Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Funny hand that perfectly depicts blatant FTOP mistakes...

[ QUOTE ]
but it's not their fault if they don't know the unwritten rules or are just bad players. we were all there once, some of us (like me) are still there. punishing them for ignorance, innocence, or naivety (take your pick) seems a bit undue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to feel this way, too... 'why's everyone so harsh' .. ... 'why do they have to say it that way?' .... and I came to the honest conclusion that it's better that way.

If you're walking down a street and 10 people are going the other way, and one of them bumps your shoulder as they go by, who are you going to remember? The 9 others, or the guy who bumped your shoulder?

Dunno if you have the same experience in school that I had, but the teachers I remember are the teachers that challenged me.. not the teachers that let me get my way.

I can't tell you how many times I posted something and someone did some kinda harsh response and I had to retype my response to them 5 times before I realized what they were saying and I learned something.

People learn through adversity better than through shiny happy people holding hands, IMO.

So I got over it. You might, too, eventually.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:25 AM

I've tried to watch Scrubs once... I found that show to be ridiculously retarded. I'll never make that mistake again.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
damn... deucescracked sent off an e-mail to me... they realize that there's such things as paragraphs?! Anyone else get that e-mail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys,

We are much better at poker than we are at spam. We will not be spamming anyone on the regular so don't sweat us.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 03-30-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried to watch Scrubs once... I found that show to be ridiculously retarded. I'll never make that mistake again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard the first couple of times, and then it gets easier.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 AM

As for the teaming thing. I'm not sure why you guys even worry about it. It's online so there is nothing you can do about it. If you are that ethically opposed to it, then you probably shouldn't be using Poker Tracker either since it arguably gives people an unfair advantage, especially if you data mine.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the teaming thing. I'm not sure why you guys even worry about it. It's online so there is nothing you can do about it. If you are that ethically opposed to it, then you probably shouldn't be using Poker Tracker either since it arguably gives people an unfair advantage, especially if you data mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like, teaming with your computer!
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard the first couple of times, and then it gets easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time I see Scrubs I think of this old girlfriend and her obsession with Alley McBeal and I want to puke. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 11:16 AM

A few things.

1) I've been running at 0/100 for like 200k hands and I havne't taken necessary steps to fix that, even though I know what they are... dumb.

2) As you can see, when you run at ~0/100, swings are huge.

3) lol @ yesterday (started with a drop).

4) I'm going to try to post standard hands for my next like 100 posts. If I post a hand and it isn't standard, that's a hole in my poker knowledge.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Kerowo...I am all for berating the new guys on mistakes on the forum. Maybe its my time in the service, but I found mild harassment to be the best form of instruction. Its almost a garuntee that person won't do that again. I just always found it ironic that while doing so their post gets bumped to the top of the heap to be irritating for another day.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:24 AM

DavidC, what the hell happened around 34k? Those are the sharpest spikes I have ever seen.
Closed Thread