Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Does the idea of a week-long "medium" game interest you / have merit?
Yes 21 70.00%
No 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Re: any Big Brother fans out there?

if he puts up jameka, then he's dumb if he wants an alliance member gone

u CANNOT backdoor someone this week as EVERYONE competes for Veto

so, he has two options (if he wants to get rid of one of the 4 in the alliance):

put up jameka/x...then jameka will stay on the block unless zach/jameka win veto...and the 4some can vote jameka out as they have voting power this week

put up x/y...then jameka won't go on the block and one of the foursome HAS to go

so he shouldn't put jameka on the block if he wants to break up the 4some, because she will go home if on the block unless she/zach win veto...so 4v2 in veto competition...but if zach never puts her up, she can't go home

once we've established that, does he care which of the 4 goes home? if he doesn't care, then put up whatever combo...tho putting up a duo is smarter, as u can put up eric/jess and get in good with dick/danielle, or vice-versa...if u put up one of each, all 4 are mad at u
Old 08-31-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They gotta fix this game and get rid of the HoH not being able to compete the next week again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a good idea, can't believe I never really thought about this myself before.

[/ QUOTE ]

this could break the game...if someone comes in the house and wins every hoh, then they can never go home...and before u say "well, if they win them all they deserve to win" ask yourself is bb really about the hoh competitions? it's about the group dynamics, alliances, backstabbing, etc etc...it'd be boring if it were just 14 hoh competitions and that's it

also, knowing u will def be vulnerable the week after u are hoh means u have to be smarter about ur nominations etc as people may come back at u

u take away soooo much from the game if u remove that rule, and don't really add anything
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM

I'm starting to hate Eric. He's just so damn annoying. I'm really pulling for Zach at this point.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u take away soooo much from the game if u remove that rule, and don't really add anything

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally disagree with you guys. First of all I don't think you lose the backstabbing/backdooring aspect of the game. Just because someone wins a couple HoH's in a row doesn't change that at all. In fact, if anything, if you win 2-3 HoH's in a row you've thrown a HUGE target on yourself and as soon as you lose there is a good chance you'll get put up. So in some sense it can just as easily add a strategic element as in how many you want to win and how often.

And yes the way it works now you have to worry about being nominated the following week so that changes your nominations. But this isn't always for the best. Sometimes these game players make strategic moves because they are afraid to rock the boat knowing that the other faction will come after them. If they had a chance to play for HoH they might be willing to make more risky moves.

Also, the way it often works now, is that the strongest players get picked off early because the HoH often gets targeted from week to week, letting the floaters/weak members of alliances slide on by each week.

Personally while the dynamics may change somewhat, I think that you still would have essentially the same game, only with the chance that someone like Janelle who kicks ass at competitions can actually save herself when the other alliance gets the majority. In S6 when Janelle lost she basically had no shot to survive or make any impact in the game barring having to win every single POV.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:07 AM

what if janelle won every hoh...what fun of a game would that have been?

winning veto everytime is cool and similiar to winning immunity idol in survivor week after week

but winning hoh every week would ruin the game...and if janelle had no shot to survive, it's because of her other aspects of the gameplay...her making the right alliances, making the right strategic moves, whatever...that's the MOST important part of the game!, not the competitions...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 AM

Speaking of Janelle (not sure if this has been mentioned yet) - she's hosting next week's HOH.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what if janelle won every hoh...what fun of a game would that have been?

winning veto everytime is cool and similiar to winning immunity idol in survivor week after week

but winning hoh every week would ruin the game...and if janelle had no shot to survive, it's because of her other aspects of the gameplay...her making the right alliances, making the right strategic moves, whatever...that's the MOST important part of the game!, not the competitions...

[/ QUOTE ]

If Janelle won every HoH it would have been a million times better than the nerd herd taking it home. The final 3 was unwatchably boring.

I guess I don't see how allowing someone to play for HoH repeatedly takes away any of the things you say it does. IMO all it does is add a different strategic layer to the game. You still have to make all the right strategic moves, but it just gives you an out when all else breaks down that you still have a shot.

Do you really think Mike Boogie deserved to win it all last year? In a final 2 with Erika? Strategically, Dr Will dominated that game. In fact, part of his strategy was for most of the season to never win an HoH! Something that I think a lot of smart players would have to do, given that winning multiple HoH's in a row (or even not, see: Janelle) places a big target on your back.

Anyways, since I don't think it will ever happen, we can agree to disagree.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Double eviction: they hold another quick comp, winner is HoH and Nominates ppl RIGHT ON THE SPOT, and every1 else votes RIGHT ON THE SPOT. Then that person is evicted too, but in past seasons this has happened over the weekends so there was another live show on a Sunday and another comp. It all depends how they do it this time, especially since they say "no warnings" this week [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I remember Boogie/Will attempting to strategize a lil between this last year, forget all the details but I know they did walk off for a sec and talk and came right back.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, they also have a veto compitition and ceremony crammed in.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM

Either BB has some super rigging skills, or they've luckboxed for like the 4th straight week into the perfect person for added drama winning HOH.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either BB has some super rigging skills, or they've luckboxed for like the 4th straight week into the perfect person for added drama winning HOH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wonder about this. Not that they actually rig the competition itself, but I wonder if they select competitions each week that are geared towards the specific strengths of who they want to win. Like this week they realized Zach would be the best for drama, so it was an endurance challenge.