Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Dear Poker Gods:

[ QUOTE ]
darsh,

great report.

gin is gross.

lol at all of the stories involving 50 cent, but especially hiw revenge on everyone's stacks.

lol at 2DOGSFUCKING.

cocktail waitresses work for tips, so of course she isn't going to shoot you down, but she's also not going to get coffee, dinner, or cunnilingus with you after work.

the closest i've seen anyone to picking up a cocktail waitress at work happened at the Wynn and involved -- of course -- milesdyson's roommate. we were walking out of the poker room to get some lunch, and miles was telling matt(? i think that's his name) about some hand when all of a sudden they both stopped talking. i've been with enough hetero men to know what this means, so i followed their gazes and saw one of the many attractive specimens of womanhood and child-bearing that Steve Wynn employs to keep his poker room patrons from climbing up on the wagon.

matt and the waitress made eye contact and matt looked into her eyes and said: "i love you." i started laughing (sometimes i'm a bad wingman) but she actually stopped! and talked to him for a minute! miles is a good wingman so he kept walking and i followed.

nothing came of it of course, but it's the closest i've ever seen to an actual base hit against a girl who faces more batters in an 8-hour shift than nolan ryan faced during his prolonged career. beware the split-fingered fastball, gentlemen; it shows no mercy, and you will swing every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Cracker,

You are wise both in the ways of women and of breaking balls. Indeed, your wisdom extends even to the precise sexual activity I wanted to perform with her most. You're good.

Admittedly, any chances I did or will have with her are not nearly as great as I stated in my TR (for comedic effect, mostly), mainly because the "don't [censored] where you eat" rule is not gender-specific, but also because she's her and I'm, well, me. To say that I'm bad around women is like calling Einstein "smarter than average." Yeah, it's accurate, but it merely scratches the surface in terms of description. Most of the time, I get shot down even when I'm speaking innocuously, not even trying to throw any game: "I'd like two cheeseburgers and a Diet Coke." "I have a boyfriend."

So the fact that she did not immediately reject me has exciting implications for, if nothing else, future sexual endeavors I may engage in. Perhaps she was hustling me for bigger tips or, if she played her cards right, even more lucrative prospects. (This would not be the first time this has happened to me; just last year I was strung along by an ex-stripper for just long enough until she felt comfortable asking me if I'd co-sign a lease on the SUV she was interested in buying. Needless to say, she was barking up the wrong tree if she thought I had that kind of scrilla, but even if I did I do eventually wise up to know when I'm being played, even if the player in question has huge knockers.)

But in that case, why stay outside the room and talk to me? Over the course of the night I tipped her $10 at the absolute most. Taking time to talk to me to bump that up a few bucks would invariably slow her down for the 20-some other potential tippers in the poker room. And the questions she asked were genuine; of course, she may just be an exceptional liar or very skilled at feigning interest. But again, if she was looking for a big score (in financial terms only), I'm not the mark she really wants, for reasons that are eminently obvious to anyone who takes one look at me.

Perhaps you are right that no man ever successfully solicits a cocktail waitress when she's on shift; I'd argue that even with your vast experience, you're still working from a small sample size. I'm sure it's happened before. Thinking that I have no shot with a certain woman has assuredly cost me more opportunities than any of the dumb stuff I've done when I actually have tried.

Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times. Nolan Ryan gave up 321 home runs. Might as well swing and see what happens. <font color="white">Also, apropos of nothing, LOL at the fact that the only person's name you capitalized was Steve Wynn, as if he were Jesus Christ or something.</font>
Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Might as well swing and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my nomination.. as it is more concise than the others, hence making it a better title.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm still fond of:

[ QUOTE ]
Less hugs more bans

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: A hiatus

Ok, let's do this guys!!!

---

I will do this on biweekly basis and will post the digest on the 1st and 15th of each month. Threads that originated from 10th-24th (nominations post goes out on 25th) and threads from 25th-9th. (nominations post goes out on 10th).
I'm already behind this month but I'm plowing through the posts right now.

I noticed the digest has some sort of library at the end. Is this standard? At the moment I think I'll just give the posts, I hope that's ok.

---

I'm going to Vegas this weekend baby. Some hiking in Red Rock on Saturday, some poker on Sunday. Probably 15-30 Bellagio.

---

I just saw "Lucky You" on demand yesterday. I think that's the way to do it. I had not seen it in the theaters, but I would've been angry at spending 10 bucks to see that. I think it's a good TV movie, though. Easily digestable, with such a cheesy ending. Will never make my Top 10 lists of basically anything, but I know 1 dealer in the movie personally (no it wasn't the guy with the burn card, it was a female dealer at the high stakes game), so I sat there in anticipation... The pros playing was a nice touch, the side-bets were hilarious (more sportsbetting would've been more realistic). Anyway, t'was a good weeknight movie.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 PM

I noticed Sushi mention it as well as a few others in various forums, but for those who have read it, what is your impression of "How Good Is Your Limit Hold'Em"?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 PM

Bella,

It's generally helpful to include some of the library links at the end of the digest. At least include the link to all the past digests and a link to the current NC thread.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:18 PM

please make it stop [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 PM

i think once a month would be enough for the digest, but thats just me.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will do this on biweekly basis and will post the digest on the 1st and 15th of each month. Threads that originated from 10th-24th (nominations post goes out on 25th) and threads from 25th-9th. (nominations post goes out on 10th).
I'm already behind this month but I'm plowing through the posts right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the traffic is slowly going down, you may want to do this only once a month. Also, try not to burn yourself out. It's okay to let others tell you what threads were good.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed Sushi mention it as well as a few others in various forums, but for those who have read it, what is your impression of "How Good Is Your Limit Hold'Em"?

[/ QUOTE ]

2 Thumbs Up!
Closed Thread