf. So I've no real idea if that's how he acts when he's a villager.

The Nichp/Alex argument doesn't to me suggest wolfiness more for one than the other. More likely than not they're either 2 villagers arguing over strategy or two wolves trying to keep the argument on strategy and away from identifying who the wolves are.

Will go back through the thread now more thoroughly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Vote Hornacek

He's either a villager who doesn't care - or a wolf who does. Either way lynching him isn't a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

From yesterday, right before the deadline:

[ QUOTE ]
Vote junkmail

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not typical SynSid behavior. Vote SynSid. If Synsid doesn't accumulate votes then I will probably change my vote to BobOjedaFan at the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three quick points in rebuttal to this (nearly didn't bother as seems noone else took much notice of it anyway - which seems wierd of itself):

1. Main reason for the brevity of my posts was lack of time due to RL commitments.
2. I'd refer you to the first run of this game (the aborted one) where I WAS a wolf - I think my behaviour there was somewhat different to in this thread.
3. I'm making a conscious effort not to look so wolfy anyway - as it's been getting me lynched too much when I'm a villager.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 PM

vote bobojedafan i didn't read today's day thread, and i'm not sure if i'll get another chance to post before 7pm, but based on the events of yesterday, i feel he has stepped to definitely be suspect numero uno. It seemed like he really got close to dying and then got pushed off (i realize this implicates me), and that, coupled with the fact that his spazzing may indicate wolfhood, makes him the best candidate for being a WW.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:46 PM

Default Last Minute Votes

I think some people are placing too much emphasis on when votes are cast - in part because they haven't appreciated the difference between this and a turbo game. As votes don't "count" until the end of day it's pretty impossible to put any pressure on someone until very near the end - or at least to trigger any response from the wolves. If a wolf sees a fellow wolf getting near to a majority there just isn't the same pressure to remove their vote - as they know they can wait until near the deadline to see if the villagers move votes off to a new target without having to play their own hand. Voting early gives the wolves prior notice of whether or not one of them is the day's prime suspect (and by how many villagers) and also lets them know whether they can afford to vote for a fellow wolf or not safely. All the time there's a bunch of villagers who haven't voted or indicated who they're going to vote for, it becomes very risky for a wolf to vote for another wolf - as if they do so and villagers pile on later they either have to assist in lynching a wolf or remove their vote drawing attention to themselves.

I believe voting early in this game's setup quite possibly plays into the wolves' hands - as it allowed them to predict and manipulate how villagers will vote much easier.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Last Minute Votes

[ QUOTE ]
I think some people are placing too much emphasis on when votes are cast - in part because they haven't appreciated the difference between this and a turbo game. As votes don't "count" until the end of day it's pretty impossible to put any pressure on someone until very near the end - or at least to trigger any response from the wolves. If a wolf sees a fellow wolf getting near to a majority there just isn't the same pressure to remove their vote - as they know they can wait until near the deadline to see if the villagers move votes off to a new target without having to play their own hand. Voting early gives the wolves prior notice of whether or not one of them is the day's prime suspect (and by how many villagers) and also lets them know whether they can afford to vote for a fellow wolf or not safely. All the time there's a bunch of villagers who haven't voted or indicated who they're going to vote for, it becomes very risky for a wolf to vote for another wolf - as if they do so and villagers pile on later they either have to assist in lynching a wolf or remove their vote drawing attention to themselves.

I believe voting early in this game's setup quite possibly plays into the wolves' hands - as it allowed them to predict and manipulate how villagers will vote much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think votes cast in the last minute of a round are telling votes that should certainly be considered differently than other votes.

You think voting early plays into the wolves' hands? So far, voting late has killed off a seer in each game. I can't see how that possibly helps the village.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 PM

(Just woke up, yay college. Just got done catching up in the thread as well.)

Vote Shortline.

For starters, there's far too great a distance between the level of posting that he did on days one and any other day. (I realize I didnt post on day one as well, but in general I dont post very often. Shortline on the other hand seems to always have something to say)

Also, the fact that Shortline has to constantly respond to every accusation against him seems fishy to me.

Lastly, I'm also votint for Shortline due to the pure annoyance factor.

Again, Vote Shortline.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:06 PM

This thread is growing too damn fast to keep up with.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is growing too damn fast to keep up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:47 PM

I don't quite understand why thebram is suddenly being overlooked this round. Most everyone seemed to believe he was acting wolfy. Now that wdcbooks is dead, one of the people who went after thebram, it seems like he is being ignored.