Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

thing, you play almost as many hands from the sb as from the btn. so i guess you like 3betting from the SB and/or completing a lot? Do you play a lot of pots oop? Maybe cut down on playing hands from the very worst position. I think if you folded every hand in the sb except AQs+ and pairs and never 3bet, you might get your positional play straight. And I don't think you need to 3bet a lot from the sb against btn steals on 50nl to show a profit. I like protecting my btn against light co steals more...
Old 10-05-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Genz .... you are a good stand in for me, when I am away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I can be grumpy also! Let's just say, the quality of what is written in this thread often...oscillates...extremely.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Genz .... you are a good stand in for me, when I am away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I can be grumpy also! Let's just say, the quality of what is written in this forum often...oscillates...extremely.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-05-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I can be grumpy also! Let's just say, the quality of what is written in these forums often...oscillates...extremely.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

fyfyp
Old 10-05-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I can be grumpy also! Let's just say, the quality of what is written in this forum often...oscillates...extremely.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]
TBH, when I have the choice between posting hand reviews in uNL and just lurking in SSNL, only reading the Poo-Bah and Carpal replies to posted hands, I'd chose the latter immediately, coz I have only limited time. In uNL there is the point where you change from participating hoping/expecting to be corrected/flamed by better posters to being the one who teaches people. And while that can be fun, it feels like you aren't learning yourself anymore. And when I read a thread with discussion between veteran SSNL posters (you know what guys I'm talking about), it feels like tons of interesting stuff is raining down on you, even though you know it all. It's just put together in a different and more sophisticated way.
Ya'mean?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thing - These results are not meaningless. You should take a long hard look at your game.

One thing I see immediately is your W$WSF. It's much too low, which tells me that while your preflop game is probably OK, your postflop game has major holes.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these stats only look at a downswing, wouldn't it make sense for my W$WSF to be lower than it should be? Over a much larger sample, my W$WSF is higher (I'm trying to get the # right now, but my PT is taking forever to load the whole database).

Also, I never said results were meaningless - What I meant was (and this is what I said), you can't actually learn anything from your results ($ won/loss). If you're losing money over an extended period of time, yes, you're probably not playing well. But you don't *learn* anything by knowing this (except that you will probably continue to lose money if you play this way). Maybe we're just arguing semantics right now, but I think you have to go deeper than results to actually learn anything.

[ QUOTE ]
so i guess you like 3betting from the SB and/or completing a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this could be a leak. I like to complete with Kxs and Axs when there are limpers, and I like to defend KQo/AJo+, 22+. 90% of the time, the PFR will fold to a 3bet, so I don't think that is getting me into too much trouble. As for completing with speculative stuff, I almost always give up on the flop if I miss. Maybe I will take your advice and tighten up a lot in SB. What, if anything, should I do differently in the BB (as far as defense goes)?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Results & Poker... Hmmm now theres a poohbah post or perhaps not.

Since most people think 5k is a sample size, and running even for 20k means "you suck at poker" (note: cts and aba have done this, if they're a benchmark).

I've been running sick bad for the past 20k, but i approach every downswing with "wow i suck at poker". That way atleast you can try to improve(and spam uNL with whines as gelford will probably post below this LOLZ).

I've reviewed my game loads, but one thing ive noticed is it doesnt seem to be my poker game - More of my mindset, maybe its the same for you thing85. Now everytime i flop a set, someone had quads and everytime i get KK and reraised i sigh and say "AA" before shoving.

Try not to edit my game, last night i folded a $120 pot with a bottom set on the river to a shove getting around 1.5:1. Thats made me re-evaluate my game again, now im looking at my bet sizing as it seems to be a obvious leak in my game(well, it seems to be a tell).

If i had checked the river, the guy said he'd of checked. I bet $10 into 35 and he shoves due to weak bet. Hmmm

He played it bad IMO, but made me fold the better hand.

Review your game, Post hands, take a 2 day break.

Good luck dude, im in the same boat and i have beat NL$2 up to NL$200 for decent samples... Bleh poker is sick.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:22 PM

Thing, you sound like you got it down and know what you are doing.

GL.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM

who folds sets nl newb, u nit
Old 10-05-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PJ: The "i wasted all of them in the brew, i am a brew bitch" line made me lol for probably like the 3rd time ever on these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

this seems to me like a huge accomplishment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread