Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
I play full ring, so the advice may not be worth much to you, but I find that 400nl is in many cases easier and softer than 200nl. At 200nl, you run into a TON of mega-multitabling grinders. At 400nl, I find tables that have 2 to 4 regulars and the rest are basically idiots.

For some reason I can't quite explain, the 600nl tables seem to be much tougher with a much higher level of play - lots of regulars, tough opposition, solid play, etc. However, the 1000nl tables are nearly identical to the 400nl tables as you get tons of recreational players.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that is very interesting and I'm surprised. Very good info, thanks. What kind of stats do you run at FR?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Suzzer,
Question 1 is probably like 4-6k.

Question 2 is tougher.
I'm basing this on nothing, but I think it is the same for both. So like x percent of 50nl players move up and x percent of 100nl players and etc. to 200/400 nl

[ QUOTE ]
solid 400nl or 600nl player would shove if FD raises that river, regardless of his hand where at 200nl that would be less rare. Shoving that river after a raise by FD on the river puts him in a bad spot and good players recognize that where avg players do not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really wrong. Three bet bluffing the river 250bbs deep. IS a pretty complicated play and one that a 400nl player would rarely make. The bigger detterent to raising against a good player is that he will fold hands random donkeys will always call with.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer,

Question 2 is tougher.
I'm basing this on nothing, but I think it is the same for both. So like x percent of 50nl players move up and x percent of 100nl players and etc. to 200/400 nl

[/ QUOTE ]

So just to confirm, for #1, 10-15 BI in a weekend is good/very good? Same for bad right?

And what % would you put 'x' at, roughly?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer,

Question 2 is tougher.

[ QUOTE ]
solid 400nl or 600nl player would shove if FD raises that river, regardless of his hand where at 200nl that would be less rare. Shoving that river after a raise by FD on the river puts him in a bad spot and good players recognize that where avg players do not.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is really wrong. Three bet bluffing the river 250bbs deep. IS a pretty complicated play and one that a 400nl player would rarely make. The bigger detterent to raising against a good player is that he will fold hands random donkeys will always call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably overstated my remark, but I defer to Paterbator's comments in that thread and MSNL, along with FD's.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Notes about me;
- I was a low limit O8b winner
- Kept blowing all my winnings playing HE too high
- Could hold my own at the 1/2 stakes and .50/1 stakes about the same time last year.
- Now I try to play the .25c/.50c full ring game and i'm getting crushed.
- I have been playing SNG's for about 6 months ago in an effort to learn discipline and to build a roll comfortable enough to play cash games with.

I can afford to play .25/.50 (20 buy-ins)now but what do you guys think is the best way to really curb the learning curve.(that sentence sounds weird in my head).

I have PT but have never really used it extensively b4 and don't even really know how to use it effectively. Any threads on beginners for PT?

Any suggestions on how to start guys?

Thanks a lot
Old 09-11-2007, 12:21 AM

suzzer,

I guess for me the swings per table are similar for nl400 as they were for the $215s, but I make about twice as much per table hour in nl400 and I play about 1/2 as many tables. So, in practice, 1/2 the swing for the same money.

I have no idea about the 2nd part, but if I look at my db maybe 40% of the regulars are in the black(green). I don't have a big sample on any one of them, but that's the general picture.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Questions for you cash defectors:

How much can you make/lose in a) good, b) really good, c) bad, d) really bad weekend playing 400NL?

What % would you say of 2p2ers go from 200NL to 400NL, winning at both? Then what % of those go on to beat 600NL and 1kNL, respectively?

[/ QUOTE ]

suzz, 1st question really depends on how good your w/r is, how many hands you play, how well you table select. Most people are not big enough winners for a downswing in the 15 buyin range to be out of the question. 2/4 and 3/6 are pretty much the same level, as a very high % of the regs play both. 3/6 is a bit tougher b/c there are not quite as many fish and some 5/10 regs slum it down there. Both your questions are impossible to give a real answer for though.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play full ring, so the advice may not be worth much to you, but I find that 400nl is in many cases easier and softer than 200nl. At 200nl, you run into a TON of mega-multitabling grinders. At 400nl, I find tables that have 2 to 4 regulars and the rest are basically idiots.

For some reason I can't quite explain, the 600nl tables seem to be much tougher with a much higher level of play - lots of regulars, tough opposition, solid play, etc. However, the 1000nl tables are nearly identical to the 400nl tables as you get tons of recreational players.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 6-max 2/4 is def harder than 1/2, although its not a huge huge diff. there are a massive # of fish at 1/2 though and that number goes down a lot. A winning 1/2 player that only wins from fish and cannot exploit leaks in regs will not win at 2/4 6M on stars.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:42 AM

also i would say anyone beating 1/2 for 6+ptbbs is prob good enough to win consistently at 2/4 and 3/6. no idea what % of 2p2ers that is but its not v. big
Old 09-11-2007, 01:42 AM

Ugh really stupid day today.
I was down like 200 in my session kept playing to get even. Played really bad ended up dropping 700 more. Than I realized I could still have a competent day if the Cardinals beat the 49ers (Ship Party no vig bets) I catch the end of the game to see the 49ers score the game winning td with 20 seconds left.
Closed Thread