View Poll Results: K8 Suited
Call 26 92.86%
Raise 2 7.14%
Muck 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

I think it's rather funny how "tiltman" believes that hand is proof that someone is bad. It's really hilarious, shows what a huge nit he apparently is.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's rather funny how "tiltman" believes that hand is proof that someone is bad. It's really hilarious, shows what a huge nit he apparently is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yes im definitely a nit... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] lmao

For the hand...I just dont understand how calling the flop can be a profitable and sound play...basically you are hoping the opponent is bluffing and that he gives up on the turn so you can take the pot [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Am I missing something there?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:33 PM

Have you never ever in your entire life floated a c/r in a button vs blinds situation on a Q54r-flop?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 PM

MDMA, one thing is for sure.
That call is pathetically bad vs Tiltman [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 PM

Then he is a nit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then he is a nit

[/ QUOTE ]

He surely is...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Thats precisely what I said
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had a +12PTBB streak and I had a +2PTBB streak at Party NL400+600, both 100K hands. I don't have much more to add.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, now this is a useful reply. however this does seem pretty extreme. im not sure coz im relatively new to party (last 4 months), but do you think that maybe some of it is attributed to the games getting tougher since the US legislation? also, were your PT stats constant throughout both stretches? im not saying that it wasnt all just running good/running bad, im just wondering if you think that anything else besides variance contributed to these stark results.
i guess its always going to be difficult to come up with an accurate long term winrate given the ever changing climate of the games and the fact that a player might improve/get worse over the measured time period.
oh well, i really just wanted to get an idea of what some of the better players are making. it sounds like 7-8ptbb is very much the upper end of the scale. thanks to everyone who gave feedback.

edit: oh yeah, Herrigel, if you could post graphs that'd be much appreciated. im not trying to saying you are full of bs, i just wanna see a 12ptbb graph over 100k hands. ive never heard of someone running that well for that long before and figured that the graph would look sick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had 100k hands at 0ptbb/100 (maybe negative even) and 100k hands at 14ptbb/100

[/ QUOTE ]

What is you standard deviation in ptbb/100?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that no matter what regular's name someone posts - one person will say he's "sick good" and another says "he sucks" just shows you that people's reads are largely influenced by single unusual hands played against that person and not on actual evaluation of that player's skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no one's mentioned you yet eh? It's ok, me neither [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its a good thing for my game no ones mentioned me. I'm a LAGtard who works on peoples folding equity; if no one mentions me, thats a good thing.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that no matter what regular's name someone posts - one person will say he's "sick good" and another says "he sucks" just shows you that people's reads are largely influenced by single unusual hands played against that person and not on actual evaluation of that player's skill level.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no one's mentioned you yet eh? It's ok, me neither [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its a good thing for my game no ones mentioned me. I'm a LAGtard who works on peoples folding equity; if no one mentions me, thats a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i havent been mentioned either. welcome to the land of the forgotten party regulars [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] although i dont think im that great anyway so no worries. id just be interested to know what ppl thought of me coz i think some would see me as nitty while other might think im kinda laggy/spewy...

or maybe everyone just thinks im crap and not worth mentioning. which would also make sense.
Closed Thread