Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Average Speed IV Game Thread!

This kill makes no sense at all Kyro's Mom didn't make a post that would indicate to anyone that she even might be the seer. She basically sounded confused and jumped on the bandwagon for IStrong.

Given that I know my list will be shocking, but:

Get There
Xorbie
Chuckles
Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 AM

i am lost at the moment. this afternoon i'm going to have to re-read the whole thread. the wolves have played very well so far.

currently my top suspects:
wdcbooks
getthere1time
pudley
iron_yuppie

need to look back at istrong and see why he is suspected by others.

does anyone else feel alex levin has been too quiet and unhelpful?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:17 PM

My current top 3:

-Xorbie
-Books
-Fnord
Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 PM

I never should've taken the foot out of my mouth.

The confirmed villagers are still alive because wolves are happy with their suspect list. In the mean time, the wolves can point at Kyro's Mom/ScottHoward conspiracy theorists, and watch the village self-destruct. I suspected Xorbie early day 3, should've stayed with that.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:37 PM

Top 3:

1)xorbie
2)istrong
3)chuckles

dank,
I know I've been relatively quiet. I've been busy with real life stuff, so I haven't gotten a chance to post much.

I don't really understand what the wolves are trying to do here. It's almost as if they're killing the biggest suspect every night, which is essentially the opposite of what they should be doing. I agree with wdc books; it doesn't even look like seer hunting.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are Traz and Tokyo still alive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the wolves are blundering. They are really buying the second seer some time, or risking the village rallying and tokyo/traz getting it right.

Sometime today or tonight I will post my full suspect list with reasons. Xorbie has been trying to get me lynched and I want to have my suspicions layed out in case he either succeeds or I get eaten.

The second seer has had 3-4 looks, no? Depending on whether they won the coin toss for the first night.

I think the KM kill may have been a seer hunt/if miss kill a likely seer look if not, but that seems like fuzzy thinking on the wolves part. Knowing who Xorbie, Durron, Me, WDC are for sure would be a great help for the village. At this point, I think the seer needs to check out the stronger characters. We know we can trust Tokyo and Traz, but they are not being very vocal right now.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 PM

I have puzzled over the wolves kill choices for a while. Syn Sid and Kyro's Mom make no sense either as seer hunts or for strategic reasons. They just appear to be bad choice. If you read their posts prior to being killed they are similar. Both acted confused and unsure about nearly everyone and were reluctant to vote. Essentially they both explained why they wre joining existing bandwagons. This is exactly the opposite of the type of post someone on a seer hunt would look for.

I am glad our second seer is getting multiple looks as it looks like my lynch bandwagon is forming. Maybe if I can survive today I will get cleared.

If I were a wolf I wouldn't be eating Traz and Tokyo, they are confirmed villagers, but there are enough people left in this game to make that somewhat less important. I am tempted to make a list of the worst players remaining and push them as wolves because these night killings make so little sense for any strategy that I can understand.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:01 PM

After going through all of KM's posts, this was the most seer-like statement she made [ QUOTE ]
I am also not comfortable with lynching Durron - for reasons I won't get into right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
So far now I am willing to wager that if KM was a seer hunt, then Durron is a villager. By as for our wolves, My list as yet to change of Xorbie, Cezar, Pudley, WDCbooks, and MDoranD. I just hope we can lynch one of them this time around.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am tempted to make a list of the worst players remaining and push them as wolves because these night killings make so little sense for any strategy that I can understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a clever wolf plan if you, Xorbie and Pudley are wolves. I like how you just suggest it, because you know if you pushed this theory hard it would make it look like the wolf you are.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:15 PM

The thing I really don't understand about the wolf killings is that they've gone after people that had a reasonable amount of suspicion on them. SynSid had people on his back for awhile. I was suspicious as well but his long post giving reasons cleared him at the time in my eyes. Kyrosmom has been brought up from very early at least by a few people.

This is a very odd strategy.

One thing to remember is that in the redux game the wolves destroyed the villager and one way they did that was that their night kills confused the hell out of them. They were seer hunting but just sucked at it so their kills looked very random. Perhaps they're trying some strategy now where they kill random people to give us less information. That's pretty dumb while the seer is out there I think.

Also, I think the seer should come out quite early this game. If the wolves leave Tokyo and Traz around (if one of them are wolves we're pretty screwed here really) and the living seer has 5 other villagers for example it would be huge as we would have 7 cleared villagers. Even if he had no wolves that would be good for us.