Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

57-49-106 Bears Best.

Kind of a throwaway front. Struck the ball well, awful thinking and took a while for me to adjust back to slick Vegas greens after 2 rounds in St. Louis. Hit wood off every non-par 3 for the first time since I was a teenager, really pleased with the results. Consistent 220ish with the 3w, with a few as far as 230+. Settled down on the back, all bogeys with a double and triple that were both kind of bad luck. Happy with things right now.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:00 PM

87. Way too many double [censored] bogeys, including one where I hit an A+ drive in the center of the [censored] fairway, 125 from the [censored] green.

It would also help if I could putt.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM

OK, summary of my 18 hole rounds this year.

* = ~6,000 yards
** = ~ 7,000 yards
All other courses are about 6,400-6,600.

54-48-102*
54-64-118
54-60-114
49-59-108
51-50-101
66-60-126
51-64-115
55-58-113
52-59-111
50-55-105
59-54-113
53-55-108
68-58-118**
51-54-105
49-51-100
48-52-100
61-61-122
56-48-104*
42-48-90*
57-49-106

Definitely a decent trend.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:19 PM

40+42 = 82 (10 over). I played pretty much as well as I could on the front except for a triple bogey on 7 and a silly 3 putt on 9. I then played sloppy on the back and got to 7 over by 15. On 16 I yanked a 9 iron into the woods, had to chip out right handed from the mud and tall grass (I'm a lefty) over a mound, almost holed the chip in what would have been the most ridiculous shot of my life. I then missed the resulting 4 footer to save par [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I added a double, a three putt bogey, and a birdie on the short par 5 18th to complete my round. Driving was great, iron play was good, short game (esp. distance control) was poor, and putting was erratic (my lag putting was horrible but my short putting was quite good). In a lot of ways this round was a microcosm of my golf game this summer and I definitely know what I need to work on to improve and break into the 70s.

Also a five + hour round thanks to two of the worst groups I've ever seen in front of us. Waited every shot.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Woke up at 6am yesterday after a late night. Teed off at 8:15 and started off double/double/triple/double/quad. I could barely swing I was so sore and stiff from night before. Got loosened up a bit and finished the front 9 alright.

Had probably my best 9 hole stretch ever on the back shooting 6 pars and 3 singles, but had 3 birdie putts inside 15 ft and didn't even scare the hole on any of them so kinda bittersweet.

Prob won't go out again till Wednesday.

54/38/92
Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM

GOT,

Can you guys play golf year-round in Seattle? How uncomfortable/miserable is it from November-March? I've heard the good weather is in the July-September frame, and the other months are really wet. Wet + cold = no good.

I'll start a thread soon regarding how many of the posters in this forum have the ability to play year-round where they live.

Mat was kind enough to spare this forum, but with only a small percentage (guessing) of posters able to play all year plus very few mentionable golf events between now and January (President's Cup and Q School, to be specific) I'm concerned for how many visitors this forum will get for the next six months, but particularly the next three.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll start a thread soon regarding how many of the posters in this forum have the ability to play year-round where they live.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play all year in the Philadelphia and the courses are open weather dependent, i.e. you can play as long as there is no snow on the ground, and some mornings you have to wait for frost warning to be lifted.

The best part is that I don't have to contend with a whole bunch of fat, cart-driving slow golfers. And I enjoy playing on frozen ground with a lot of carry because it reminds me of Scotland. Plus I enjoy drinking Scotch to keep warm.

If you start a thread, I don't mind repeating myself, especially the part of not having to deal with people.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 PM

48-53=101 at Redgate, in Rockville, Md., which is not the kind of course where I should be shooting 30 over par.

First round in three weeks and I started well, but after four or five holes, I completely lost the ability to do anything. Occasionally, my alignment gets screwed up and I either block things out to the right or, in trying to adjust for that, hit way behind the ball and hook it.

Oddly, today, it carried over to my putting -- so I hit a lot of my putts like two feet right of where I wanted to. I don't know that I made a putt longer than my dick all day, which sadly means that I have a future in neither adult movies nor golf.

There are worse ways to spend four and a half hours on a beautiful afternoon than golfing with one's father, though.

-McGee
Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 PM

84. Ballstriking good, putting horrible. Missed long, short, left, right, you name it.

Did have a little highlight, last par 3 hit a shot that was all over the pin. Came up about 12 inches short. Some day.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GOT,

Can you guys play golf year-round in Seattle? How uncomfortable/miserable is it from November-March? I've heard the good weather is in the July-September frame, and the other months are really wet. Wet + cold = no good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't know 'cause I just started playing last spring and then didn't play from Sept to May. My guess is it's gonna suck though. I plan on playing thru the weather though so I can be putting up some decent scores by next summer. That and I think I'm pretty addicted already anyway. I wish someone had told me about this game sooner, it's so [censored] sick.