Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Dear Poker Gods:

darsh,

great report.

gin is gross.

lol at all of the stories involving 50 cent, but especially hiw revenge on everyone's stacks.

lol at 2DOGSFUCKING.

cocktail waitresses work for tips, so of course she isn't going to shoot you down, but she's also not going to get coffee, dinner, or cunnilingus with you after work.

the closest i've seen anyone to picking up a cocktail waitress at work happened at the Wynn and involved -- of course -- milesdyson's roommate. we were walking out of the poker room to get some lunch, and miles was telling matt(? i think that's his name) about some hand when all of a sudden they both stopped talking. i've been with enough hetero men to know what this means, so i followed their gazes and saw one of the many attractive specimens of womanhood and child-bearing that Steve Wynn employs to keep his poker room patrons from climbing up on the wagon.

matt and the waitress made eye contact and matt looked into her eyes and said: "i love you." i started laughing (sometimes i'm a bad wingman) but she actually stopped! and talked to him for a minute! miles is a good wingman so he kept walking and i followed.

nothing came of it of course, but it's the closest i've ever seen to an actual base hit against a girl who faces more batters in an 8-hour shift than nolan ryan faced during his prolonged career. beware the split-fingered fastball, gentlemen; it shows no mercy, and you will swing every time.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
beware the split-fingered fastball, gentlemen; it shows no mercy, and you will swing every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic...definitely gets my vote for title of the next NC thread
Old 09-25-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a girl who faces more batters in an 8-hour shift than nolan ryan faced during his career.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote for this one personally
Old 09-25-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beware the split-fingered fastball, gentlemen; it shows no mercy, and you will swing every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic...definitely gets my vote for title of the next NC thread

[/ QUOTE ]
I lol'd, and I don't even think I know what it means.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:19 PM

Default A hiatus

To whom it may concern:

You may have noticed there is no Digest link whoring thread. I just don't have the time or interest right now for it. Sorry guys, I haven't played poker in 3 weeks and just have no desire to analyze strategy threads at the moment. I noticed (you may have too) when I did the last digest that I just copied the links and didn't put effort into more then a cursory description of what was in them. I feel the digest deserves better then that and right now I can’t do that. I hope someone (maybe one of the more focused noobs/members/old hands) will take up the digest and be more diligent and creative with it, as they are more involved in the strategy threads. If someone does want to take it up and needs help (like a digest template in Word) or ideas, I am more then anxious to offer any assistance I can feel free to PM or AIM.

I’ll still be around, trolling [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] mostly NC threads and a few other posts and forums as you guys are some of my good friends, so you won’t be rid of me. For now I am just not interested in poker itself, I’m sure I will seriously return to the tables eventually, but am always up for 2+2 drunkernments, tables, or sweats if you guys holla at me for them or I catch them.

Keep grinding fellas
Thomas
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: A hiatus

Thomas, thanks for doing the digests etc for as long as you did. I agree that it really needs someone with the motivation and keenness to do it.

For a change of pace I say we get a relative newbie to take up the challenge of doing the digest. Someone who is keen and still and who is still ramping up at a rapid rate could get alot out of it.

yeah also we know we cant get rid of you. hehe. cya in the NC thread and AIM (fwiw I just cant be bothered turning on aim as much as I used to. lol).

anyway, til the next drunernpokerament.

gogogo

ozi
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a change of pace I say we get a relative newbie to take up the challenge of doing the digest. Someone who is keen and still and who is still ramping up at a rapid rate could get alot out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought as well.

Kit? Ulkis? Landon? Belatrix? Xylo? I think the digest would be good under any of these and I see great potential in all of their abilities to contribute
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Ok, here it goes... I might regret this.

I would be up for it!

But I've only been here for the last 20 days or so. Can somebody give me the rundown (like talking to a 3-year old) of how it works?
I post a thread, where you guys "nominate" posts?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:57 AM

Beat: Still in lab. Still not really close to going home.

Bella,

Read the forum. Make a text file or something as your scratch sheet for the weekly/biweekly/monthly (your choice) digest. When you come across a great thread, copy-and-paste the url into your text file. Be sure you're using flat mode instead of threaded mode. Then, a few days before you are scheduled to post the digest, put up a thread asking for input about other great threads. Add the urls of any you missed to your text file. When you're ready to post the digest, use all the urls you've compiled to make a post in the style of the digest that's currently a sticky on this forum. When you're done, post it, and then PM a mod who'll lock it and make it a sticky.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, here it goes... I might regret this.

I would be up for it!

But I've only been here for the last 20 days or so. Can somebody give me the rundown (like talking to a 3-year old) of how it works?
I post a thread, where you guys "nominate" posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah most start with a thread asking for good strategy posts. People can either post them in that thread, or PM you. Then read through them at least enough to get an idea of what concepts are discussed. Then put together a post that links those posts and a bit about them. You can look at previos digests for ideas on organizing.

If you need more help feel free to PM me, or you can find my AIM under my profile here.

Wookie beat me to it: yeah the best way is to keep the URL's of the threads you think are digest worthy. Then just add a few more from the thread. You can do it on whatever timeframe you like.
Closed Thread